Author Topic: "Ghosts of War" photographs  (Read 159 times)

Offline ABDCWOT

• Nickel Member
"Ghosts of War" photographs
« on: October 21, 2012, 11:18:48 AM »
These photographs were compiled by Jo Teeuwisse, a historical consultant. Pretty incredible stuff. Enjoy.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/99684904@N00/

Here's her twitter @hab3045

-ab

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
Re: "Ghosts of War" photographs
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 03:27:02 PM »
The one that grabbed me the most was the "Germany; out of action" pic. I spent a day in Cologne back in May on our college study tour. I practically walked right through where that Panther tank and sign had been
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
Re: "Ghosts of War" photographs
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 05:26:52 PM »
shotguneely, there's a website that analyses that entire sequence second by second. Don't know the address but probably easily googled.

Iv'e seen similar photos before. They are spooky. I do subscribe to After the Battle Magazine, which alway had something similar. But photoshopped like that. That is very powerful.

Imagine having those photos and standing at that spot trying to imagine how it was.

Today funnily enough I visited an at least 500 year old castle, probably more like 800. Standing in the same spot that history was made was quite weird. /What ghost inhabit that space.