Author Topic: speed problems in GVs please help  (Read 409 times)

Offline Taurus45

• Zinc Member
speed problems in GVs please help
« on: October 25, 2012, 04:58:47 AM »
Hello All:

When in Tank almost always it will not shift out of 1st gear, this regardless of how often I hit W. Sometimes if I turn eng off and restart it that will fix problem but most times will not.

I woud say that this happens about 90% of time I use Tank or other GV, could my connection be causing this?

<S> Taurus45

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: speed problems in GVs please help
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 07:47:29 AM »
Are you using a twisty stick?. If there is any kind of turning input the tank will not shift gears. Check to be sure your stick isn't out of calibration and adding some turn input.

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 09:53:25 AM »
 This new transmission was a terrible change to the tanks in here. I know what you are saying about the tank not moving. I used to GV most the time I played AH until this new transmission came along and now I fly most the time. To bad we can't get the Supreme Court to review this decision.

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, 03:32:08 PM »
I had the same problem at one time. The Fugitive's answer was the ticket to making it work.

Try calibrating your stick.
See Rule #4

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, 04:04:43 PM »
 Taurus,

Hey old friend!   

Select mode 2 and then hilite the yaw axis,check advanced box and go to the deadpan slider,move it up about 1/4 to 1/2 inch,see if that removes the unwanted rudder inputs.  Also I told you it's shift + W to go to high gear!

Increasing deadpan increases the centering effect and should remove that unwanted input.

YMMV.

:salute

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, 04:25:55 PM »
Fugi,

Are you saying that the analog device you map to the Z-axis(rudder) will interfere with the transmission program function if it detects input? How can this be since we use the Z-axis to control the direction of the vehical?

I have the same problem with wirbels that I cannot get the wirbel to stop moving even if I hit the stop button. I have to turn off the engine. I often wind up stopped against trees or bushes after creeping into them when I hit the stop button then try to down shift to a stop manualy. Or hitting the stop button down shifts for a moment then the wirble shifts back up to full speed. I experience this in other vehicals sometimes. I'm using a Ch Fighter Stick and Saitek rudder pedals with my Go, Stop and Gears up\down mapped to buttons on my CH Throttel.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, 04:44:19 PM »
yes that is what I mean. If there is any "turn" input the tank will not shift gears. I use it to creep around. Add a bit of input to one of my rudders as I can run around in which ever gear I want.

Offline Taurus45

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, 07:07:40 PM »
Are you using a twisty stick?. If there is any kind of turning input the tank will not shift gears. Check to be sure your stick isn't out of calibration and adding some turn input.

AHHHH! comes the dawn Sir YES ! that is indeed the problem Thank You so very much for your input.

<S> Taurus45

Offline Taurus45

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, 07:09:16 PM »
I want to take this opportunity to Thank  everyone who answered my question.

<S> Taurus45