Author Topic: Respect  (Read 5265 times)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
Respect
« on: October 29, 2012, 08:26:44 PM »
Please help me out, what kind of flying behaviour do you respect?
Thank you.

Also you can tell me here why i suck an why im an idiot. Thank you.
AoM
City of ice

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
Re: Respect
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 08:31:52 PM »
If you don't kill me AFK and I come back to find you flying formation off my level K4, I respect you, JETSOM did that yesterday  :lol
If you see me already in a 1v1, or a 2v1, or a 3v1, and you stay out of break off, I respect you. I think you did that earlier D
If I kill you and you're a good sport about it, and don't go raging at me, and visa versa if you kill me and don't go on an ego trip etc. I respect you.

A few other things as well but that's the basic run down for me  :cheers:

:salute
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Krupinski

• Gold Member
      • Twitch
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 08:32:17 PM »
You suck because you sold out and fly the Dora now.  :neener:

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 08:48:11 PM »
If you don't kill me AFK and I come back to find you flying formation off my level K4, I respect you, JETSOM did that yesterday  :lol

One of my favorite things to do. The best reaction I got so far, I forget who it was, but he came back saw me off his wing and slowly throttled back causing me to overshoot.  :lol

I will always respect a player who will stick to a fight to the very end. I won't mind him trying to HO me or call for help as long as he attempts to fight back and not run away.
And, I respect the player who will let a wounded opponent go. If it was a good fight, I will always let my opponent ditch.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2012, 09:09:05 PM »
I respect those that fight in this combat game......running to friends/ACK/Deck as soon as you lose advantage is not fighting.......

committed BnZing is fighting....I have much respect for the one that BnZ's but if after 10-15 minutes they cant get the kill, disengage and DO NOT come back to pick........

a PM rage after getting killed gets you put on the tard list quite fast, that entitles you to never get a chk 6 from me...never get help from me...I will wait till the red guy kills your sorry arse before I engage him......

show respect you get respect.......

but in all honesty........as long as I fly and fight to the end....I am happy.

I see you let others get you upset Debrody when they fly/act like tards....1 thing you gotta remember it is their 15$......do like I do...put them on the list....and play like they do not exist....

If you see me already in a 1v1, or a 2v1, or a 3v1, and you stay out of break off, I respect you. I think you did that earlier D
If I kill you and you're a good sport about it, and don't go raging at me, and visa versa if you kill me and don't go on an ego trip etc. I respect you.

A few other things as well but that's the basic run down for me  :cheers:

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 09:16:30 PM »
Thank you.

Also you can tell me here why i suck an why im an idiot. Thank you.

-Those realizes it's a game and not real life.
-Those that can be competitive without being an idiot about it.   After all no one dies.  The challenge of the fight is all that matters in the end, win or lose.
-Those that ask before jumping your fight
-Those who can actually admit the other guy beat them fair and square without making excuses.
-Those that understand the game is more then just about them and that we all contribute to the fun or the lack of fun on any given day.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2012, 09:20:56 PM »
I respect those that fight in this combat game......running to friends/ACK/Deck as soon as you lose advantage is not fighting.......
Pretty much this.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2012, 09:22:12 PM »
-Those that can be competitive without being an idiot about it.   After all no one dies.  The challenge of the fight is all that matters in the end, win or lose.
-Those who can actually admit the other guy beat them fair and square without making excuses.
-Those that understand the game is more then just about them and that we all contribute to the fun or the lack of fun on any given day.

Agreed.

Will add:

Those who don't HO.
Those who don't gang.
Those who don't pick.
Those who don't vultch.

Hey, you asked.

- oldman

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2012, 10:08:20 PM »

I think Snailman and I proved good sportsmanship with this last B17 run we did, that he intercepted. He took me (flight lead) out quite efficiently, but as always, we both had a good time. Good sportsmanship is respected whether you play across the table or across the planet.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline kilroy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2012, 10:13:06 PM »
One of my favorite things to do. The best reaction I got so far, I forget who it was, but he came back saw me off his wing and slowly throttled back causing me to overshoot.  :lol

That was me Latrobe, I still died  :joystick: but it was funny. Thanks for being an unfriendly wingman  :rofl

:salute Latrobe I always enjoy flying with you or against you.   :airplane:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 10:16:04 PM by kilroy »

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2012, 10:23:45 PM »
I'll just say the number of things that I don't respect in a pilot outweigh the number of things that I do.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline bacon8tr

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2012, 10:36:32 PM »
Just fight it out....probally my single biggest down fall in this game is the fact that I will fight it out.  I respect all the cartoon peelots that play this game for the fight.
 :cheers:
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 10:38:18 PM by bacon8tr »

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2012, 10:41:43 PM »
i respect everything except vulching..

killing the drones that circle every base offline takes more skill because you actually have to destroy them outright.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2012, 11:00:41 PM »

:aok :aok I agree with corky on all of this.... you dweebs are lucky hes such a nice guy... most of you don't play by these rules...
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2012, 11:03:09 PM »
I respect anyone who gives up a fight. I can list dozens of names who can easily beat me, but one person always stands out is Latrobe, never has an advantage or disadvantage - but always sticks around to fight.
If you have bullets or gas, there's nothing to loose, you simply can't learn if you pick/vulch/fly at 30k every time.

Honestly if it wasn't for that one fight every so now and then, I'd go back to climb/pick/vulch/run like everyone else, some how I just find that one player like Latrobe who just makes it worth the $15.

Its just a game, sometimes I wonder if score actually does matter, if it does I might as well simply quit.
JG 52