Author Topic: Respect  (Read 5288 times)

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
Re: Respect
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2012, 11:03:13 PM »
Do people realize when they are accusing someone of going "Head On", that the other person is probably screaming the same thing at them???  It takes two to HO, always.  

I respect a lot of things.  It is more easily to point on what I have no respect for: running instead of fighting, spawn camping, hordes (30v1 odds are for wussys), and bomb-n-bail types are the easiest traits to pick out that I have no respect for.  
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2012, 11:07:44 PM »
If you love 1v1 adrenaline pumping fights then you got my respect.   
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 11:23:28 PM »
Respect comes with understanding that everyone has their own style of playing the game.  
- Some like to simulate WWII and fly to survive
- Some like to fly until they win or lose, even once they know they have lost.

I personally respect all the Scenario/FSO participants because there is only one life and is a completely different game than the shenanigans in the MA.  :salute

Debrody, we've had our differences, and I'm extending an olive branch here.  Let everyone fly the way they want to fly, and I'll do the same.  Btw, you should come fly FSOs--- I bet you would have a blast  :cheers:

All, this is an honest question, so please don't take it the wrong way:  There is a lot of support for the 1v1 posted here...  Why deal with all the hassle of the Main Arena where most of the people are HOing and picking and running and climbing and winging?   There seems to be plenty interested in just the 1v1s, why not just go to the DA, or create a custom arena to duel it out with each other all day?    

This is just my opinion, but it seems as if it might be easier doing this to get what you are looking for out of the game--- of course 200 would be a lot quieter :)

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2012, 11:50:40 PM »
Debrody, we've had our differences, and I'm extending an olive branch here.  Let everyone fly the way they want to fly, and I'll do the same.  Btw, you should come fly FSOs--- I bet you would have a blast  :cheers:

Deb is in Hungary, he would have to wake up at 5am to fly FSO. Which means Saturday morning for him, who in their right minds is going to wake up sober to fly a video game?

/speaking which I don't have an FSO squad, my 2 week trial has ended, any takers? :D
JG 52

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2012, 11:52:57 PM »
Respect comes with understanding that everyone has their own style of playing the game. 

I personally respect all the Scenario/FSO participants because there is only one life and is a completely different game than the shenanigans in the MA.  :salute

Debrody, we've had our differences, and I'm extending an olive branch here.  Let everyone fly the way they want to fly, and I'll do the same.  Btw, you should come fly FSOs--- I bet you would have a blast  :cheers:

All, this is an honest question, so please don't take it the wrong way:  There is a lot of support for the 1v1 posted here...  Why deal with all the hassle of the Main Arena where most of the people are HOing and picking and running and climbing and winging?   There seems to be plenty interested in just the 1v1s, why not just go to the DA, or create a custom arena to duel it out with each other all day?     

This is just my opinion, but it seems as if it might be easier doing this to get what you are looking for out of the game--- of course 200 would be a lot quieter :)

Agreed we have DA ,AVA and dog fighters club.Many complane about MA but i never see them in fso or any of the other places that are way diffrent then MA "dweeb" flying.With that said

-Those realizes it's a game and not real life.
-Those that can be competitive without being an idiot about it.   After all no one dies.  The challenge of the fight is all that matters in the end, win or lose.
-Those that ask before jumping your fight
-Those who can actually admit the other guy beat them fair and square without making excuses.
-Those that understand the game is more then just about them and that we all contribute to the fun or the lack of fun on any given day.
:aok
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 11:58:22 PM »

I personally respect all the Scenario/FSO participants because there is only one life and is a completely different game than the shenanigans in the MA.  :salute

All, this is an honest question, so please don't take it the wrong way:  There is a lot of support for the 1v1 posted here...  Why deal with all the hassle of the Main Arena where most of the people are HOing and picking and running and climbing and winging?   There seems to be plenty interested in just the 1v1s, why not just go to the DA, or create a custom arena to duel it out with each other all day?    

:rofl

what you and some call "flying style" I call running like girls......

I have not seen many say anything about only 1vs1....most said they respect those that fight ;)

running when you lose advantage is not fighting....not engaging when you don't have the upper hand is not fighting.....

but its cool you fly how you like it is your 15$ :aok

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2012, 12:02:07 AM »
:rofl

what you and some call "flying style" I call running like girls......

I have not seen many say anything about only 1vs1....most said they respect those that fight ;)
running when you lose advantage is not fighting....not engaging when you don't have the upper hand is not fighting.....
but its cool you fly how you like it is your 15$ :aok

Nothing wrong with flying at 20k and picking and running away, I used to be that way for years until I learned to sit and fight. Fact is I would open my mouth and get schooled from 99% of time, however now a days I get schooled 99% regardless, but at least i don't pick and run like before :)
JG 52

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2012, 12:40:45 AM »
One thing I will never understand is why someone will HO and then run. I mean if you are willing to die in a HO why not stay and fight.

As far as respect goes I pretty much respect all. It did get annoying tonight when I upped where there were a bunch of rooks and they just wouldn't come down to play. Had a 190 zip in on me and then his wingie zipped in on me and both went back on their perch. After a bit of that I just landed.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2012, 12:43:32 AM »
People that ask if you need help 1st when your 1 v 1.

People that are fighters at heart and that conduct their flying in a 'knightly' manner.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2012, 02:14:09 AM »
Ok Pand, look at here.

You offered a challenge in your game. I tryed to find a compromise (2v2 as you said you like winging), then you instantly called me an idiot even tho i was trying to be as polite as a drunk arse can be.
And you wonder why my 3 remaining brain cells exploded.

The BBS is full of your "look at me how awesome i am" posts or offering a challenge of beating your awesome achievement (which is completely inpossible withouth very numerous wingmen), yet you call me for chest beating?
What the hell.

After that, you come here and start talking about respect? Seriously, look into the mirror and fluffingly leave me alone.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2012, 02:24:15 AM »
What and who i respect:
-the willing to fight fair.
-those who dont run from the 1v1/2v2/5v5 when they lose their alt advantage but grow balls when they get numerous buddies.
-those who try to give the opponent some fun. Idc if i lose when you gave me a fight, let it be 1v1 or 10v10.
-anyone who is a good sportsman. Belive it or not, there are many of this kind out there.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2012, 03:59:35 AM »
I don't respect people crying for 1V1 in the MA  :D
now posting as SirNuke

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2012, 04:08:19 AM »
What is your name in game Ink so I can own you in my Typhoon :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2012, 04:38:01 AM »
Really, no one in here.....only one person and he is long gone...my dad :salute
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2012, 06:42:34 AM »
What is your name in game Ink so I can own you in my Typhoon :old:

INK performed a spinning flying backkick on my dora and move it several feet sideways! I managed to land but then noticed an angry man with an axe approaching my plane! Thankfully I managed to restart the engine and escape!