Author Topic: Respect  (Read 5256 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Re: Respect
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2012, 07:13:54 AM »
Some really good feedback in this thread - I agree with most of it.  :aok

I enjoy flying attempting to use Oswald Boelcke's rules of engagement to the letter (that is my "hangup").  In this game that can seem cold.  I do enjoy mixing it up and learning from the experience but we have to respect that each person paying their monthly $ may not fly the way we think they should.  :old:

Latrobe, Greebo and many others fly with such class.

I wish there was an option to indicate to the enemy that one is AFK.    Some may exploit this but I would choose not to shoot them down.  I noticed also that most of my deaths come from being AFK.  This is just a preference.  If I get killed AFK it is my fault.
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2012, 09:46:35 AM »
Ok Pand, look at here.

The BBS is full of your "look at me how awesome i am" posts or offering a challenge of beating your awesome achievement (which is completely inpossible withouth very numerous wingmen), yet you call me for chest beating?
What the hell.
For reference, I had utilized one wingman throughout my fighter scored sorties this tour.

I am afraid you have the sequence of events backwards.  Many of the "honorable fighters" of Aces High have repeatedly stated that my flying style is easy.  In defense of such claims, I offered up a challenge, giving each of the "honorable fighters" a chance to prove how easy it actually is, while adhering to the mid war aircraft/pick and run time limit.  Unfortunately, except for only a few that have stepped up, all have excuses why they can't participate. 

Outside of scoring a victory on one of these "honorable fighters" in the MA (not fighting their fight), I have never provoked or stated that I am a better pilot or more advanced in ACM than any of them.  These are the pilots that are quick to reject my challenge, but then immediately challenge me to a duel.  I am confident that most, if not all of you would win/have already won.  While I have been training for one type of fight, you have been training for another.

:salute

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2012, 09:57:08 AM »
I respect those that fly and keep the drama to a minimum.  My short time in AH has seen more Jersey Shore moments than I care to admit, most of which had nothing to do with me directly.  Good natured ribbing on 200 aside, there are those in this game (as in real life) that can't seem to go more than a day without complaining, starting a fight, or getting wrapped up in some sort of crisis.  As much as I like this game and have always been a WWII aviation buff, if I ever quit this game, that will probably be why.

For real guys -- enjoy the game.   :cheers:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2012, 10:02:46 AM »
I respect people who could chest thump, but don't.  People who chest thump undeservedly actively tick me off.

As far as what I respect in my opponents, my desires are simple.  All I want out of my opponents is a maximum effort to kill me without dying themselves using whatever means they have at their disposal, as that's exactly what I'm giving them.

Triton- Two things can greatly improve the drama level.  Use .squelch often and immediately if you know it's one of the people who irks you.  Second, when a large group really gets going on 200, turn 200 off.  It works extremely well for me.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2012, 10:25:18 AM »
 :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

i hate smileys but couldn't resist this time
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 10:52:42 AM »
I respect those who talk less and fight more. :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 11:06:59 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

You let him down bro :uhoh
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline warhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2012, 11:10:30 AM »
I mean bruh
warhed
=Wings of Terror=

"Give me sheep, or give me death!"

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2012, 12:21:47 PM »
What is your name in game Ink so I can own you in my Typhoon :old:

JETSOM......we can DA your typh against my KI anytime you want.

INK performed a spinning flying backkick on my dora and move it several feet sideways! I managed to land but then noticed an angry man with an axe approaching my plane! Thankfully I managed to restart the engine and escape!

:rofl

:aok

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2012, 12:31:32 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Ah, the pull up HOram like a 2 week noob, wtg there nath.  :uhoh
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2012, 12:33:36 PM »
For reference, I had utilized one wingman throughout my fighter scored sorties this tour.

I am afraid you have the sequence of events backwards.  Many of the "honorable fighters" of Aces High have repeatedly stated that my flying style is easy.  In defense of such claims, I offered up a challenge, giving each of the "honorable fighters" a chance to prove how easy it actually is, while adhering to the mid war aircraft/pick and run time limit.  Unfortunately, except for only a few that have stepped up, all have excuses why they can't participate. 

Outside of scoring a victory on one of these "honorable fighters" in the MA (not fighting their fight), I have never provoked or stated that I am a better pilot or more advanced in ACM than any of them.  These are the pilots that are quick to reject my challenge, but then immediately challenge me to a duel.  I am confident that most, if not all of you would win/have already won.  While I have been training for one type of fight, you have been training for another.

Your challenge to be met fairly is a time limit of 10 years flying P51's  :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2012, 12:41:02 PM »
JETSOM......we can DA your typh against my KI anytime you want.

When I have finished my ironing I will meet you there :old:

I owned Pervert in my Typhoon the other day and he cannot deny it, I am poo as well :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2012, 12:51:16 PM »
Your challenge to be met fairly is a time limit of 10 years flying P51's  :D
I'm not going to say I disagree  :lol   

I want a rematch in the DA with you... enjoyed it last time! :salute

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2012, 01:10:20 PM »
If you don't kill me AFK and I come back to find you flying formation off my level K4, I respect you, JETSOM did that yesterday  :lol
If you see me already in a 1v1, or a 2v1, or a 3v1, and you stay out of break off, I respect you. I think you did that earlier D
If I kill you and you're a good sport about it, and don't go raging at me, and visa versa if you kill me and don't go on an ego trip etc. I respect you.

A few other things as well but that's the basic run down for me  :cheers:

and you follow that rule every time  :rofl.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2012, 01:12:04 PM »
When I have finished my ironing I will meet you there :old:

I owned Pervert in my Typhoon the other day and he cannot deny it, I am poo as well :old:

you really don't think that typh stands a chance against my KI in a even E/ALT 1vs1 do ya :headscratch:

I can never tell if you are being serious or not......