Author Topic: How to perk points work  (Read 629 times)

Offline bmused55

• Zinc Member
How to perk points work
« on: October 31, 2012, 05:28:10 AM »
Ok, I'm confused.

I just this second completed a successful bombing run scoring 11288 damage in Lanc IIIs. Suffered no losses, landed back without a scratch, no drone loss. Took out lot of town and two fighter hangers.
Before I took off, I had a perk bonus of 1.24  (I'm new here, hence low number).  Stats say I earned 2.47 on last sortie.
However, perk bonus now displays as 0.83. 

So, I've lost perks for not dying?  :huh

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Re: How to perk points work
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 05:32:05 AM »
Stats say I earned 2.47 on last sortie.
However, perk bonus now displays as 0.83. 

You earned perks.  Each countries # of players determines the bonus.  If your side is badly out numbered, the bonus will be a +.  If your side has the most, then your perk earning ability is discounted.

Offline bmused55

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 05:40:52 AM »
Ah, see now that makes sense  :D

Cheers!

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2012, 06:54:35 PM »
Also, the less "perky" the plane, the more perk points you get for a successful mission. I'm not sure how the points are tabulated either, but I get lots more points in lesser bombers than when I fly Lancs because their ENYs are higher.

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2012, 02:48:08 PM »
Also, the less "perky" the plane, the more perk points you get for a successful mission. I'm not sure how the points are tabulated either, but I get lots more points in lesser bombers than when I fly Lancs because their ENYs are higher.
The aircraft's OBJ rating determines perk points for destroying buildings.  ENY rating determines perk points for destroying enemy units.  Due to its large bomb load the Lancaster has a low OBJ rating and thus is not a good perk earner.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline texasfighter

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2012, 10:09:19 PM »
Why is it that I never see my points increase when I get a GV kill? Granted, much of the time I get killed before I can "land" them. But the other day I had two kills, landed and still no increase. It's a real good thing I have managed to shot down or get an assist on 3 or 4 bombers. Otherwise I would never have any points.

Also, what is the expectation when you are fighting defense of a base but the other side takes it? Tonight I was at the flag of the town of a base in my Panzer H. I killed a wirbel, tried to kill the troops with my machine gun but apparently failed to kill enough, then killed a Panzer that rolled in (don't know whether that was before or after the troops took the base). I'm informed by a fellow Knight that I failed to kill enough troops so base was theirs. I am by myself cause my fellow Knight tank got killed rolling in to the town. So am I expected to fight my way out and drive 10 K back to a friendly base? Really? I towered out... someone else got the kill on me and I lost my kills. This is the second time this type of thing has happened to me. The last time I drove about 5 k away from the base but was still "captured." This is real frustrating. There should be some kind of big perk increase for fighting against overwhelming odds. Otherwise the smart thing to do when the odds are overwhelming is to turn around, run back to the base and tower out as fast as you can. Seems like the game promotes cowardice.

"If you wanted a glamor picture to send home you sat in a Mustang, when you wanted to come back from a mission you sat in a Thunderbolt."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2012, 10:18:53 PM »
You only have to shoot 1 trooper, unless they drop a couple loads of troops. Then you have to kill enough that no more than 9 troopers make it in.

Perks depend on the type of tank/plane you use to kill other tanks/planes. Killing with better equipment means you get less perks. Killing with weaker equipment means you get more perks.

Points are a whole different thing. Are you checking your points in game or on the webpage? I think all points and perks are updated real time, but ranks are updated once a day. Even if you get killed and you killed a tank or two you do get points, just not as many.

Also, you don't have to drive all the way to a base to "land". As long as your out of icon view I think you get a land with out giving up a death.

oh, and what is your in game name?

Offline texasfighter

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2012, 10:58:37 PM »
Tex78

I never had the troops drop on top of me like that before. I think I probably should have used the machine gun in the tank and not the pintle gun. But it was happening fast ... I actually was shooting while driving up until the last few seconds.

I have only used two types of tanks: Panzer H or the T34/85. I didn't know there was a way to check points on the webpage. Where do you go to do that?

So what do you do when they capture the base? Drive away while the auto guns are pinging you and hope to survive long enough to get outside icon range? I still don't understand why I was captured the other day. I drove a long time away from the captured base. At least 5 k. When I stopped I listened but did not hear any vehicles chasing me. I did note that the island I was on had only enemy bases at that time ... Rook I think but not sure. It was a large island with three bases.
Tex as in Tex78

"If you wanted a glamor picture to send home you sat in a Mustang, when you wanted to come back from a mission you sat in a Thunderbolt."

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 11:08:09 PM »
You can land a GV anywhere but have to be at least 6K away from any enemy to get a successful landing otherwise it's a capture.  Evidently there was an enemy within 6K of you when you ended your sortie.

The only other caviat is if you're already on a friendly base you have to land on concrete otherwise it's a ditch.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 11:09:46 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.