Author Topic: Why I still want to HO  (Read 7948 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: Why I still want to HO
« Reply #165 on: November 29, 2012, 11:14:51 AM »
The amount of fun I had in the MA this tour was worth $1. The other $14 worth was a 30 minute dueling session with ink and H0ST in the DA.

...Which makes me curious, if you're looking for duels, why are you in the MA?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: November 29, 2012, 11:24:14 AM »
...Which makes me curious, if you're looking for duels, why are you in the MA?

Wiley.

Because that's where 90% of the players are? That's also where the people I talk to are? And I don't know if you've noticed, go into the DA by yourself and into the furball lake. Half the people there don't know what a Immelmann is. The other half is flying Tempests and F4U4s and La-7s.

If I'm looking for duels, I ask for one over 200 and anyone who answers it goes to the dueling fields in the DA with me for 15-30 minutes. If youve been on 200 at all for the past year, you would know I offer DA matches almost every week.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #167 on: November 29, 2012, 11:27:27 AM »
"If you want a fight and combat, why are you playing an air combat game?  hmm? You stupido, dont you know this game is not about actual fighting, its about getting kills, doesnt matter how? Dont you know that all the red guys are rotten evil bastages who dont deserve anything else but get hoed or ganged? You want a fight? What the hell are you doing in the MA? Go to the DA, the furball lake is even worse tho, but idc, at least i have one more way to demonstrate my intellectual superiority over you and the "goodfite-honor-horselemon" tards. ACM? What the bloody hell is ACM? I dont need any ACM as i got 31 squaddies to clear my six when i am in trouble.
Behold: me! I am awesome and i dont give a damn about your opinion!"
AoM
City of ice

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #168 on: November 29, 2012, 01:43:09 PM »
Because that's where 90% of the players are? That's also where the people I talk to are? And I don't know if you've noticed, go into the DA by yourself and into the furball lake. Half the people there don't know what a Immelmann is. The other half is flying Tempests and F4U4s and La-7s.

That doesn't answer my question.  Why are you expecting to find duels in the MA?  That's not what it's geared towards.  It's a sandbox.

If I'm looking for duels, I ask for one over 200 and anyone who answers it goes to the dueling fields in the DA with me for 15-30 minutes. If youve been on 200 at all for the past year, you would know I offer DA matches almost every week.

Great!  I'm glad you're able to find like-minded people.  Doesn't change the fact that no matter how hard you wish for it, the MA is not there to provide you with a series of 1v1 duels while all the other people in the area hover overhead going 'Fight!  Fight!  Fight!'

You are not Chuck Norris.  In the MA, people are not going to line up and come at you one at a time in a series of 1v1 fair fights.  It's side based combat where the only thing stopping people from doing stuff is what is possible in the code, and what isn't.  Why are you expecting otherwise?

Wiley.

JG11

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #169 on: November 29, 2012, 01:51:14 PM »
That doesn't answer my question.  Why are you expecting to find duels in the MA?  That's not what it's geared towards.  It's a sandbox.

Great!  I'm glad you're able to find like-minded people.  Doesn't change the fact that no matter how hard you wish for it, the MA is not there to provide you with a series of 1v1 duels while all the other people in the area hover overhead going 'Fight!  Fight!  Fight!'

You are not Chuck Norris.  In the MA, people are not going to line up and come at you one at a time in a series of 1v1 fair fights.  It's side based combat where the only thing stopping people from doing stuff is what is possible in the code, and what isn't.  Why are you expecting otherwise?

Wiley.

I don't expect it, I however, feel that I *should*, seeing as how this is a *combat* flight simulator. HO? Fine, it practices your gunnery and maybe one day you'll be a better pilot. Pick? Fine, it makes you learn E states and how to manuver at high speeds. But run? Why? Why are you even playing this game if all you do is run like a little cat at the first sign of trouble? Applies for bomb n bailers too.

semp

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #170 on: November 29, 2012, 01:56:55 PM »
I don't expect it, I however, feel that I *should*, seeing as how this is a *combat* flight simulator. HO? Fine, it practices your gunnery and maybe one day you'll be a better pilot. Pick? Fine, it makes you learn E states and how to manuver at high speeds. But run? Why? Why are you even playing this game if all you do is run like a little cat at the first sign of trouble? Applies for bomb n bailers too.
I agree with everything exxept the runners.  It is  just dumb to expect a 190 to want to turn fight you in a k4, only way that figth happens is if the 190 has all the advantages. if not  its runtime.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: November 29, 2012, 02:32:35 PM »
Because you're really going to get better if all you do is fight fights in your favors.   :joystick:

Even more baffling is when people run from a plane they KNOW they can't out run from. Then die as I slowly close on their 6. Why not just fight it out, you have a better chance than just flying in a straight line.  :headscratch:

semp

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #172 on: November 29, 2012, 02:52:15 PM »
But run? Why? Why are you even playing this game if all you do is run like a little cat at the first sign of trouble? Applies for bomb n bailers too.

First of all, define 'running'.  Are you and he the only two planes for a sector in every direction, or are there 4 or 5 green planes headed your way?  If I see enemy numbers headed my way and I don't think I'm going to be able to finish you in time, I'm probably going to bug out if I'm able.  Sorry if that offends you.

What you seem to be expecting is once battle is joined, the enemy should be committed to killing you or dying.  There is a third option.  If you're about to kill them and they're in a faster plane, why should they not use the speed?

Why do you want your enemies to do anything less than their best to kill you and keep you from killing them?  If we get into a fight and I'm limiting myself to half throttle on my plane and you kill me, is that going to feel as good as if I threw everything I had at you, and you killed me?  I think not.

If someone kills me, it's because they overcame everything I had to use against them at that moment, and it wasn't enough.  Everybody should expect the same out of their opponents.

Because you're really going to get better if all you do is fight fights in your favors.   :joystick

If you find yourself in a fair fight, you did not prepare adequately.

Get better at what?  Fighting from the bottom?  You're right.  You get better at something by doing it.  Guys that have refined fighting with advantage get better at fighting from advantage.  Guys that have refined fighting from the bottom get better at fighting from the bottom.  Guys that HO all the time get better at HOing.  I've seen some truly refined HOs in this game. 

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: November 29, 2012, 03:21:30 PM »
Because you're really going to get better if all you do is fight fights in your favors.   :joystick:

Even more baffling is when people run from a plane they KNOW they can't out run from. Then die as I slowly close on their 6. Why not just fight it out, you have a better chance than just flying in a straight line.  :headscratch:
Why worry about it in the first place play YOUR game. there are plenty of figths to be found.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #174 on: December 02, 2012, 08:27:48 AM »
I'll run from a plane that can catch me if there is more than one.

One will always turn back.

Once alone, it's time to fight.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #175 on: December 02, 2012, 11:17:27 AM »
I'll run from a plane that can catch me if there is more than one.

One will always turn back.

Once alone, it's time to fight.

:lol

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #176 on: December 03, 2012, 02:32:07 AM »
 :rofl
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario