Author Topic: Why I still want to HO  (Read 7964 times)

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
Re: Why I still want to HO
« Reply #135 on: November 28, 2012, 01:20:48 PM »
Owning Tilt,Klingan and Eatg of The Few has no glimmer of honour :old:

Only a warm feeling inside :old:

Many years ago I was stuck in some cod forsaken country installing some plant with just a chess set for evening entertainment. Every evening I used to play the same guy at chess and beat him. Every evening he came back for more...........

He said on one occasion "I know your better than me... But one of these games I am going to beat you, and when I do it will be worth more to me than all your victories mean to you...... And when you lose that loss will be worse to you than all my losses mean to me."

And after some weeks he did beat me......... And although I never admitted it to him.................. He was right.

<S> Zack1234
Ludere Vincere

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #136 on: November 28, 2012, 01:25:19 PM »
I love you Tilt  :)

Chess is poo by the way :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #137 on: November 28, 2012, 01:27:07 PM »
I think if two planes are flying toward each other and one only turns slightly away then that one is pretty dumb. If you wish to refuse the HO then to assume the enemy will not take a gift shot is pretty dumb. We can refuse the HO without presenting these gifts.

If two planes fly toward each other and either one chooses to fire at the others 12 then it's a HO IMO. If you wish to evade the HO then you have no right to presume your opponent should do like wise.
I know that i am dumb, still, i rather stay dumb instead of become a hoing beyotch.
Its all about personal happyness.
AoM
City of ice

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #138 on: November 28, 2012, 01:29:54 PM »
Happyness?

You always seem to be anoyed to me :old:

The GFC

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #139 on: November 28, 2012, 01:35:07 PM »
Happyness?

You always seem to be anoyed to me :old:

it's because he flies German planes and the seats are very uncomfortable for the posterior :old:
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: November 28, 2012, 01:39:02 PM »
my word :old:

The GFC

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: November 28, 2012, 01:40:09 PM »
He said on one occasion "I know your better than me... But one of these games I am going to beat you, and when I do it will be worth more to me than all your victories mean to you...... And when you lose that loss will be worse to you than all my losses mean to me."

It was Midway, wasn't it?

it's because he flies German planes and the seats are very uncomfortable for the posterior :old:

And they smell of sausages  :old:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #142 on: November 28, 2012, 01:43:26 PM »
hehe coombzy now that was funny

chill Zack, you will exactly know when i get annoyed.  ;)
AoM
City of ice

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #143 on: November 28, 2012, 01:50:24 PM »
I've had some great times getting my oscar handed to me by Debrody, and enjoyed EVERY moment of it, because he understands that a game is more about the competition than the "victory". HOers and their ilk are just like mosquitoes...you know that somehow they have a purpose on this earth, but you're not quite sure what it is...so you just swat the hell out of them and forget them.....
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: November 28, 2012, 01:52:07 PM »
I want to kill you, then fly away in a plane that is not crippled so I can kill someone else and fly away in a plane that is not crippled so I can kill someone else and fly away in a plane that is not crippled so I can kill someone else and fly away in a plane that is not crippled so I can kill someone else and fly away in a plane that is not crippled so I can kill someone else and fly away in a plane that is not crippled so I can kill someone else and fly away in a plane that is not crippled so I can kill someone else and fly away in a plane that is not crippled so I can kill someone else and fly away in a plane that is not crippled ... ad infinitum ...

Ho'ing precludes any real possibility of doing this, so I do not ho, I do not allow you to ho.  If you have ho'd me it is because I have made a mistake.  I do make mistakes, I do get ho'd, then I learn from that and get better at not giving you a ho shot the next time.  If I make a mistake and give you a HO shot, then I also have a HO shot and I will sometimes fire, not everytime, sometimes.  Most of the time I will kill you because you Ho'd and my aim is better, then I will PM you with normally a "How did that HO work out for you ?" or my favorite, "Live by the HO, Die by the HO:)".

Ho'ing is cheap and weak.  It makes you cheap and weak.  It's obvious that those who HO all the time and defend their actions don't care about how I feel about the HO.  I don't care how you feel about my opinion on those who HO.  See, we're even.  You don't care and I don't care, but I think I'm better than you because of it.

Any questions ?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #145 on: November 28, 2012, 01:52:48 PM »
Just one Zoney - where can I get one of these cheap hos you mention?
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: November 28, 2012, 01:58:51 PM »
I considered PMing you Levi/H0ST, but what would be the point, it'll end up as a screenshot and on here anyway.

Like Nath, I'm sure a private message to you will probably end up public. Trust in you to honour the word Private could be misplaced, the re-emergence of that screenie affirms my initial thoughts.

Anyway, you can keep passing that screenshot around freely, I don't believe it shows myself in a bad light. I stand firm by that PM completely, it was a disappointment to be pull up HO'd making the conversations about nath's ACM prowess to go into the Myth catagory for me. With his experience he should know better to pull such an inconceivable move for the veteran flyer.

I find that you were very sudden to jump to conclusions about my post pointing to Nath's words, using the word argument when there wasn't one. I didn't once mention that Nath himself could only be taken at face value, only his post in the way it was posted. Without evidence in the thread I wasn't going to make an assumption he was joking or being sarcastic, because that would've been foolish. The fact of the matter is, that his words are there and when read with a flat tone are not leaning towards sarcasm or joking. The invention of emoticons/smilies are there to help do that  :) .

On a side note; [Sarcasm]BnZing the Cherry Pickers, was unpleasurable. It's unfortunate I tweeked a nerve. [/sarcasm]

Respectfully

Dolby
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #147 on: November 28, 2012, 02:03:42 PM »
hehe coombzy now that was funny

chill Zack, you will exactly know when i get annoyed.  ;)

I love you as well  :)

The GFC

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: November 28, 2012, 02:08:44 PM »
I wanna know what Wilbur was going on about in that screenshot. Honor is a video game is completely unrealistic just like logics in a forum,  hell you cant even make a joke with out this community losing its mind so how Can you expect honor? Take the shot, but be ready to accept the consequences.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 02:11:25 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #149 on: November 28, 2012, 02:10:39 PM »
Just one Zoney - where can I get one of these cheap hos you mention?

On the corner of Hollywood and Vine.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song