Author Topic: Apology to the Allied side.  (Read 3374 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
Re: Apology to the Allied side.
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2012, 10:28:36 PM »
I'd like to thank Surfinn for taking this issue with 'Luft' guys into the Main Arena.

Hours of snipes, provocations and spitefulness is really winning us over to his high ground.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2012, 10:34:23 PM »
I'd like to thank Surfinn for taking this issue with 'Luft' guys into the Main Arena.

Hours of snipes, provocations and spitefulness is really winning us over to his high ground.

Surfinn is the allies super hero. Like a Captain America of sorts.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2012, 10:43:30 PM »
Surfinn is the allies super hero. Like a Captain America of sorts.
More like Aquaman.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: November 19, 2012, 08:06:31 AM »
Nothing to do with allied or axis sides, separate issue. Shifty apologized to the axis and many have understood his mistake for what it was, a mistake, not the grand axis agenda

Not to be rude or anything, but the apology is to the Allied side...

...and we still found the CV and sunk it. 

Soooooo......  Realistically, the apology, though sincere, was really a minor thing and not a big deal at all.  I don't really see a need to "accept" his apology as an acceptance isn't truly warranted.  Understanding what happened and accepting it for what it is, a simple mistake not really worthy of a very long thread is all I think it is.  Shifty did the right thing and good on him for manning up. 

I do think though, that anyone that flamed in here on this thread should apologize, shake hands and go to their corners and prepare for the other rounds in the MAs and in FSO! 

:cheers: 
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #79 on: November 19, 2012, 05:16:50 PM »
shake hands and go to their corners and prepare for the other rounds in the MAs and in FSO! 

Good advice SlipKnt.  :aok

Guys that stood up for me, I really appreciate it. Guys that are unhappy with my mistake, I understand and will do my best not to make the same mistake again. I was hoping this thread would die off, but it seems to keep rising up from the dead. Let it die folks this thing is getting personal and I'd like to point out the people fighting with each other didn't make the mistake I did. Let's not turn this into something else. Especially and Axis Allied thing. We need strong Axis and strong Allied pilots to make the FSO work. Fight in the arena where it counts, nothing counts in a BBS purse fight and nothing ever gets settled. One reason the FSO always worked was the two sides Axis and Allied had a mutual respect for each other. That seems to be slipping away lately. That would be a bad development for FSO. Two strong sides with mutual respect for each other and even cooperation with each other are way more important to the FSO than CMs, Points, or Misplaced Shipping. This bowl is full guys flush it and forget it.  :salute

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2012, 06:10:27 PM »
You are right Shifty but you have to admit that while flushing if a couple of the dou'ches were to go down the drain too the FSO would be better off.  :aok
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Halo46

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2012, 11:23:41 PM »
Not to be rude or anything, but the apology is to the Allied side...

...and we still found the CV and sunk it. 

Soooooo......  Realistically, the apology, though sincere, was really a minor thing and not a big deal at all.  I don't really see a need to "accept" his apology as an acceptance isn't truly warranted.  Understanding what happened and accepting it for what it is, a simple mistake not really worthy of a very long thread is all I think it is.  Shifty did the right thing and good on him for manning up. 

I do think though, that anyone that flamed in here on this thread should apologize, shake hands and go to their corners and prepare for the other rounds in the MAs and in FSO! 

:cheers: 

Thanks for the correction, my bad... Allied or axis is a null point, that's what is so funny, everyone has to fly one side and the other at times regardless. He is grasping at straws to deflect the heat from the real issue. I will abide by your wishes Shifty, no more from me. <S>

Used to fly as Halo46, GRHalo, Hobo and Punk at the end.

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2012, 12:23:32 AM »
Since you didn't fly in the event there should have been nothing from you in the first place.

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2012, 08:14:50 PM »
Guys,

The screwup on the location of the Tirpitz TF was completely my fault. I meant for it to be in the 10.13 grid and that is where I showed it on the Allied Objective map. Somehow I placed it at 10.12 grid on the Axis objective map. I matched the maps and reviewed them before sending and somehow missed the mistake and there is no excuse for it. The setup team used the Axis map for the position of the Tirpitz during setup of the arena. The fault lies completely with me not them.  You players deserve a better product than that and all I can offer is an apology.

:salute

Takes a lot of class to take responsibility for an error.  :salute Shifty
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: November 27, 2012, 08:15:09 AM »
I hate I missed this thread.  :bhead

Looks like it was a lot of fun. Hope everyone learned that drama is not always created by dweeb. It will always exist.  :old:
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline surfinn

• Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: November 27, 2012, 12:35:37 PM »
 :rofl I was wondering where you were perd. hope everything is ok with you :cheers: