Author Topic: Literally going Cyborg  (Read 1337 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Literally going Cyborg
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 08:00:20 PM »
Congrats to you sir!!!!!  Now for the horrible truths of sound in-game:

Do not listen to:

Shawks voice --turns my gf on when she hears him, that's why i swithced to knights no more interruptions
AKpepprr's voice (you wont be able to concentrate)  I just close my eyes and daydream
HiTech's check 6  i have a custom made check six.  i get killed also daydreaming.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 03:15:13 PM »
Edit:Bad Zoney, bad.

Must have been a comment about Pepprr....  :bolt:
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 03:43:37 PM »
Scary stuff bro, give us a shout-out when you get the occular upgrade as well  :lol

I had occular implants done,I all but quit flying between 01 and 03 because I was legally blind!

They took my driving privilages from me until I got my implants.I can now see again and drive also,it was a long process as they only do 1 eye at a time but I can tell you it was life changing for me.

My wife has a friend with cochlear implants and it was life changing for her as well. Blag,good luck and when you get all setup let us know what you think about it all!

:salute

Offline Blagard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2012, 06:48:33 PM »
Having been "switched on" now for some six months I can hear speech again, but of course, it is not a natural sound. I can either wire directly into the PC or use headphones, there is very little difference as my sound processor does a good job either way. I actually pick up the check six calls now and hear (understand) some of what is being said on VOX. The residual natural hearing I had before the implant was destroyed, but this was to be expected.

What was interesting was the lag! - When you first hear your own voice via the implant it kind of throws you because there is a tiny lag that takes a day or two to get used to. The weird lag sensation soon disappears after the old grey cells learn to accommodate it. Rather like, but not as bad as the visual lag on AH. I have never really got used to that. I still get shot down when I am convinced that guy on my six has no aiming lead  :frown:

While electronic sound is no substitute for natural hearing it is definately better than none.  :aok All I need now is time to fly on line more frequently

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2012, 06:50:29 PM »
Congrats! I'm glad it's working out for you! <S>

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2012, 08:07:58 PM »
I have two nieces who are 100% deaf.  Both have a single cochlear implant and neither need sign language or lip reading.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Condor11

• Copper Member
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2012, 11:16:17 PM »
Thats pretty awesome. Best of luck with it sir!  :salute
In game: CoverNow
Formerly : Condor
"If you cannot respect the forum posting rules, do not expect to get a twinkie for it."-Skuzzy

***Alchemists***

Offline Sg11

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2012, 04:44:09 PM »

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.