Author Topic: Carrier control  (Read 533 times)

Offline CSI147

• Zinc Member
Carrier control
« on: November 02, 2012, 03:55:11 PM »
I've noticed that when I tried to turn or change a carrier course that did not have someone listed and commanding it, I could not.  I could do it with other carriers.  It was heading away from the action and was needed for assistance for a base nearby. When I asked about having it turned back to assist that base I was told by a member that he had control and did not want it used. He wasn't involved in the base fight or was using the carrier.  It did not show him as in command of it and the said he wanted to render it useless because he was upset about something.  It remained out of service for use until he logged off.   How is this possible and can this be overcome?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 03:57:23 PM by CSI147 »

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Carrier control
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 05:28:40 PM »
  You may need to refresh the clipboard to show that someone has taken control.

It may not have shown because the clipboard hadnt updated yet.

As for control and how it works,it's based on rank and the player with the highest rank,ie lowest number, can take control.  If a player takes control and doesnt use the CV the way you'd like you can either find another player with a higher rank and ask them to take over control or go find something else to do.

The other altenative is to acheive a high rank yourself and then you can control any CV at anytime you like.

:salute

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 06:10:56 PM »
How does one go about refreshing the keyboard?
See Rule #4

Offline CSI147

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 06:11:48 PM »
OK thanks.  If a player is purposely taking the carrier out of action isn't that cheating?

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2012, 06:37:35 PM »
How does one go about refreshing the keyboard?

I meant refresh the clipboard map,if you have it open it may not update to show everything ATM.

To the OP if you have an issue with this you're best off to contact HTC. Send any film you might have and a short explaination of your issue and let them decide.

The use of the "C" word is frowned upon and it's always best to take up any alligations with HTC themselves.

:salute

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 09:21:03 AM »
OK thanks.  If a player is purposely taking the carrier out of action isn't that cheating?
Nope.  Unfortunately some people don't like the carriers to be in use because if they are in use they can be lost.  If the Bishops have control of Port 123 and its carrier but are worried about losing Port 123 some players hide the carrier so that if the Knights capture Port 123 they don't get the carrier.  The Bishop carrier tied to Port 123 would need to be destroyed before Port 123 will spawn a carrier group for the Knights.

While many dislike it, it is a privilege of rank to do so.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline diaster

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 10:51:52 AM »
It is one thing to send a carrier to a safe place, or have them swap bases so as to confuse the enemy as which TF it is, and another to take control and then go do something else. The other night someone had control and wouldn't answer up (afk?) or change course and a set of lancs destroyed it. I saw it flashing and jump in the guns and got one lanc. There should be a timer set on it so that if after 10 minutes of inactivity, the command is abandoned.
As to hiding it...sad, I wonder how often shades take a carrier out of commission prior to a base take. Not to mention how a set of buffs up from three sectors away and fly straight to it nowhere near a port!!
"Harden The F_ck Up”

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2012, 04:14:52 PM »
I doubt shades often have good enough rank to take control of a CV.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline CSI147

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2012, 06:45:40 PM »
Sorry I wont use the C word.  However the person controlling it specifically stated he didn't wish to relinquish control because he was upset with his own side for not wanting him.  It was not a strategic move but rather inappropriate behavior to say the least.  The base north of the carrier needed assistance but he sent it south away to friendly waters despite request to turn it back to help.  That person has since gone to the other side.  Go figure.

Keep you six clear and your fuel and ammo plentiful.

Cheers.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, 08:57:06 AM »
Sorry I wont use the C word.  However the person controlling it specifically stated he didn't wish to relinquish control because he was upset with his own side for not wanting him.  It was not a strategic move but rather inappropriate behavior to say the least.  The base north of the carrier needed assistance but he sent it south away to friendly waters despite request to turn it back to help.  That person has since gone to the other side.  Go figure.

Keep you six clear and your fuel and ammo plentiful.

Cheers.

There is a a "Report Player" feature in the clip board. When you report the player HTC will have the information from the logs as to what happened. Who had control of the CV, and the text of them saying why they were being an A-hole. After that it is up to HTC to take care of the issue.

While using the "report Player" function seems like ratting on someone it IS one of the few ways that the arenas can be policed, and is the preferred method. Bringing it here only stirs up trouble and then I have to make a cartoon about it  :devil

Offline texasfighter

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, 10:19:01 AM »
My quesion is a wider one. I participated in the country warfare in the LWA for about a week straight. I am taking a break right now since I have to spend some time setting up and getting use to my new CH equipment. How do you find out who the generals are in a country? Or is that just a metaphor for players who think they should be in charge but really aren't? Is it really just the more active squadrons that tend to control things?

For instance: if I discover the location of an enemy carrier I can send out a "country" message to that effect. But if I get no response, then what? Is there someone(s) I can send a pm to that might deal with it? If a jerk is doing what the original post describes, can I contact a general to let them know? If none of those, how about just someone who is generally acknowledged to be very active and effective that I could on a particular day ask how I might be of most help? From my very limited perspective, it seemed like the Bish and Rooks were more organized than us Knights, most of the time. (Maybe it was just because we were outnumbered most of the time.)

Ok, Morf, I know what you are going to say. "Do you really want to get involved in that insanity?"  :x

"If you wanted a glamor picture to send home you sat in a Mustang, when you wanted to come back from a mission you sat in a Thunderbolt."

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, 10:36:36 AM »
There are no real generals, only those that think they are.

In the MA it is pretty much a free for all. You can find any type of fighting your looking for. Win the war, single fighter looking for a fight, buffs running milk runs, buffs running in groups and so on. Some of the larger squads will run missions, and there are a number of players who log on and seem to get the whole team running in the same direction.

So go ahead and call out those CV sitings, or in coming buffs. Those looking for the info will appreciate it. 

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2012, 01:08:04 PM »
There are no real generals, only those that think they are.

In the MA it is pretty much a free for all. You can find any type of fighting your looking for. Win the war, single fighter looking for a fight, buffs running milk runs, buffs running in groups and so on. Some of the larger squads will run missions, and there are a number of players who log on and seem to get the whole team running in the same direction.

So go ahead and call out those CV sitings, or in coming buffs. Those looking for the info will appreciate it. 
:aok

Offline CSI147

• Zinc Member
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2012, 03:44:54 PM »
Didn't know about the report player in the clip board.  I'll have to look.  I did send an email explaining what took place.  Thanks.