Author Topic: Me163b Wing Breaking on Landing  (Read 304 times)

Offline doright

• Nickel Member
Me163b Wing Breaking on Landing
« on: November 14, 2012, 11:28:47 AM »
I've repeatedly have had the problem of the left wing of Me163b breaking off after landing roll out. I fly a pattern, full flaps on final and touchdown lightly nose high. Usually very smooth landing followed by the resonating screech of metal skid on concrete so reminiscence of the time I spent flying Schweizer sailplanes. I maintain a level attitude until almost to a stop when one wing drops and contacts the runway, also very like flying a sailplane. Invariably, though, if it is the left wing that drops it breaks off and the Komet goes spastic trying to find a new stable position. the right wing never seems to break. Kind of annoying, after a good approach and landing to be spastically waving your right wing at everybody.

Is the left wing understrength? If it is understrength does that mean the left wing is also breaking too easily from battle damage?

Happily all this also means I've repeatedly gotten to fly and land the Komet. The new strats system really has made it useful on top of being a sweet flying fun aircraft.
Armaments 3:9 "Fireth thee not in their forward quarters lest thee be beset by 200 imps and be naughty in their sight."