Author Topic: Rounds going through tanks II  (Read 1100 times)

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
Re: Rounds going through tanks II
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2012, 02:56:47 AM »
My summation is 2 things one panzer h and p have a thick plate in front hull (aim high or lower and they die right away). 2 if round goes through and it doesn't die u didn't hit anything important. Also have u posted a vid in "bugs" I know you may think that it only hides prob from gen. Public but players do look at that thread and see if thy have same prob and will join your complaint. You can try offline and record it for submission to make duplication easier. Hope this helps. Personally I've bounced plenty of panther ap rounds off that thick plate on the front of panzer h's even at rather close range. I little up or down kills them easy.

Offline DR7

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2012, 08:21:51 AM »
Sorry to say but, I see this all the time.  Not rounds going through a tank.  But players jumping on an excuse.  On the problem of rounds going through a tank I can say I may have seen this happen once.  Well, that was my excuse on missing a shot.  With the amount of shots I take if a problem exist it would have been noticed.  This one I have not noticed.

Let me post a probabilite.  The following is just projection on my part.  Here we go, try to stay with me on this.  Players with lower overall ranks are harder to kill than a player with a higher overall rank.  Not just the skill repersented by being a low rank, say under 400 but built into the code.  Such a rank is given a slightly harder object to kill and also a slightly higher lethal rounds.  Just something I've noteced over the years of play.

drt AKA Distructo Dave

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 09:43:24 AM »
We have Tanks? :O

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2012, 09:48:21 AM »
We have Tanks? :O

Shift-F to switch manually between tanks. If the tank designation font is white in the cockpit, it's on auto select. External tanks can be dropped after being selected with backspace.

Hope that helps  :D

:bolt:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline WWhiskey

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2012, 09:52:45 AM »
The only problem I see is the T-34 that takes a hit, fires, kills my M-18 then blows up, lag problem I guess ,,,
but has happened a lot and has caused me to change my M-18 tactics a good bit to avoid having the T-34 able to return fire for at least 5 seconds,
, DR7's comments could also be directly related to tank choosing instead of rank, many of the players I have a hard time killing, drive the T-34/85,   rounds bounce of that tank all the time, good solid hits even, at under 500 yards on occasion
Flying since tour 71.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2012, 04:18:22 PM »
GVs are a mess. Go clean them up by flying planes.  :)

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 02:13:07 PM »
Sorry to say but, I see this all the time.  Not rounds going through a tank.  But players jumping on an excuse.  On the problem of rounds going through a tank I can say I may have seen this happen once.  Well, that was my excuse on missing a shot.  With the amount of shots I take if a problem exist it would have been noticed.  This one I have not noticed.

Let me post a probabilite.  The following is just projection on my part.  Here we go, try to stay with me on this.  Players with lower overall ranks are harder to kill than a player with a higher overall rank.  Not just the skill repersented by being a low rank, say under 400 but built into the code.  Such a rank is given a slightly harder object to kill and also a slightly higher lethal rounds.  Just something I've noteced over the years of play.

drt AKA Distructo Dave

One of the better conspiracy theories I have heard.

As to the original post. Send film. As I said before, we look at all films. As we said before on the one you sent in, there was  not an issue with bullets going threw tanks with the films you sent in.

It was  only a display issue, and the damage that should have been done was.

HiTech

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 10:54:02 PM »
try playing world of tanks when you are in an is8 that can penetrate over 200 in of armor you get behind an arty and the round bounces.  you switch to he hit it again and it bounces.  all at the distance of 20 meters.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline WEZEL

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 11:52:23 PM »
Rounds go trough my tank all the time.......then I find myself in the tower  :rolleyes:

Offline Doc72

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2012, 05:54:23 AM »
This happend to me yesterday. Unfortunately, I did not record it so all I can do is explain what I saw on my end. Yes, I know, no film = it never happend. I was in a Tiger II defending a base. A panzer drove between myself and a friendly in town. I had to look twice to make sure it was an enemy tank and when I verified it was, I fired on it. The round went through the panzer and hit the friendly on the other side. As the round hit the friendly, it registered on my end as my tank taking damage even though the enemy tank had not fired on me.  :furious  :bhead  :headscratch:
Doc72CH
XO 364th C-Hawks
Professional bait
aka: sparky

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2012, 12:41:21 PM »
where r these black tanks---where can i get 1--in what arena are they in--the only color panzer i see is the orange or dark orange h's and the blue f's or vice-versa.i know we used to have black tanks--and a white 1-and several shades of the burnt orange ones
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline onerka

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2012, 01:19:22 PM »
I've seen it, but only a couple of times in thousands of encounters.  The most memorable instance:  was very close to a con shooting at others - con did not notice me.  So close there was no missing the shot.  Shot him in the flank and the shell went right through the tank...was a surprise as I hadn't seen this happen previously.  Shot him several more times with the same outcome.  Then he noticed me, and killed me.  It is certainly not common, at least on my FE it is a very rare situation...not sure, but maybe twice in the time I have been tanking. But, no mistake, it can happen.

BTW, I like DR's theory.  I knew there was a reason I kept my tanker rating well above the 400 line!

One

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2012, 01:58:45 PM »
where r these black tanks---where can i get 1--in what arena are they in--the only color panzer i see is the orange or dark orange h's and the blue f's or vice-versa.i know we used to have black tanks--and a white 1-and several shades of the burnt orange ones

download the skins.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2012, 07:22:32 PM »
You guys just aren't using the right tank. :P

Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩