Author Topic: War Z  (Read 405 times)

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
War Z
« on: November 13, 2012, 08:29:16 AM »
Anyone else in War Z? There's 5 of us Aces High players that have been playing and teaming up together. It can be frustrating playing solo, but a blast with a group of friendlies watching your back.

Currently we're looting towns and killing zombies. We're basically getting what we can and bringing it back to safe zones to stash away. We're not going out of our way to grief other players, but have no problem defending ourselves if need be. If anyone is interested in joining up - you're more than welcome.

"I was a door gunner on the space shuttle Columbia" - Scott12B

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
Re: War Z
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 09:16:41 AM »
Yeah, it is a blast in a group. 

We are using my TS server, PM me or Buster if you want the address to join.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 11:02:32 AM »
Yeah, it is a blast in a group. 

We are using my TS server, PM me or Buster if you want the address to join.

"Let's do the whole *'ing village!"

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 11:07:27 AM »
This looks friggin' sweet to me. This type of realistic gameplay mixed with FPS action really appeals to me. I'm definitely interested, but at the moment I can't jump in due to the very same reasons I'm taking a break from AH. I'm guessing y'all are playing the beta pre-release version?

How is the player environment? Are there honorable people that like to help/trade with others out or are there a bunch of tards that don't care about consequences or turning on others? Just like the show walking dead, looks like other non-infected "friendlies" could be even more of a threat than the zombies...
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 11:57:32 AM »
This looks friggin' sweet to me. This type of realistic gameplay mixed with FPS action really appeals to me. I'm definitely interested, but at the moment I can't jump in due to the very same reasons I'm taking a break from AH. I'm guessing y'all are playing the beta pre-release version?

How is the player environment? Are there honorable people that like to help/trade with others out or are there a bunch of tards that don't care about consequences or turning on others? Just like the show walking dead, looks like other non-infected "friendlies" could be even more of a threat than the zombies...

Yeah, the game has potential which is why I decided to jump on board.

Other players are indeed the biggest threat to you, which is why it's good to travel with friends. Some folks won't attack you, but you need to assume that they will and just shoot first. Like I said above, we aren't trying to grief people. We don't go out of our way to hunt players but if we see others, we kill them. At this time, you don't have any other choice as it is impossible to distinguish a bandit from a regular player just trying to survive and thrive. In the future I believe there is going to be a penalty for being a dink and just player killing (bandit nameplate or some such thing) but that system is not yet put in place.

Last night the five of us cleared a number of cities/towns without recording one loss (we killed two bandits and scared one into running away after his buddy died) A blast.  :rock

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 12:02:36 PM »
This from the DayZ guy?
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline ariansworld

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 12:08:02 PM »
This is from the other night, I wish that I had a video of this.

I was sitting on the top floor of the apartment building in campos city. It is something like 6 stories tall. Anyways, I started hearing foot steps, so I moved to the top of the stairs and looked down and waited. After watching a couple of minutes, the footsteps started getting closer and louder. A few more minutes go by, and I see another played come to the top of the steps on the floor below me.  He does not see me, he runs into a room. I run down the stairs and into the room behind him......... as soon as I entered the room I see him standing in the window, so I got out my hammer and ran up behind him and hit him twice. I must have scared the crap out of him, because he took off running out the window to fall 5 stories to his death. I took all his stuff too.

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 12:13:56 PM »
This from the DayZ guy?

I believe so, yeah

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 12:46:26 PM »
This from the DayZ guy?

No, it's a completely different game company that has ripped off DayZ.   They were able to rush out their product quickly because all they did was take the Combat Arms game add zombies.  Cut about a year of development time off the game and let them release the alpha and beta so quickly after they announced the game.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 01:06:52 PM »
No, it's a completely different game company that has ripped off DayZ.   They were able to rush out their product quickly because all they did was take the Combat Arms game add zombies.  Cut about a year of development time off the game and let them release the alpha and beta so quickly after they announced the game.

ack-ack

:lol Oh my.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline B4Buster

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 01:12:25 PM »

ack-ack

:rofl

The games look so identical I thought they were from the same developers.

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2012, 01:17:17 PM »
The DayZ standalone isn't even in alpha yet.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2012, 02:13:53 PM »
Day Z's interface is awkward and an impediment to fun.  Further, the game was filled with hackers and griefers.

The War Z experience is definitely similar because there are freaking zombies and you need to eat and drink.  Oh wait, you need to do that in Fallout too, and there are mutants that are kind of like zombies too...  Maybe they are all ripoffs of Fallout!   :mad:

Ohhhh mmyyyyy GOD, the agony!
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2012, 02:42:30 PM »
War Z is just deathmatch with a loose zombie theme

doesn't strike the same 'survival' atmosphere as DayZ to me
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2012, 03:19:11 PM »
In you're opinion Buster is it worth spending the money?

I most likely will buy it but I would like to hear some info about it first.

:salute
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.