Author Topic: Please Dump The Vbase Map  (Read 785 times)

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
Please Dump The Vbase Map
« on: November 13, 2012, 11:47:45 AM »
It doesn't have a name but please, please, PLEASE dump that baby s**t green vbase map that's in Midwar right now. You know, the dark green one with the vbases in between the airfields. I hate it and most others seem to at least dislike it.

It really slows down the action and players seem to avoid it. Not only that, but because so many avoid it and it's hard to get the fights going, it takes forever for someone to win so we get a new map.

Please get rid of it. Either replace it with an old map or just have one fewer map in the rotation. I HATE THAT MAP!

Offline Dragon

• Platinum Member
      • AH JUGS
Re: Please Dump The Vbase Map
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 12:22:18 PM »
We have to fly too far to roll bases unopposed and the enemy has time to get up and they kill us every time.  :cry   I HATE THAT MAP!

Fixed
SWchef  Lieutenant Colonel  Squadron Training Officer  125th Spartan Warriors

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2012, 12:23:57 PM »
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2012, 12:30:43 PM »
We have to fly too far to roll bases unopposed and the enemy has time to get up and they kill us every time.

Nope. Exact opposite with me, and I think most mid- war players would back me up on this. I'm one of the rare non- strategic players in Midwar. I could care less about capturing bases. I play for the fights and the map makes it a lot harder to find fights.

I'll admit I wish it was easier to roll that map so we could get rid of it quicker. Problem is, most of the map rollers don't like it, either. They roll the good maps real fast. When this one comes around they're often nowhere to be found. I suspect they're like most and go to some other arena with a different map until someone wins the crappy map.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2012, 12:43:46 PM »
Nope. Exact opposite with me, and I think most mid- war players would back me up on this. I'm one of the rare non- strategic players in Midwar. I could care less about capturing bases. I play for the fights and the map makes it a lot harder to find fights.

I'll admit I wish it was easier to roll that map so we could get rid of it quicker. Problem is, most of the map rollers don't like it, either. They roll the good maps real fast. When this one comes around they're often nowhere to be found. I suspect they're like most and go to some other arena with a different map until someone wins the crappy map.

If a map is "good", it shouldn't be easy to roll over it and reset it in a couple of hours - it should be "winable", but it should take some effort. Good maps generate fights, and keep generating fights...that's the point of the game.

And besides, if 90%+ of people in an arena are always on the same side, as it seems to be in MW, ANY map should be able to be rolled quickly.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 01:00:35 PM »
If a map is "good", it shouldn't be easy to roll over it and reset it in a couple of hours - it should be "winable", but it should take some effort. Good maps generate fights, and keep generating fights...that's the point of the game.

And besides, if 90%+ of people in an arena are always on the same side, as it seems to be in MW, ANY map should be able to be rolled quickly.
I disagree, at least in part: A good map might not be easy to roll, but that depends on the player line up. It looks like Satan's Sissies (now mostly within the G3- MF squadron) are back rolling maps in Midwar again. They have a long history of it and are difficult to stop, especially when you have numbers as they often do and did yesterday. I believe they had 14 or 15 vs 3 to 5 at one point.

But that's beside the point, as the map rollers are usually nowhere to be found when this map shows up. Most don't like it so they go elsewhere. Those of us that stay just suffer through it- often for days on end.

What I consider "good maps", where fights are easy to find, are usually the ones the SS likes, too, as bases are fairly close together. That just makes it easier for them to roll the map, as for the rest of us to find fights. Guess it works both ways.

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 04:00:40 PM »
 :huh :huh :huh :huh It all has good air....Right?  :huh :huh :huh :huh
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 04:42:02 PM »
It looks like Satan's Sissies (now mostly within the G3- MF squadron) are back rolling maps in Midwar again. They have a long history of it and are difficult to stop, especially when you have numbers as they often do and did yesterday. I believe they had 14 or 15 vs 3 to 5 at one point.

Quite frankly, I am beginning to get annoyed at the lame whining about MW and don't understand why my squad is being singled out on this topic.  Last night, we had about 8 from my squad in MW when I was online (between 9PM and 1AM EST).  However, many others like to fly with us and we fly with them.  We also fly in LW and we do a good job doing it.  Most people know who we are and that we fight.  What I personally like about MW is that you don't have as many cannon planes jumping you in a good fight, not that there is anything wrong with that, as my SA should be better sometimes, but we like the plane set balance in MW better.  Last night, we were teetering between an ENY of 15 to 29, which we don't mind. 

Last Winter, MW was grumbling that there was no side balance.  So, being a squad with sizable numbers (I believe we have about 20 in our squad) we decided to jump to all sides to try to balance things out.  Here is what we learned...

In MW, many people log on and off, thus only creating equal numbers for about 30 minutes.  In the end, we (G3-MF) were simply dog fighting ourselves and it served no purpose. 

We decided to take a break from the silly whining in MW and flew in LW for 5 or 6 months exclusively.  We have made many friends in LW and have gotten to know some of the FSO squads better flying there.  When we started to test the waters in MW, we found that a certain squad (in which I will not single out) on the Bish side were rolling the maps and dominating the arena.  When we started flying in there again, many of them started complaining because we stopped the base rolling.  In return, we started doing our thing in taking bases.  Not necessarily "rolling" the map on purpose, but actually getting together in the tower, discussing an assault, then implementing the plan.  We test several methods in there and we have fun flying together. 

If you attack us, be prepared for a fight.  If you defend against us, be prepared for a fight.  For us it is about flying in a cartoon game having fun in eachother's company.  Nothing more, nothing less. 

Just be aware, that if we go back to LW, another squad will simply come and do it again until we are begged to come back to MW and stop it, like we did last time...

I think a highlight for MW came last week when LW went down and all of a sudden, MW was jammed packed with tons of action.  I prefer it that way.  Funny thing is, the MW regulars (not all of them) started complaining on text and in the BBs about the numbers.  I like being on the low number side as I get more perks for shooting people down, then I can go aste them on flights in the Me262 in LW (usually lose them darned planes trying to deack something - Hahaha!).

I actually encourage more squads that like to fly as squads to come into MW more often and have some fun on a more personal level.

But in my opinion, quit flaming squads in MW just because you don't like how they play.  As one of our guys asked another complaining last night about us ruining their fun...   ..."How shall you have us play and maybe we'll give it a try".  In reality, we already tried different things.  We will no longer fly on different sides of eachother (our squad) just to make a few guys happy that the numbers are more balanced.  We would rather fight a High ENY...

:rock

DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 04:50:59 PM »
Quite frankly, I am beginning to get annoyed at the lame whining about MW and don't understand why my squad is being singled out on this topic. We will no longer fly on different sides of eachother (our squad) just to make a few guys happy that the numbers are more balanced.  We would rather fight a High ENY...  

Point well made, slip, and perhaps it's my fault for going off- topic. The point of the thread, though, was getting rid of the crappy map that's on there now. And not just get rid of it now, but forever.

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2012, 04:55:09 PM »
Thanks XT   :salute

The map is "OKAY" if there were more numbers in MW.  It is a fun and busy map in LW.  Maybe just take it out of the MW rotation???

I like more maps with CVs...

:rock 
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2012, 05:15:16 PM »
That's all I'm asking. Just take the map out of Midwar. I only play Midwar, although I don't recall liking it even years ago when I did Late War. If they like it, fine.

I prefer water maps, too. Gives an added opportunity for a fight.