Author Topic: Different screens for mission editor and tutorials  (Read 1133 times)

Offline J18Dread

• Zinc Member
Different screens for mission editor and tutorials
« on: November 24, 2012, 01:50:21 PM »
I am getting different screens from those shown in the help tutorial and FBCrabby's YouTube video.  I do not seem to be able to add waypoints. I am using AcesHigh II Mission Editor 2.228 patch 6 on a Windows 7 64-bit Pro (just in case that makes any difference).  Any thoughts appreciated.  Having some difficulty attaching screenshot.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 01:52:05 PM by J18Dread »

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Re: Different screens for mission editor and tutorials
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 02:54:40 PM »
Screenshots appreciated...

Use your snipping tool, save the images and upload them somewhere...

IF you do not have somewhere to upload them, register on our squad site http://ah-freebirds.com/ and upload images into our gallery... Then once they are uploaded use the URL provided for your uploaded image...

The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline J18Dread

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 04:26:19 PM »
MrKrabs;
Any other way to post screenshot than joining FB?  Will try google of dropbox.  Anyway, I seem to be able to replicate the help tutorial to some degree.  Is there a way to zoom?  I seem to be able to tilt and twist but no zoom.  Is it unusual to have no plane selection in WWI?  Where should my planes be?  I have the expected 4 plane set in "Settings/planes" but nothing shows in the dropdown.  Taking another screenshot just in case.https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/115583392198638004890/albums/5814508780881887873

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2012, 10:09:02 PM »
If you don't have it figured out by tomorrow night, I'll help get ya going.  Gotta work in the morning, so I gotta be brief tonight.

To zoom, Shift-right click & hold, then move your mouse forward or back.  You have your waypoints laid down from the pics.  What you need to to assign a segment type to each waypoint length (Taxi, takeoff, cruise, etc.)  You do this by right clicking on each off the waypoints in the waypoint list on the right side of your screen.  After you have your segment types added, right click on your route's name (right side of screen again) and choose "Add flight".  That is where you add your aircraft types.  Be back tomorrow night to give a more detailed help.

:salute 
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline J18Dread

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2012, 04:33:12 PM »
Ranger;

My current problem/issue is the spawn point.  For some reason it is not where I thought I had placed it and now I see no way to replace/relocate it.  Any thoughts?

Plane has been assigned and the circuit complete.  Goal is for plane to leave field, climb to 2000 ft., fly to the trenches, circle and keep circling until engaged by the enemy (me).  All segments are attack except taxi and takeoff.
What is the difference between "patrol" and "attack"?

Next issue after getting the spawn point set will be for another flight of I to leave about X minutes later and then repeating at the same interval, so that I face a new enemy every X minutes until I run out of gas or ammo.
That is the goal.  Is the mission saved anywhere in an editable text file?  Would be nice to cut and paste altitude and speed settings for each segment.

Thanks for the offer to help.

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2012, 07:48:43 PM »
Changing your beginning spawn point requires a redo.  Any other waypoint is easy to move, but sadly you can't move the starting point.  Luckily, you picked a small terrain & a pretty straightforward route, so it should only take a few minutes to redo it.

Patrol-attacks enemies within 3k
Attack-attacks enemies within 6k

You can open up your mission's file inside your AHII->Offmiss folder with any text editor, such as Notepad.  It would be far more difficult to do it that way though.  Open it & see what I mean.
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 07:53:12 PM »
In the mean time, try this mission I made on the same terrain:

http://www.mediafire.com/?51k61u92whpx9fi

Download & put in your missres folder.
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline J18Dread

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2012, 06:53:39 PM »
Thanks Ranger for the file.  I am looking at it now.  Interesting, I cannot open the file for editing.  Is the file compiled or otherwise locked for editing?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 06:57:39 PM by J18Dread »

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2012, 09:04:24 PM »
The one I posted is a .res file.  You can't open that one with a text editor.  You just stick it in your missres folder to play it in-game.

Anytime you save a mission you are creating in the mission editor, it creates a .mis file in your offmiss folder with the name you saved it under. Example: missionX.mis

THAT file can be opened with a text editor, to change the parameters of the mission that you are building.  It's much easier to just make changes via the mission editor.  Once you open the .mis file of your mission with a text editor, you will see what I mean.

☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩

Offline J18Dread

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2012, 08:10:39 AM »
Too bad, I did not relish starting over but I guess that is what I have to do.  Thanks for your advice and support.