Author Topic: Grounds for text suspension  (Read 10096 times)

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
Re: Grounds for text suspension
« Reply #75 on: November 29, 2012, 02:13:43 PM »
I kind of have to agree with Nathan60 and also Redbull who said the same thing earlier in the thread. A lot of the worst stuff on 200 never seems to draw the wrath of the moderators...

lol - so I'm a part of the good old boy network?  :rofl

you do know that I was banned for 2 weeks for posting the video with that comment about the bamboo plane etc?

I was also muted ingame for quoting something else in the video (Snech's sperm swapping allegation :D ), when far more abusive stuff is said on 200 constantly (usually with real malice behind it, not jokingly quoting someone else's bad manners)
Well I was talking about your comment in THIS thread alone not the video, I got banned for the dsame thing even used one of the smiley guys with it too, but I take it back your not a good ole boy i retract the bamboo plane but the favortisim is in evidence on a near daily basis.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #76 on: November 29, 2012, 02:15:37 PM »
Just so ya know, for someone to get Rule #'d in a thread like this usually requires someone to have reported the offending post.

Not many people are stupid enough to take a joking comment like 'mods can make their planes as light as bamboo' seriously, so that's probably why there has been no problem with that post :)
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: November 29, 2012, 02:16:28 PM »
The only issue is if the reports from the community were valid or not.  They were valid.  This has nothing to do with moderators.

Understand the concept of it requiring multiple instances, over a specific period of time, before text and/r VOX privs are lost.

Example:  Ten players talking about something, and they all get two votes each.  All good, until you realize that three of the others already had multiple votes in the queue from previous instances of problematic behavior and those three lose thier privs and the others do not.

When used properly, the system works as it should.
So something said 5 weeks ago catches you a ban? So lets say someone can come on here and flamebait all they want  as long as they know the magical number of reports before for banning? say some one that is  a moderator or  a friend of one. Do the mods have access to the reports can dismiss reports? Who assigned the ban or was it just mass reporting and it does it automaticly?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 02:21:10 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #78 on: November 29, 2012, 02:18:31 PM »
Just so ya know, for someone to get Rule #'d in a thread like this usually requires someone to have reported the offending post.

Not many people are Suprised( I find it offensive so I fixced) enough to take a joking comment like 'mods can make their planes as light as bamboo'  seriously, so that's probably why there has been no problem with that post :)
well I must have some pretty think people following me around OR you are in fact a good old boy as I got banned for much the same thing.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #79 on: November 29, 2012, 02:20:49 PM »
So something said 5 weeks ago catches you a ban? So lets say someone can come on here and flamebait all they want  as ;long as they know the magical number of reports before for banning? say some one that is  a moderator?

You can see the settings, for any given arena, for the report mechanism.  Currently it takes 5 reports, over a one week period of time to lose privs in the game.

The bulletin board is completely separate from the game and has forum posting rules within the forums.  As coobmz says, it takes someone hitting the "Report to moderator" link in a post as no one has time to read every post made on the bulletin board.

There are no moderators on the bulletin board.  There are admins.  All employees of HTC.  The moderators in the game are limited to being only able to mute a player for a short period of time.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 02:22:41 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: November 29, 2012, 02:27:48 PM »
So a mass report 'engineered' by perhaps the mods themselves can result in a ban? You said that Squats ban was valid, what about all the OTHERS that were talking polictics  and continued to talk politics, they clearly baited people but since they had been good boys for a week they get away scott free ? As for the boards its just odd that what uis clearly meant as a joke can be reported and result in a ban. Pehaps you need to more subjective?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 02:37:24 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #81 on: November 29, 2012, 02:35:10 PM »
So a mass report 'engineered' by perhaps the mods themselves can result in a ban? You said that Squats ban was valid, what about all the OTHERS that were talking polictics  and continued to talk politics, they clearly baited people but since they had been good boys for a week they get away scott free ? As for the boards its just odd that what uis clearly meant as a joke can be reported and result in a ban. Pehaps you need to more subjective?

We know who makes the reports.  If there was any abuse of the system, then it would be rectified.  If the moderators abused the system they would no longer be moderators.

Mass reports do happen, on occasion.  When they do, we fix it by taking the privs of the reporters away for the same period as it would have cost the person that was the target of the attack.

The other players are irrelevant to this discussion.  If they lost privs, they can challenge it as well.

Everyone is responsible for his/her own behavior.  Everyone makes the choice to act in the manner they do.

If someone has an issue with my findings, they can always take it to HiTech.

Again, the bulletin board is completely different than the game.  We do rely on someone hitting the "Report to moderator" link as it sends us a link directly to the post.  If the post is in violation of the forum posting rules, the appropriate action is taken.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 02:38:13 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: November 29, 2012, 02:36:55 PM »
Fine
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 02:40:15 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #83 on: November 29, 2012, 02:39:58 PM »
The others are not irrelevant as they could have been talking politics to bait people into a response for the sole pourpose of then mass reporting that person which this situation clearly was.

Again, people are responsible for their own behavior. 

In this specific instance, there were no mass reports.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: November 29, 2012, 02:40:44 PM »
Again, people are responsible for their own behavior.  

In this specific instance, there were no mass reports.
So who muted Squat? He was muted right after he said what he did which was about his place of employment and clearly not offensive or politically charged as the what was said by others around him. So someone decided at that time it was a valid mute but ok for the orthers to go about policitcs?  How did Squat get muted without reports? If there were no reports how did he hit the magical number that put him over 5 for the week?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 02:44:24 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #85 on: November 29, 2012, 02:43:43 PM »
He did.  The reports were all valid and all came from the community.

I checked each one, against the time stamp and against what was said.  They were all valid.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: November 29, 2012, 02:46:15 PM »
OK no mass reports but lets  say 5 reports was enough? And I know what he said  but nobody reported the other guys? Onlyy 1 guy reported squat and that got him to 5? well atleast we know you have 5 report and thats all it takes even if you are baited. Is it 5 individual reports or 5 seperate cases(of different events)? If its 5 seperate cases then I retract everything I have said and Squat does deserve it but fomr looking at that convo on 200 it seemsawfully dodgy that the other instigators of that convo kept talking.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 02:49:25 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: November 29, 2012, 02:53:59 PM »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2012, 02:57:29 PM »
It can be any number of events with one report for each, or it can be one event with five reports.  A player can only report someone once.  Any successive reports from the same player to the same player results in the timestamp being updated for that one report.

So how many to report this http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,342054.0.html

Just hit the "Report to moderator" link if you think it is in violation of the forum posting rules.  I cannot see Youtube, but I am not the only one who gets the notice.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2012, 03:01:28 PM »
I don't care about coke, I got my answers it's all clearly pretty arbitrary and.  5 guys working together can infact bait people into a vox bannning, by talking about a taboo subject then only reporting thier target and not each other. Then a weekl later do the same thing :aok  Would it also work if I got 5 people to report you for relinking an offensive subject?(if infact deemed offensive I dont think it is)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 03:08:15 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep