Author Topic: Lets Fight 3.0  (Read 679 times)

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
Lets Fight 3.0
« on: November 27, 2012, 01:09:41 AM »
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
Re: Lets Fight 3.0
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 01:39:28 PM »
 :aok

Please check my comment (question).

Thanks!

:rock
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 12:28:40 AM »
My answer just in case You tube messed up again.

Yea I use Fraps for my recording but my editing I do with Sony Vegas. you of course have windows movie maker and Adobe effects Im not sure the title. Im sure there are other but I dont know em. MM is goin to be the most basic and Im sure is why yours is grainy. Ive never worked it MM so I dont know. But when I go to make a movie I make sure My output is 1080p so that the best quality is there if folks desire it.
"No odds too great"

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2012, 02:06:06 PM »
2 comments

I have to say this video isn't very good... You are putting it up as-recorded, meaning there's minutes wasted in the hangar, you fly around NOE never firing a shot in a stuka, then land, and then you crash a c2 on takeoff and then you man an ack gun and then you launch a spit. You could cut out over 10 minutes of wasted time on a VERY long video, and it would be a better video for it. Just jump straight to the spit and continue from there, maybe. If you see my point?

You really need to trim the fat. Don't get me wrong there's all different styles for different videos, but they all trim it down to convey just what they were intended to convey. If you're showing combat, then focus on clips that have that. If you're showing newbies how to do something, add a helpful voiceover. If you're informing people about a new plane, or showcasing a new feature (i.e. megastrat), do that. Your 3.0 video just seems to idle. You need to put more effort into making a video worth watching through clip selection and reviewing your footage for the best parts. Of your 16 minutes, only about 3 minutes (starting when you launch your spit) is really worth using for "action" footage. For a video titled "let's fight" there is very little fighting.

I don't mean to be overly critical, but you've done much better on your other videos.

On an unrelated note: I would request different names. "Let's play1" through "let's play 17" and 1.0, 2.0, 2.1, 3.0, 3.1 are all very repetitive names and easily forgotten. So if I saw the zero action in let's fight 1.0, I couldn't recall if it was 1.0, 2.0, or what. If it were called "Let's fight: Zeke action" (just throwing an example out there) it's easier to find and remember.

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2012, 07:23:39 PM »
good points, no one has said anything so i havent changed yet. But Ill take care of that with the next vid, sorta gotten away from it lately.
"No odds too great"

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2012, 10:56:18 PM »
Again, I hope I wasn't too critical, but I wanted to give video-related feedback. It wasn't all bad, it was just kind of random.

For example, when you pick the Me410 and you're talking about the loadouts, that's a good clip to have. Problem is you don't take off with the 410 to put them to use!  :lol

Another example is the C205. Good for a blooper reel or a silly video clip, but this video didn't have much use for it.

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 03:31:25 AM »
Yea I was kinda trying to show the everyday gameplay. Instead of everyone thinking ah this guy is awesome, now you can see that I mess up just like other folks. But yea a blooper reel at the end that would be good. And
no you werent too critical, been in the army for a day so I can hack it. :D  :salute :rock
"No odds too great"