Author Topic: Quick review on Windows 8  (Read 1398 times)

Offline LCAMerciful

• Copper Member
Re: Quick review on Windows 8
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2012, 09:08:03 PM »
At least Win 8 is more intuitive than the new MacBook Wheel

I mean.. sheesh what was Apple thinking?!?  :O

I guess no one bothered to click on my link.. it's a shame being that you'd have gotten a good laugh about it!

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: December 05, 2012, 12:23:53 PM »
I guess no one bothered to click on my link.. it's a shame being that you'd have gotten a good laugh about it!
I did, but I didn't know you were so anxious to get some response. Otherwise I would have announced myself earlier.  :t
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2012, 02:11:11 PM »
I just read the funniest comment about windows 8:

"windows 8 will bring world peace because nobody can launch anything on it.."

midway
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 10, 2012, 12:37:12 PM »
Today I had experience #2 with Win8. Thanks for all who have shared their knowledge, I could find things easier now. Even the Shutdown button which intuitively has been put under Settings, which naturally pops up by mousing in the right corners. Think about people having had lots of laughs when Windows was shut down by clicking "Start".

This, too, was a PackardBell with a dedicated shutdown button in the TaskBar. Unfortunately this time the icon was in the lower left corner, easily causing error clickings with the Tiles popup link in the same location. I tried to arrange an empty slot there, but couldn't.

Well, it seems people will learn to use them. In the meantime I should be glad I won't be unemployed for a long time: As you know, average people have no idea where their folders are physically, and with a missing Start menu with direct links to their profile folder and its subfolders I guess I'll have a fulltime job in making appropriate icons on their Desktops  :aok
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni