Author Topic: USAF bans pin-ups  (Read 687 times)

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
Re: USAF bans pin-ups
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2012, 01:18:41 AM »
So the Air Force just caught up to the 1990s.  K.

It was that way in the 70's in the USCG.
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2012, 05:55:56 PM »
As all things in life, we have to be able to truly look at it from someone else's perspective to understand why it can be an issue.

This stance has always entertained me, because there isn't anything stopping the other person's perspective being that of a hormonally imbalanced 15 year old that jumps at anything that walks or that of a Nun who's never left the convent.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2012, 06:58:09 PM »
It's not their fault. It's the naughty pictures. Years ago I stopped listening to heavy metal and I have yet to bite the head off any small mammals or worship Satan since doing so.

I heard you bit the head off a cow once.  And milk sprayed out of its neck.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Devonai

• Copper Member
      • Reckless Faith
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2012, 08:29:56 AM »
The only thing on the walls of my base for the last five years have been USAF-issue framed photos of aircraft we will never have, aircraft we once had, the mandatory bulletin board in each building with wing info (KNOW YOUR CHAPLAINS, etc), motivational posters, and the current FPCON.

Prior to that I was in the Army Guard for six years.  I never saw anything like that there, either, and I was in an infantry company.  Maybe pinups are less popular in New England, I don't know.
Guns!  Aliens!  Talking cats!  My new Science Fiction adventure, now on Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/David-Kantrowitz/e/B002BMHJPE/

Offline BreakingBad

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2012, 10:03:19 AM »
I think they will survive.