Author Topic: USAF bans pin-ups  (Read 686 times)

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
USAF bans pin-ups
« on: December 07, 2012, 12:40:41 PM »
Due to sexual assaults the US Air Force has decided to ban pictures of naked, or half naked women in all work spaces and public areas. 

http://www.airforcetimes.com/news/2012/12/air-force-health-welfare-insepctions2-120512

Thoughts?
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline smoe

• Silver Member
Re: USAF bans pin-ups
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 12:53:24 PM »
Actually that may make it worse, but who knows.

If the USAF really wants to cut down on sexual assaults they should post abstinence stuff like male only pin-ups. That in my opinion would reduce most males from wanting any sex what so ever. Then again the other US services would love to see that happen, but not the actual pin-ups.
 :rofl

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2012, 01:08:22 PM »
I was active duty USAF for 16 years, and I don't recall ever seeing pinups in work spaces and public areas.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2012, 01:44:52 PM »
Why can't they just stop sexually assaulting women?
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2012, 02:06:44 PM »
  Now I know some hack is going to come here and post something along the lines of 'it wouldnt happen if they'd get back in the kitchen'  I'd like to say while that is  funny it probably will not be well recieved.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 02:11:34 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 02:45:43 PM »
I don't know a lot of recent vets well but I know 2 who had bad things happen to them after realizing they were the only girl in the room.
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 02:54:53 PM »
I was active duty USAF for 16 years, and I don't recall ever seeing pinups in work spaces and public areas.

That would seem like fairly common sense stuff.  You can go back to the WW2 pin up art on aircraft and there were an number of attempts/orders to clean them up so that they wouldn't be 'offensive'.   Much ado about nothing I think, but typical news fodder.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline jeep00

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2012, 03:09:49 PM »
  Now I know some hack is going to come here and post something along the lines of 'it wouldnt happen if they'd get back in the kitchen'  I'd like to say while that is  funny it probably will not be well recieved.

So you chose to be the one to bring it forward. And it isn't actually funny. Crass yes but not funny.

As to the removal, it is happening (too slowly) across all work spaces. Get used to it. Choose whatever reason you think is the one, but accept it and move on or stay in your cave. To help, your (generally speaking, not saying anyone in particular) perception of it does not matter in public, meaning anywhere outside your own home/vehicle, it is in the eyes of the beholder. As all things in life, we have to be able to truly look at it from someone else's perspective to understand why it can be an issue.

Bob

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2012, 03:36:28 PM »

The guys probably took them down when you were around so you weren't offended.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2012, 04:32:48 PM »
Ive seen a few of them around the fighter wing here... the boys wont be pleased by this haha

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2012, 04:33:58 PM »
It's not their fault. It's the naughty pictures. Years ago I stopped listening to heavy metal and I have yet to bite the head off any small mammals or worship Satan since doing so.

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2012, 04:58:19 PM »
That's just un-American. :P
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2012, 05:37:15 PM »
So the Air Force just caught up to the 1990s.  K.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Seanaldinho

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2012, 06:10:18 PM »
So the Air Force just caught up to the 1990s.  K.

Well you know the Navy prides itself on the finest 1970s technology. USAF has got em beat by a couple decades  :D ;) :bolt:

Offline eagl

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2012, 12:53:25 AM »
They banned that stuff around 20 years ago.  Some people didn't get the memo apparently so the only thing that is "new" is a command directed one-time inspection of all workspaces for situations where existing policy was not enforced.

Everyone I know, goes away, in the end.