Author Topic: Self-impressed calls me cheater  (Read 3044 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: Self-impressed calls me cheater
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2012, 11:31:27 PM »
And congratulations to you if you are the gunnery and kentucky windage god of our universe and can use any gun in existance with your eyes closed to shoot the wings off a fly at 1000yds. Seems to be a very large concentration of gunnery gods in this game or at least posting to this forum.

Nobody said their aim was kentucky windage, I certainly didn't. I am barely average in aim and acm. However since you consider me a BBS warrior, maybe you can prove me to only be a troll on the BBS - for example the last scenario I flew was Winter Death grounds - here was my stats:

Stab I./JG7
Butcher
21:03:35 Departed from Field #31 in a Me 262A-1
21:48:38 Shot down a B-26B flown by EVZ.
21:48:48 Shot down a B-26B flown by Kuya.
21:48:51 Shot down a B-26B flown by Kuya.
21:49:17 Shot down a B-26B flown by tudza.
21:49:48 Helps HamHawk shoot down DWOldDog.
21:49:53 Shot down a B-26B flown by thomace.
21:49:54 Shot down a B-26B flown by thomace.
21:50:39 Shot down a B-26B flown by DWOldDog.
22:01:55 Takes on fuel/ammo/ord at field #31.
23:16:18 Shot down a P-38L flown by SEBaker.
23:16:20 Shot down a P-38J flown by Fencer.
23:16:58 Shot down a P-38J flown by SIK1.
23:17:51 Shot down a P-38J flown by mir.
23:20:52 Helps IrishOne shoot down TomD.
23:21:26 Shot down a P-47D-25 flown by kyle53.
23:23:00 Shot down a P-51D flown by AHJoker.
23:23:46 Shot down a P-51D flown by AHRatTat.
23:33:01 Arrived Safely at Field #31

Interesting I don't see Bustr period in FSO, Scenarios or Snapshot logs and you really call me a BBS warrior? I admit I am average pilot with average aim - but at least I bring facts to the table. Trolling seems to be your high point, please continue training.
JG 52

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2012, 11:45:36 PM »
LOL, I had a guy PM(s) me the other night after 3 successive kills in 3 different aircraft. One of them was from 5K as I bombed the CV he was trying to launch from. He told me in no uncertain terms he had film of every kill and was going to post it. There was no way I could kill him every time and kill a CV with a B26. I begged him to post it. Even said "pretty please"... I need the street cred.  :airplane:
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2012, 12:50:50 AM »
This post is about a player and a problem with his perception of how the Mk108 should work.

This is not the FSO. You got a thingy going with Hammy and Irish we should know about?? Or are you attempting to slip in some free PR about your personal FSO abilities for the next event? Or should we start calling you gunny? I'm attempting to help the disgruntaled player if he is reading this post or if the OP wants to point him to this post.

For the most part your opening derision to his abilities is what many fling about in this forum. Then the derieded is supposed to kiss your pinky and beg enlightenment sort of what your B26 killing skill points indirectly that you can do when your skin isn't being rubbed raw from it's thinness. The MK108 in the K4 can drive the inexperienced into a tizzy. I've been there. The math dosen't take a special status of being a game renowned dead eye jonny in a kiddy game to generate it. That's another tendancy in this game that only the personaly accomplished at piu, piu, piu in the game can speak with authority about the game. The tables describe the problem the unnamed K4 driver is having with the ballistics if you look at it. Anyone in this audience can generate it if they have some time.

Unless Hitech is not using the same math we all use to descirbe our physical universe and the universe that existed in the 40's where our planes data sets were generated.

By the way. In WW2 pursuit curves had a component called "seat of your pants". We don't feel that in this game. Hitech I supect uses an instantanious G value instead while we perceive the slowness of getting the pipper on the target or it traveling in directions we didn't expect. I wonder if this unnamed K4 pilot simply lacks enough experience with the gun and it's delivery platform? Experience is what improves Hit% in a K4 in the face of the MK108's down range idiosyncracies. Experieneced K4 players in this game don't usualy accuse others of finessing the game to cover their inexperience. They tend to know each other and understand missing is their own fault becasue of just how crappy that cannons ballistics is.

Ergo, my attempt to help the unnamed K4 driver. Oh Hammy is my squadmate. He wants dinner and a movie before anything else. He's not too bad himself with a K4.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2012, 01:49:11 AM »
I got called a cheater because I could kill a certain Hurri 2c with a Spit V. "No way a Spit V can out-turn a Hurri - it seems you're the only one who can do it".   :lol It's called "out-flying", not "out-turning". 

IIC thought he was going to beat a Spit 5?  What a maroon.

- oldman

Offline JUGgler

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2012, 11:16:15 AM »
something I finally learned. If in doubt;  dont.

NO NO NO! DO, the shock value alone is worth ridicule!   :D

JUGgler
Army of Muppets

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2012, 04:28:17 PM »

JUGgler

I shall follow rule 8 and move on. But thank you all for the constructive posts.

Bustr I appreciate the tables you've provided, I like to fly the K-4 because of the engine power, but have rarely hit anything with the 30 mils myself. I'll up one on the TA drones and try to better my aim with them.

:devil <----this I'll be aware of from now on -  ;)   

:salute

Rot
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: December 10, 2012, 01:27:17 AM »

JUGgler
You coming back or what?
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2012, 11:56:13 AM »
I would simply say your aim sucks, unless show a film to say otherwise, people tend to blame to many things - Cats, internet connection, the sun etc. Reality is unless you hit key areas the plane will not go down.

I'm not being a sweetheart or anything, but unless you seriously fly a 262 multiple times per tour, the aim can be a little...tricky, adding high speed makes it more of a problem. I can show proof there is absolutely nothing wrong with 262s.

My aim does not suck and the hits were verified from film. You're being a sweetheart.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2012, 11:58:27 AM »
Network problems can NOT cause a hit not to register.  ALL hits you see WILL allways be processed by the host unless you disco.

HiTech

Interesting. I guess a lanc can take 7x30mm hits to the tail without getting damage then. It was on film. Even though it was already years ago this one case has stuck to my mind because I reviewed the film several times afterwards. You literally couldn't see the tail from the hit flashes.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 12:05:11 PM by MrRiplEy[H] »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: December 10, 2012, 01:45:51 PM »
post the film then
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2012, 02:20:42 PM »
post the film then
Wow  Coombzy that is pretty to the point for you and blunt. I sense a  certain level of tension that doesn't exist normally with  you and others. Perhaps we should just let this one rest as its a go nowhere thead an d no good will come of this?
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2012, 03:26:15 PM »
tension? what are you on about?

if he has the film of his 7 30mm rounds hitting a Lanc without any damage, as he says he does, I can't see why he wouldn't post it to support his statements, that's all

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2012, 03:42:01 PM »
tension? what are you on about?

if he has the film of his 7 30mm rounds hitting a Lanc without any damage, as he says he does, I can't see why he wouldn't post it to support his statements, that's all
just saying you are typically a little more fluid to your approach on such subjects. Just didnt seem like you to be so direct. Sorry If I read too much into it.
HamHawk
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2012, 04:01:14 PM »
No worries  :angel:

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2012, 11:01:29 PM »
post the film then

You post a film from 2006 saved on a harddrive that probably doesn't exist anymore :D

I have around 6-7 AH2 installations on different backups and they have around 800-900 saved films. Do you wish to get them all so you can sort the sortie in question out?