Author Topic: Overinflated EGO Award  (Read 2742 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Overinflated EGO Award
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2012, 08:05:25 PM »
The glass is always full ink. Every whine is only an excuse because success and survival are always possible.

I know what you are saying...I do...and I even understand it......if you are picked it was YOUR fault.....which I agree with completely......

but it is what it is....a pick.....which in my book is totally different then say...a vulch......

Could you successfully survive a 1 on 1 duel with ink?

The Ink Survival Award.  :banana:
thats funny...I have been playing Farcry 3....I am not kidding....there is a giant "Ink monster" you have to kill.....when I saw that I laughed m arse off

Ink is one of the best ki pilots out there, however even I beat him once!

Yes, I remember it well, he was behind me in his ki, and I opened the cockpit, and threw my shoe at him, said shoe got stuck to his windscreen so he couldn't see, then I threw some seeds and water out of my k4 and grew a tree in front of him.

(Image removed from quote.)

My master plan worked like a charm  :noid

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2012, 08:45:43 PM »
Ink is one of the best ki pilots out there, however even I beat him once!

Yes, I remember it well, he was behind me in his ki, and I opened the cockpit, and threw my shoe at him, said shoe got stuck to his windscreen so he couldn't see, then I threw some seeds and water out of my k4 and grew a tree in front of him.

(Image removed from quote.)

My master plan worked like a charm  :noid

Wow. All I did was attack him with my F-29
-AoM-

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2012, 09:39:08 PM »
Wow. All I did was attack him with my F-29
My F-29 was being repaired by the AK's after they were all kind enough to lend me a few bullets in FSO  :old:
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2013, 04:38:44 PM »
The glass is always full ink. Every whine is only an excuse because success and survival are always possible.

In part to correct what seems to be an erroneous belief and in part to counter a false impression that I disagree with EVERYTHING ink says, I will step in here and say the pick does certainly exist. It matters not that your victim has a "potential" to survive said pick or not.

And me thinks there is more than one form of pick as well. A pick of an already engaged victim, a pick of a lumbering bomber, a pick of a lame duck. The ease of which the kill is obtained seems to be the defining factor.

Everyone does it at some time or another, no sense in being ashamed of it unless it is your only means of getting kills. Call it what it is and move on.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2013, 01:41:02 AM »
I know what you are saying...I do...and I even understand it......if you are picked it was YOUR fault.....which I agree with completely......

but it is what it is....a pick.....which in my book is totally different then say...a vulch......

Once again incorrect. In order for something to be a 'pick' as you call it that something would have to be seen the same from two perspectives. First, the pilot doing the shooting, and second, the pilot getting shot. One clearly has his attention focused on something other than the real danger, and so he is tumbleweed blowing in the wind (an easy kill). To say that a 'pick' (tumbleweed) is a 'pick' (as you call it) implies that an easy kill should never be taken.

The term has been so overused that now noobs are calling bnz pilots of every description 'pickers.' This is the same mentality that says HO shots should never be taken, from any angle between 9 and 3 (fore quarter).

Horse hockey! If you go tumbleweed you get shot. There is no such thing as a pick.

EDIT: def. Tumbleweed = A pilot that has lost situational awareness.

So when someone says they got picked what they really mean is they went blind and lost awareness of their surroundings. i.e. They deserved it.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 01:50:28 AM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2013, 03:17:29 AM »
Once again incorrect. In order for something to be a 'pick' as you call it that something would have to be seen the same from two perspectives. First, the pilot doing the shooting, and second, the pilot getting shot. One clearly has his attention focused on something other than the real danger, and so he is tumbleweed blowing in the wind (an easy kill). To say that a 'pick' (tumbleweed) is a 'pick' (as you call it) implies that an easy kill should never be taken.

The term has been so overused that now noobs are calling bnz pilots of every description 'pickers.' This is the same mentality that says HO shots should never be taken, from any angle between 9 and 3 (fore quarter).

Horse hockey! If you go tumbleweed you get shot. There is no such thing as a pick.

So when someone says they got picked what they really mean is they went blind and lost awareness of their surroundings. i.e. They deserved it.

are you seriously this thick headed?

last time.......a pick is when you shoot a baddie of the 6 of another con...whether it be friendly or nme....

not everyone that gets picked "lost awareness" some just don't care....some think they can kill the con before the picker gets there......

to say there is no such thing is like saying there is no such thing as a Vulch.....or a gang bang....or a dogfight....all just words describing certain activities...that are done in a combat flying game........

what you are arguing is pointless....... and to be honest........its hurting my mind thinking down to this level.....

so whatever....im done with you on this topic....before I lose any more intelligence talking to you. 

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2013, 04:03:29 AM »
And yet I think its you that is being thick headed here. Seriously read a book sometime.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: January 06, 2013, 11:15:04 AM »
And yet I think its you that is being thick headed here. Seriously read a book sometime.

pfft

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2013, 01:21:16 PM »

I thought I settled this already, jeez.   :rolleyes:

Ok, I'll tell you again. Your belief is incorrect. As ink already said, you don't have to be unaware that you are about to get picked for it to be called so. You could be in a 5v1 and when one of the 5 finally gets you, you can certainly say you were "picked."

And fyi, BnZ is for the most part a "cherry picking" style of fighting. Of course not all of the players who are best at this style are incapable of fully engaging in a turn and burn fight. The HO comparison is inaccurate as well.

Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2013, 05:01:40 PM »
Of course you two would agree on the victim mentality. Muzik it is obvious from your views on BNZ that you havent got a clue.  :rolleyes:

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2013, 05:11:44 PM »
Of course you two would agree on the victim mentality. Muzik it is obvious from your views on BNZ that you havent got a clue.  :rolleyes:

pfft...offer has been made many times...DA is that way.....but like always you are all mouth....with no backbone. :aok

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2013, 05:55:37 PM »
Ha! Lost the argument and now you want to show how tough you are? Please. . .

By your previously given definition nearly 97% of all kills in the MA are picks. Its nothing more than an excuse.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2013, 06:08:02 PM »
And just to reiterate the point, go watch "Unforgiven" and watch carefully the part where the saloon owner gets killed. It doesnt matter what the 'pickee' was thinking, wanting, or doing if he is in the air he is fair game.

I know why you think like this. Its the same for anyone that comes out of the DA and is still expecting the DA attitude in the MA. We it just isnt so.  So pull your head out and take it like a man.

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2013, 06:37:40 PM »

You sir are the one who is in denial and clueless. As a matter of fact amateur one, there is nothing you could teach me about "fighting" in this game.

I have no "victim mentality" what so ever. I recently defended "picking" in another thread. I see it as it is and make no excuses for it if I do it myself. You on the other hand sound as if picking is the only way you can land kills, hence your struggle to give more credibility to the flying style than it actually deserves. If that is your style, live up to it. Many talented pickers did long before you came along. Your not fooling anyone with your attempts to rationalize it to your extreme any more than when others go to the other extreme and say picking is completely lame and should never happen.

By your previously given definition nearly 97% of all kills in the MA are picks. Its nothing more than an excuse.

As it was in wartime. Live with it, it's a truth and the truth shall set you free.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2013, 07:26:17 AM »
Ha! Lost the argument and now you want to show how tough you are? Please. . .

haha of course I knew that would be your answer.....

and how could I prove I was "tough" by flying a cartoon game?????

that one got me shaking my head........

but it shows how sad you are....you like to think you are good because your score is good......go to DA and I will show you...you are not good at all......just a mouth piece hiding behind his keyboard.

you are like the guy who goes to watch a mma fight and yells insults to the actual fighters about how they cant fight...then go home and beat up 10 year olds to show how much you can fight.

one word.......chump :aok