Author Topic: iPhone 4 headsup  (Read 3670 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
iPhone 4 headsup
« on: December 16, 2012, 10:08:29 AM »
After recent OS update battery lasts for three hours and it gets warm :old:

Delete the email accounts and reinstall, it stops the problem :old:

Appalling really new update cause this  :)
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
Re: iPhone 4 headsup
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 12:17:48 AM »
After recent OS update battery lasts for three hours and it gets warm :old:

Delete the email accounts and reinstall, it stops the problem :old:

Appalling really new update cause this  :)

I haven't updated since right before the iPhone 5 came out. Lucky me :D

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 01:16:41 AM »
Lucky I didnt switch to 6.0 at all due to the map issues.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 02:12:47 AM »
Too many cooks stirring the pot at Apple I think :)

I have been sniffing around this google OS gizmo's, it said on info no anti virus needed :)

The GFC

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 04:22:52 AM »
Too many cooks stirring the pot at Apple I think :)

I have been sniffing around this google OS gizmo's, it said on info no anti virus needed :)

At least Android is riddled with malware apps.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 11:35:03 AM »
At least Android is riddled with malware apps.

and yet I haven't caught one malware app yet.   I'm still waiting on your proof that 15% of the apps are malware.

midway
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 11:53:45 AM »
here we go again  :D

that said something changed the default page on the internet browser on my android 4.1.2, forwarding me to a pr0n site that forced the phone to download an apk package. I cut the process before the download ended and reinitialized my phone on the spot. Scary.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2012, 12:16:09 PM »
and yet I haven't caught one malware app yet.   I'm still waiting on your proof that 15% of the apps are malware.

midway

15% of newly published apps get removed for malware.

You not catching it doesn't mean there aren't any. There are about 2 million Windows viruses and I didn't catch any of them, therefore they don't exist  :rolleyes:

Why don't you do yourself a favor and google a little. http://blog.webroot.com/2012/02/17/report-3325-increase-in-malware-targeting-the-android-os/

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 07:59:44 PM »
15% of newly published apps get removed for malware.

You not catching it doesn't mean there aren't any. There are about 2 million Windows viruses and I didn't catch any of them, therefore they don't exist  :rolleyes:

Why don't you do yourself a favor and google a little. http://blog.webroot.com/2012/02/17/report-3325-increase-in-malware-targeting-the-android-os/

well see the info is given by a company that wants to sell you security programs.  and the misleading part here is that according to them "The majority of malicious applications were found on secondary Android application markets, compared to obtaining them from the primary Android Market".

so I am pretty sure if there was a secondary iphone market it would also be ridden with malware.  but that is just an excuse by apple to lock down their os.  also it's a pretty good excuse for companies to sell you security software.  your claim of 15% malware is misleading mrripley.

btw mrripley do you know you can jaibreak your iphone? and there's also secondary markets that have iphone apps?  which I am pretty sure also has malware, so according to your own reasoning apple does have and can get malware apps.  it's a misleading statement but not different than your 15% claim.

read this I found it funny as hell.

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2012/04/24/mac-malware-study/

midway

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 02:45:02 AM »
well see the info is given by a company that wants to sell you security programs.  and the misleading part here is that according to them "The majority of malicious applications were found on secondary Android application markets, compared to obtaining them from the primary Android Market".

so I am pretty sure if there was a secondary iphone market it would also be ridden with malware.  but that is just an excuse by apple to lock down their os.  also it's a pretty good excuse for companies to sell you security software.  your claim of 15% malware is misleading mrripley.

btw mrripley do you know you can jaibreak your iphone? and there's also secondary markets that have iphone apps?  which I am pretty sure also has malware, so according to your own reasoning apple does have and can get malware apps.  it's a misleading statement but not different than your 15% claim.

read this I found it funny as hell.

http://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2012/04/24/mac-malware-study/

midway

The majority, not all. Of course if Google filters the play store there are going to be less malware infected apps there. But there are known cases where SMS trojans have spread to thousands of users before detected right from the official store.

I'm not dumb enough to start to jailbreak my iPhone and I don't install anything but the most necessary apps on it even from the store obviously.

That Sophos article is a joke - any windows malware that may be found on Mac doesn't affect it at all and originate from windows users. There are less than a handful of known attacks going around for Macs compared to multiple millions for Windows. If a Mac user uses pirated software of course he risks getting infected. But with common sense a Mac is still multitudes safer to use than any windows machine - by using digitally signed apps from the official store and browsing with adblock+noscript.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2012, 04:03:16 AM »
The majority, not all. Of course if Google filters the play store there are going to be less malware infected apps there. But there are known cases where SMS trojans have spread to thousands of users before detected right from the official store.

I'm not dumb enough to start to jailbreak my iPhone and I don't install anything but the most necessary apps on it even from the store obviously.

That Sophos article is a joke - any windows malware that may be found on Mac doesn't affect it at all and originate from windows users. There are less than a handful of known attacks going around for Macs compared to multiple millions for Windows. If a Mac user uses pirated software of course he risks getting infected. But with common sense a Mac is still multitudes safer to use than any windows machine - by using digitally signed apps from the official store and browsing with adblock+noscript.

there it is you just gave the answer to your own misleading statement.  anybody dumb enough to go to a secondary android market has a big risk of getting malware just like anybody dumb enough to get iphone apps from a secondary market would.

your statement that 15% of all android apps are malware is misleading as it also would apply to the iphone based on your own logic.  even your links and my own link which comes from a company that wants to sell you security software backs up my own misleading statement that the iphone is just as being at risk as the android market.  as for my link being a joke, seriously what is different than your own link?  let me post another statement that comes from your link.

"Thankfully, Webroot’s diversified portfolio of market propositions, has already released on the market applications aiming to protect end and corporate users from mobile  threats like the ones covered in Juniper Network’s report"

so does the above statement makes the the information on that link credible or is the information made more to make users think that it's a big problem and they must buy their software in order to be safe.  i think your own statement are made in the same spirit as the y2k the "sky is falling and we are all gonna die" joke.

so unless you have any more misleading links that the android play store has 15% of its apps as malware then you are wrong.  but please feel free to post anymore links to back up your claim.

midway

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2012, 04:04:36 AM »

there it is you just gave the answer to your own misleading statement.  anybody dumb enough to go to a secondary android market has a big risk of getting malware just like anybody dumb enough to get iphone apps from a secondary market would.

your statement that 15% of all android apps are malware is misleading as it also would apply to the iphone based on your own logic.  even your links and my own link which comes from a company that wants to sell you security software backs up my own misleading statement that the iphone is just as being at risk as the android market.  as for my link being a joke, seriously what is different than your own link?  let me post another statement that comes from your link.

"Thankfully, Webroot’s diversified portfolio of market propositions, has already released on the market applications aiming to protect end and corporate users from mobile  threats like the ones covered in Juniper Network’s report"

so does the above statement makes the the information on that link credible or is the information made more to make users think that it's a big problem and they must buy their software in order to be safe.  i think your own statement are made in the same spirit as the y2k the "sky is falling and we are all gonna die" joke.

so unless you have any more misleading links that the android play store has 15% of its apps as malware then you are wrong.  but please feel free to post anymore links to back up your claim.

midway

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2012, 04:19:05 AM »

midway

I said repeatedly that 15% of new apps to Play store get removed for having malware - and some always slip past the checks because Google unlike Apple does NOT preview and digitally sign the apps in the store. The apps are first loaded for distribution, then checked. There is a fundamental difference on how the two companies handle distribution. Android is a wild and open field - iOS is locked and secured. That's why you don't see reports on iOS infections and see loads of reports on Android infections.

But I've had enough of this, you're clearly holding your stance very agressively despite opposing facts and taking this any further would be a waste of my time.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2012, 06:31:46 AM »
 The IPhone 4 is the best phone ever invented :old:

It will never be bettered :old:

The GFC

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 10:46:17 PM »
I said repeatedly that 15% of new apps to Play store get removed for having malware - and some always slip past the checks because Google unlike Apple does NOT preview and digitally sign the apps in the store. The apps are first loaded for distribution, then checked. There is a fundamental difference on how the two companies handle distribution. Android is a wild and open field - iOS is locked and secured. That's why you don't see reports on iOS infections and see loads of reports on Android infections.

But I've had enough of this, you're clearly holding your stance very agressively despite opposing facts and taking this any further would be a waste of my time.

where do you get this information?  I cant find it.  15% of apps with malware?  the link you posted only indicates that the "majority of malware apps are in the secondary markets".  you would think that being a security company they would have mentioned that 15% of play store apps have malware. heck that's how they make their money.

midway