Author Topic: ACM training & 38 Specific training  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Bludy

• Copper Member
ACM training & 38 Specific training
« on: December 17, 2012, 02:10:33 PM »
Available Mon & Wed anytime and Tues & Thurs anytime except 8 - 10 PM EST. Any help would be much appreciated.
     - TheAntiBug -
Jagdgeschwader 11 

www.jg11.org

Offline Tom5572

• Silver Member
Re: ACM training & 38 Specific training
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 12:02:36 AM »
Available Mon & Wed anytime and Tues & Thurs anytime except 8 - 10 PM EST. Any help would be much appreciated.

Bludy, there are a lot of great 38 sticks in this game. Here are some of note because of their ability to talk one through the finer points of the 38. Soulyss and Delirium are two of the best. If you do a search in the help and training boards, some one has one of Del's 38 clinics saved to their squadron web site. It is as good as any as a place to start.

I do not recognize your name, if you are pretty new, keep in mind, the 38 is a very easy plane to fly but also very difficult to master. I have ove a year of flying it, almost exclusively, and am no better than average. If you are in the mains, jump on VOX 138 and look for the 80th. Typically we are flying Knight but do change countries a bit. As a whole we are a bunch of guys who like to litter the landscape with P38 parts.

I wish you good luck with the 38, she is a lovely bird.
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 12:19:17 AM »
Looks like Bludy is one of Shifty's guys judging by the avatar.  I don't spend as much time in the TA as I used to, Del is also by far the better teacher, but I'm happy to try and answer any questions in the MA if you see me on.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2012, 05:36:33 AM »
I have a copy of Dels Clinic if you need it
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Badboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2012, 06:27:13 AM »

Hi Bludy,

I'd like to help but I'm in the UK and 5hrs ahead of you, so the 8 to 10 slot won't work for me.

Are weekends an option?

Regards

Badboy
The Damned (est. 1988)
  • AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Air Warrior Trainer - Retired

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2012, 08:56:22 AM »

You are invited to come wing up with the 113th Lucky Strikes, a long time 12+ years and always a Knight squad flying the P38 in both the attack and fighter mode.  Check out our wiki page.   Come fly on any Saturday evening, we start operations around 7:PM EST.  Vox 113, Late War Arena.  Wing up for a flight or the night.

Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Bludy

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2012, 02:29:10 PM »
Hi Bludy,

I'd like to help but I'm in the UK and 5hrs ahead of you, so the 8 to 10 slot won't work for me.

Are weekends an option?

Regards

Badboy

Hi Badboy, weekends are out, but it's anytime except the 8-10 slot on tues & thur. So, I could do something earlier during the week if you have any open time.

Thanks
     - TheAntiBug -
Jagdgeschwader 11 

www.jg11.org

Offline Bludy

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 02:31:03 PM »
Thanks everybody for the responses. I have the "littering the countryside with 38 parts" pretty much down. Lol I seem to be a natural at that...
     - TheAntiBug -
Jagdgeschwader 11 

www.jg11.org

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 05:11:35 PM »
Ill wing with ya when im on are you still rook?

Im on vox 186
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Badboy

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2012, 12:07:01 PM »
Hi Badboy, weekends are out, but it's anytime except the 8-10 slot on tues & thur. So, I could do something earlier during the week if you have any open time.

Ok, I'm going to check into the Training Arena at 8pm my time everyday for the rest of this week. I think that's 3pm your time.

Regards

Badboy
The Damned (est. 1988)
  • AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Air Warrior Trainer - Retired

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 03:39:30 PM »
Normally, I would handle a 38 request but my joysticks are still at Thrustmaster for repair.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Bludy

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2012, 11:41:26 AM »
Thanks TwinBoom & Badboy, I'll take you both up on that. <S>
     - TheAntiBug -
Jagdgeschwader 11 

www.jg11.org

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2013, 01:17:48 PM »
I have a copy of Dels Clinic if you need it
I'll take it. Always wanted to know how Alda got so fancy
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2013, 03:49:52 PM »
Bludy the P38 is a red icon magnet of which I am sure you know.  It takes time to learn to pick the right fight which is my greatest weakness.  I end up more often than not with a swarm of reds trying to chase me down.  Like you, if they made a pile of P38 pieces, my pile would be taller than any mountain on any AH map.

I had a wonderful training session with Delirum a while back and I am just now able to incorporate most of what he taught me in that one hour but then I am an old dog.  The training session is well worth the time and I am thankful they are people like Delirium that are willing take the time to train folks.  Make sure you record the session and keep it.

I keep the P38J set in fighter mode and the L in attack mode.  You might find that helpful.  I switched to the large ammo load out with separate primary and secondary triggers.  You can tickle a plane at a 1000 yards with the four 50s and you have the ammo to try and get them to make a mistake.  I save the cannon for a sure shot.

I do try other planes.  You might see me in a P47 and on a rare occasion, when the fight demands it, an La7 or P51 but I always end up back with the 38. 

When you master the P38, you will be feared by most.