Author Topic: New Map!  (Read 3684 times)

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
Re: New Map!
« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2012, 08:43:03 AM »
I started it about four years ago, doing a few weeks work on it here and there when I wasn't skinning planes. It has been redone umpteen times to address developments in the game like the strat cities, new terrain systems, the 20% capture rule etc.

Also players have suggested improvements which I implemented, particularly Easyscor who found a lot of bugs in it, Fester who suggested revisions to TT and TDeacon who suggested grouping SPs close together at each base and adding the chains of V bases.

I doubt I'll do another unless there is some addition to the game like bridge bases that would create some new tactical dimension to MA terrain design.

The Sea Hurricane was added after I submitted the terrain, so that's an HTC booboo.  

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2012, 12:29:45 PM »
Best map, so far (only played on it for one day).  The TT seems to work well, with good maneuvering options, and good resistance to base sweeps and attack plane hordes.  Some of my deranged Rook comrades attempted their usual capture-everything-in-TT behavior, but fortunately failed to do so. 

I haven't even tried the chained VBases yet, since TT was so enjoyable.  Great job!!

MH

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2012, 01:56:36 PM »
And it already has been "won".

There I was, hoping for an evening of tank town fun... and MesaView shows up instead  :(

Sytem: A whine has been recorded

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2012, 02:53:14 PM »

There I was, hoping for an evening of tank town fun... and MesaView shows up instead  :(

wonderful, I was going to log in early to get some more time on it. Oh well I guess I watch tv with the wife.

Offline TDeacon

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2012, 02:54:17 PM »

There I was, hoping for an evening of tank town fun... and MesaView shows up instead  :(

I was going to post the same observation.  Perhaps obsolete terrains like Mesaview should be replaced with additional instances (in the rotation) of CraterMA.  

I tried Mesaview for an hour, but the long drives to the GV action, the constant attack aircraft presence, and the flat terrain made it too frustrating. 

MH

« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 02:57:42 PM by TDeacon »

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2012, 03:50:36 PM »
Woulda been nice if we could have had it rerun a few times since it just came out.  I mean, nobody had even started to complain about it yet..  :lol
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2012, 04:04:47 PM »
It is up in the Mid War arena.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2012, 04:50:33 PM »
I thought about it for a day Greebo, I like it. As far as TT is concerned that is great. Let the tankers tank. I don't tank much but on the other hand I don't like spoiling another person's fun. Yes I know I bomb some gvs but that is when there is capture threat outside of TT.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Make TT bases uncapturable-- only wish
« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2012, 06:06:07 PM »

The map's alt scale says the caldera ring is 8k.

The rooks will have the caldera captured by tomorrow morning becasue of this. You will need a strategic bombing initiative to kick them out or accept their dweebishness like with the center island TT on the last map.

Bustr has a valid point.  I believe that all TT vbases should be uncapturable,  :pray especially these.  Nonetheless, HTC and Greebo have earned my admiration for doing such an awesome job in making a great thing even greater.  :cheers:

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2012, 06:56:07 PM »
Had a great time on the CRATER last night.  Thanks Greebo!  PS-Sea Hurricanes need to be enabled on carriers....

This was the only problem with the map, we were missing sea hurricanes.  Hope to see it up next time with updated clouds and sea hurricanes, and mostly I hope to see it again in the rotation soon.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2012, 06:59:58 PM »

Well, you know, maybe if you bombed the Rooks instead of the Knits strats, or asked your countrymen to not roll the map....

-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2012, 07:23:34 PM »
This was the only problem with the map, we were missing sea hurricanes.  Hope to see it up next time with updated clouds and sea hurricanes, and mostly I hope to see it again in the rotation soon.

I fixed the lack of the Sea Hurricane on the CV's this morning.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2012, 08:39:53 PM »
Haven't played it yet but thank you for your efforts   "Greebo" .

:rock

HL
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2012, 09:32:09 AM »
I fixed the lack of the Sea Hurricane on the CV's this morning.

Thank you Sir! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2012, 09:51:04 AM »
Thank you Greebo. Excellent job.  :aok

The way the map is configured, the fighter pilots can engage other fighter pilots.
The bombers can bomb fields, towns, and strats to their hearts content. The GV'ers can duke it out without the bombguys (I had to edit that word).  In TT you see all of the perked rides being used. We have never seen that before.  :rock

The map has a little of everything.

You can tell allot of thought went into the design of the map.

:salute
« Last Edit: December 20, 2012, 09:52:41 AM by Mano »
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)