Author Topic: Would this stop you playing AH?  (Read 2405 times)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
Re: Would this stop you playing AH?
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 02:17:22 PM »
no, i would .report you.

as snailman said, even a single kill a day is too much
now posting as SirNuke

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 02:24:36 PM »
no, i would .report you.

Ahh,I get it, that way he could silently continue to kill you.

HiTech

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 02:27:53 PM »
If friendly collisions and friendly fire were enabled in the MA...

... Would you?

Friendly Fire the way it is now is best in my humble oppion.

Colissions would rock imho provided it was disabled on runways and for a small time after take off. Not done by agl cus i fly and fight at treetop lvl. So using a 25seconds after takeoff grace period would allow a mass raid to spawn and roll without worry. After the 25seconds however.... Well    :neener:

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2012, 02:30:29 PM »
Ahh,I get it, that way he could silently continue to kill you.

HiTech

NINJA!  :bolt:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline -pjk--

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2012, 03:11:08 PM »
10 years ago it was not  a problem.. today no thx..

Not stop my playing, but it would take a lot of time to teach all azzhats to play
Ääliö älä lyö ööliä läikkyy!!

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2012, 03:37:49 PM »
I would love it
-AoM-

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2012, 03:44:04 PM »

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2012, 04:10:25 PM »
This thread is interesting to me because I've been monkeying around in Planetside 2.  The readers digest description of it would be combined arms futuristic combat, tanks infantry and air.  The FM is basically nonexistent, it's very arcadey, wouldn't recommend it from a simmer's perspective at all.  It's somewhat similar to this in that the maps are open world, 3 country, grab what you like and go kill something with it.

Here's the kicker- It has friendly fire and vehicle collisions enabled.

It uses a system where if you FF too much, it locks your guns for x amount of time (haven't actually managed to get mine locked yet, though it's been close a couple times).  Looking at this game on paper, it sounds like FF enabled would be a positively cataclysmic game mechanic.  It's free to play, FPS kiddies abound, and it can have battles involving hundreds of people at a time.

The thing that has me absolutely blown away is, it seems to work pretty decently.  I've been playing for a week or so, and had one instance where a dolt FFed me on purpose just because.  Other than that, the FF incidents I've had were pretty organic, grenade being thrown into a room I was in, people behind me shooting at the enemy in front of me, etc etc.

If I'd known FF was enabled, I'm not entirely sure I would've checked it out because of the reasons listed above, but honestly it isn't the end of the world.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2012, 04:18:30 PM »
If friendly collisions and friendly fire were enabled in the MA...

... Would you?

Nope, but I'd damn sure watch what I'm doing a lot closer.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2012, 04:36:17 PM »
Wiley,

How many hits/how much time does it take to kill you in that game?  A .25 second burst of fire in AH is often fatal even to tough aircraft like the P-47 and F6F.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2012, 04:44:03 PM »
The amount to kill is about the same for infantry.  Air to air is probably 2-3 seconds.  I'm ashamed to admit I haven't gotten to gunning down too many people, just got serious about aircraft last night, and they handle more like arcade helicopters than airplanes.

Whether it's aircraft or infantry though, the point still stands.  I'd have expected to see constant TKing but in my experience it's really not common at all.

It creates some interesting situations too.  Had one last night, an enemy fighter was moving through a canyon, 2 guys were pursuing him and I had been cruising the other way before I saw him.  I went to do a high yo to come around on him as the two guys pursuing him inexplicably pulled up into me.  3 way collision.

edit:  By the by, not particularly advocating for it, I'm just saying I was truly amazed that it didn't result in a completely unplayable cesspool of friendly fire in what I would consider pretty much a worst case scenario.

Wiley.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 04:47:32 PM by Wiley »
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline HL117

• Nickel Member
      • Aircams
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2012, 06:05:35 PM »
At times I play with my sons on the X-box; Halo, COD, other first person shooters etc etc ...... , I like the kill shooter idea of forgiveness - System ask you if you forgive the kill shooter in the text buffer -   you say No, he gets kicked.

+1

HL
Whether you think you can or cannot, you are right!

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2012, 06:43:52 PM »
At times I play with my sons on the X-box; Halo, COD, other first person shooters etc etc ...... , I like the kill shooter idea of forgiveness - System ask you if you forgive the kill shooter in the text buffer -   you say No, he gets kicked.

+1

HL

kicked or banned? for how much time? And it would have not stopped him to kill your 262 at landing with a manned ack
now posting as SirNuke

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2012, 07:06:04 PM »
It could work. Some of the tempo of the game would change. Hitech would have to include into the stats specificly your number of freindly kills and how you killed them to allow for the community to attempt self regulation by lynch mob. The worst case scenario would be a squad mass shooting a targeted player in revenge for bad conduct while being on the same side.

There are a few VOX irritating newbies around who might not get muted anymore and be helped to cancel their subscription. Our flying skills might improve out of self preservation. HTC would have an increased load for dispute arbitration initialy I suspect. But, then thats why the new stat for freindly kills and collisions would be necessary. Over the last 10 years I've heard numerous jests(?) from players that if kill shooter was off and freindly collisions were on they had a few names on their naughty list to get even with. Arbitrate that one HTC.

1. - Hoards would not be as smash and grab if the members all wanted a higher chance to survive their own ineptitiude. Even more organised to account for collisions and freindly fire incidents. But, the first month would be fun to watch from a feild gun as some of them suddenly fell burning and broken from the sky going for those easy kills.

2. - Air to Air fights would loose some of the many ganging the one out of fear of freindly fire and collisions. The muppets might even get more 1v1 action or a taste of superduper runaway sissiness. I can also see less freindly help to clear tails if too many freindly fire and collision accidents happened. I've blown my own parts off a few times helping a freindly becasue he abruptly pulled into me.

3. - No more helping freindly bombers. I got too close chasing a 109 into the bomber stream in a scenario once. The gunners were off leading the 109 by the distance behind him where my P51 was at 450mph.

4. - Oopsies, my hand slipped. Sorry about your perk ride. In the last few months I've been oopsie checked-6 along with oopsie finger slipped shot by freindlies on climbout a number of times. Newbie avoidence for self preservation may be all the rage. Wonder how many shot in the back revenge killings will happen by players getting a two week shade account? Even if your MAC and IP address is the same on the 2 week account as your subscription account. You can lie and tell HTC it was your kid or your younger brother being a dweeb.

5. - Rearm Pads would get interesting after missions.

6. - GV would have to be modeled so depending on the speed of impact you stop, damage or destroy each other. That funky jeep bug hiding inside of tanks would have to go. Freindly bombs, rockets and large caliber air attack and manned cannons should damage or kill freindly GV. I can see GVers switching sides to get revenge with a bomber on some of our better known master tank snipers from the way they screech and abuse the queen's english in the tower.

7. - PT boats\LVT would have to get sunk for being in the way of their CV groups and stop, damage or destroy each other on contact depending on the speed of impact. Freindly ack, bombs, rockets and guns should kill them. And they should be able to kill freindly aircraft by mistake. Oh and CV group ships impacting each other should be catasrophic. Our cruiser is out of guns and our CV is dead. Ramming speed ===========>>>

8. - Manned guns, wirbel, osties and 5 inchers would become a nightmare. Trying to clear a freindlies tail could well assist the enemy. You would be as dangerous to the NOE hoard as to your defending fighters. Heck auto ack should kill everyone exactly the same while only auto targeting the enemy.

9. - A Pilots .45 would be intersting if someone wanted to settle a score with a countryman. Oops I didn't know it was loaded?? Sorrrryyy, how much did that 262 cost you again? Can you scream louder on VOX, I can't heeaaarrr youuuu? teheteheheheheh. Arbitrate that HTC.

It's only fair that it effect all aspects of the game equaly not just air to air combat. After all this is now a land, sea and Air Combat game which we pay $14.95 for up front. Paying up front creates an expectation of contractual outcome versus a "free play" model which you are not as emotionaly connected to via your hard earned cash. Or contractualy only HTC can kick you from the game for any reason. If HTC's servers are in the US then HTC may not be able on a strictly contractual basis for services to allow non-employee players to choose to "forgive or eject" each other if a player has a good contract lawyer. You are not paying HTC $14.95 to allow non-employees to determine your legal status in the game. Accidents are accidents untill premeditative intent can be proven over just being bad at playing the game. IN the end only HTC would be hurt by driving away subscriptions visa the increased arbitration load while you dweebs would find another internet game if the unitended consiquences didn't pan out.

So does HTC turn down credit cards from the parents of preteens to protect us from them and their irate parents when they want to know why their child is being targeted by freindlies while learning the game? Well Mr.&Mrs. Pre-teen parents your child was very clumsy with his joystick so he is being taught a lesson by the adult players he accidentaly shot. Wonder how that would play 10 minutes later on Facebook?

You guys love the easy side of asking questions of this nature and adding on personal preferences from games all over the internet while leaving HTC to be the bad guy by not getting involved to explain the mechanics of all the unintended consiquences that can burn their house down which you convieniently forget to include since it's not your house and this is not those games.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2012, 07:08:55 PM »
that dude killed me 2 times in a row, I'm gonna switch to his country and kill him at landing so he doesn't get name in lights.  :devil
now posting as SirNuke