Author Topic: Modify WWI Offline Practice session  (Read 818 times)

Offline J18Dread

• Zinc Member
Modify WWI Offline Practice session
« on: December 21, 2012, 01:48:37 PM »
I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to develop an offline scenario like the current WWI Offline Practice Session.  What I would like to do is move the action to midway between A2 and A3, reduce the number of drones to 1 and change the characteristic to attack.  The end result would be an orbiting enemy midfield that would have the capacity to provide some challenge.  Since there seems to be the ability to spontaneous re-spawn, there would always be an opponent.  Eventually, I would like to have this 'mission' available online to provide something to do while waiting for someone to join.  Not sure what this would do once the action becomes 'heavy'.  Any thoughts?  Thanks.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
Re: Modify WWI Offline Practice session
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2012, 02:11:06 PM »
Reduce to 1 = Set that particular flight to "solo"

Just change the segment type to "attack"

Just point the route to where you want it...
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline J18Dread

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 10:46:08 AM »
MrKrabs;
Sorry it has taken so long to get back to you, apparently I forgot to check the "Notify me of replies" box.  Where do I find this mission?  Checked the available offline missions and only have the 'bishops & knights' that you created.  Searched the AcesHigh folder for any .mis and found nothing. 

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2012, 08:16:18 PM »
The Bishops and Knights, that is the mission

Offline J18Dread

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 09:10:32 AM »
I guess I did not explain my request well.  What I want to do is change the existing default offline mission.  I am guessing that that is not possible.  Too bad, with a couple 'tweaks' it could be far more useful than it currently is.  Oh well.

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 11:28:05 AM »
I guess I did not explain my request well.  What I want to do is change the existing default offline mission.  I am guessing that that is not possible.  Too bad, with a couple 'tweaks' it could be far more useful than it currently is.  Oh well.

You can make your own just like it, and have a new enemy plane arrive as an air-start at intervals of your choosing.