Author Topic: ALT/TAB keys  (Read 420 times)

Offline Villain

• Zinc Member
ALT/TAB keys
« on: December 23, 2012, 11:51:11 PM »
when i use the Alt/tab to min it works and when i click the icon on tool bar game takes 5 secounds then pops up host lost

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: ALT/TAB keys
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 08:51:51 AM »
Sounds like a combination of a slower computer, and a not so great connection. When you alt/tab out of the game and back in the computer has to shuffle a lot of data back and forth. Along with this it also has to reconnect with the servers and up date the data from them (the game continues on while your away). All that activity takes time. If your not receiving updates/packets from the game regularly the game will disco you.

Best guess, don't alt/tab out of the game.  :D

Also if your having issues with the game post them in the help or technical sections. You'll get more help, quicker.

Offline Villain

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 01:23:45 PM »
3.3 4 core, nvida Gt8600 vid, wind 7, 4 g ram and cable not thinking so

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 01:49:43 PM »

Think what you like, cable can have routing problems too. To check it out download pingplotter HERE. After downloading and installing copy and paste this address in the top box  206.16.60.39 and set it to ping every second for a couple of minutes. Any "red" showing is bad. Paste a screen shot here for more detailed info.

The 8600 video card is the old generation, I changed mine out two cards ago. Also 4 gig or ram is nothing on a Win7 machine. Windows uses up a good chunk of that all by it self. You could run a Dxdiag report and post the first third here. Maybe someone will spot a problem or two in how your rig is set up. If you don't know how to run the report, you can check HERE for instructions.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 04:27:54 PM »

Fugi is correct,I'd like to know how many processes are running in the background.

Likely you're running out of resources or close to it and this is causing the "lost host" message. If you're using the hirez textures and have bump mapping on you are likely over loading the vidcard.

Really you need to post in tech support,include a dxdiag so those in the know can point you at the problem.  If you run pingplot,provide a copy of that also.

:salute

Offline Villain

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2013, 05:47:43 PM »
here is the ping results..all looks good to me what do you thing ?..

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2013, 07:50:24 PM »
For the last few months I've had an awful time alt/tabbing.  When I return to the game it very often freezes, or warps me around to catch up with everyone else.  Often this results in a host connection lost or the game not responding. 

I was using a wireless adapter on my tower that was not very good.  I have since switched (yesterday) to a wired connection and the problem so far has ceased to exist.  Hope that helps.