Author Topic: tired of scumbag manuvers  (Read 8728 times)

Offline Frod

• Copper Member
Re: tired of scumbag manuvers
« Reply #135 on: January 01, 2013, 09:58:45 PM »
Concerning the original post:   There is lots of gun camera footage on the web of target aircraft shot up while on final approach with gear down.   A kill is a kill and it's your 6 o'clock to check before you attempt a landing at a flashing base.    :devil

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #136 on: January 01, 2013, 10:11:15 PM »
 :uhoh
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 10:14:03 PM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: January 02, 2013, 01:49:59 AM »
Concerning the original post:   There is lots of gun camera footage on the web of target aircraft shot up while on final approach with gear down.   A kill is a kill and it's your 6 o'clock to check before you attempt a landing at a flashing base.    :devil

...and in the interests of authenticity the next time your plane explodes in Aces High please leave and never come back. That's what they did in the war.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #138 on: January 02, 2013, 07:23:40 AM »
...and in the interests of authenticity the next time your plane explodes in Aces High please leave and never come back. That's what they did in the war.

lol that seems fair. being in the name of authenticity and all. that "it happened in ww2" excuse is one of the lamest , total babboon excuses in the game. its just an excuse to play dirty. whats sad, is how many others will pat him on the back for gettin a non challenge kill. those are the instant gratification people who have no desire to outfly anyone. my personal opinion is that they are probably sorry like that in real life too. bc i dont think you can just flip a switch and become a dbag ingame, and then log off and go back to the monastery. you are what you are. all AH does is give a place for that sorryness to bud out a little. its practice. the more you are sorry, the easier it is to do. it surely doesnt end when they log off.

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #139 on: January 02, 2013, 08:07:45 AM »
lol that seems fair. being in the name of authenticity and all. that "it happened in ww2" excuse is one of the lamest , total babboon excuses in the game. its just an excuse to play dirty. whats sad, is how many others will pat him on the back for gettin a non challenge kill. those are the instant gratification people who have no desire to outfly anyone. my personal opinion is that they are probably sorry like that in real life too. bc i dont think you can just flip a switch and become a dbag ingame, and then log off and go back to the monastery. you are what you are. all AH does is give a place for that sorryness to bud out a little. its practice. the more you are sorry, the easier it is to do. it surely doesnt end when they log off.

pathetic

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2013, 08:40:30 AM »

And players who switch countries in the game can't be trusted in real life either. They would betray their real country in a hurry as well!  :old:

I think I will compile a list of sideswitchers hand hand it over to the authorities  :salute
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #141 on: January 02, 2013, 10:04:07 AM »
And players who switch countries in the game can't be trusted in real life either. They would betray their real country in a hurry as well!  :old:

I think I will compile a list of sideswitchers hand hand it over to the authorities  :salute

I think you're missing the bigger issue here...  Look at the gameplay in this game.  We fly around in aircraft with guns mounted on them and shoot at other people(!)  Clearly we all need to be locked up because if we do it in the game, we must be like that in real life.  So, I can expect the line to turn ourselves in to start with VuduVee, right?

:aok

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #142 on: January 02, 2013, 04:23:07 PM »
I think you're missing the bigger issue here...  Look at the gameplay in this game.  We fly around in aircraft with guns mounted on them and shoot at other people(!)  Clearly we all need to be locked up because if we do it in the game, we must be like that in real life.  So, I can expect the line to turn ourselves in to start with VuduVee, right?

:aok

Wiley.
you can manipulate my words all you want. i stand by them. you surely get the gist of my post. you are what you are, logging into a game doesnt change jack.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #143 on: January 02, 2013, 04:48:58 PM »
easy one.. b/c badguys landing gear up presents less time the vulcher has to vulch.. take for instance the other night.. I'm landing my wounded plane and Pand swoops down and tries to vulch me landing.. He was actually one of two to make the attempt.. They both fail and I exit and laugh.. Had I landed wheels down I believe pand might have gotten me.. Yup, I think that was the closest Pand has gotten in a long time..  :D

Admit it, you didn't "exit and laugh" you frantically got out, and when you realized you made it you cackled with insane glee like an 11 year old girl on a pixie stick high.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #144 on: January 02, 2013, 05:46:15 PM »
you can manipulate my words all you want. i stand by them. you surely get the gist of my post. you are what you are, logging into a game doesnt change jack.

Yup.  The arena's set up as an all out brawl, you want everybody around you to bend around your precious 1v1 duel.  Clearly everybody else is in the wrong.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #145 on: January 02, 2013, 05:49:48 PM »

At least the side switchers are ready to die for their new country!  Most double agents are wussies and will give up the location of a CV if you just pour a cup of water on their head.  Candyazzes.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #146 on: January 02, 2013, 07:46:01 PM »
pathetic

VuduVee is right in that the 'they did it in the war' b/s is mostly used simply to justify 'scumbag manoeuvres'. All of the hyperbole and straw manning in this thread (where is Mr. Coombz when you need him), some of it from some of the more experienced players cannot deflect the core issue that if you are the second, third or fourth fighter to join a 1 on 1 you are just ganging the opponent to get the kill registered and not providing 'mutual support' as they did in the war or even for the most part helping your team mate. 95% of the time you are helping yourself. Take it from someone who spends most of his time holding the sh*tty end of the '1 vs many' stick. Sometimes I have to laugh to myself as I watch them desperately fall over each other to be the one who gets the 'kill'.

I don't expect a duel in the MA, much of the time I'm looking for a couple to fight at once because it gives them the courage to actually engage rather than stay at arms length posturing while they scrabble for an advantage. The longer my engagements with one or two go, I know it will be shortly a one on three, four, five even, actually there seems to be no upper limit and some of them will HO and zero-risk BnZ you even then. Like my friend Slimmer used to say: like chickens when you throw some grain on the ground. This to my eyes is pathetic to see.

Muzik is right actually 'honour' taken to an extreme is equally absurd and an unrealistic & an impractical proposition. Some of the 'honourable school of thought' players here actually rely on a degree of scumbaggery on the part of their opponents to get a decent fight. Every now and then you are going to 'help' one of these players with an opponent and incur a thorough verbal thrashing. God help your fragile ego if it is someone like BiPoLar, I have witnessed him strip layers of ego protection and self-delusion from a player in minutes and make them leave the arena considering their ways in humiliation & embarrassment.

This state of affairs will not change while there is a higher value placed on the outcome rather than on the actual activity and that is alright. I myself do appreciate and value the diversity that players have regarding motivation and method but as I said previously: let us at least agree to call a spade a spade.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #147 on: January 02, 2013, 07:53:36 PM »
All of the hyperbole and straw manning in this thread (where is Mr. Coombz when you need him), some of it from some of the more experienced players cannot deflect the core issue

:x

new year, same threads eh? :old:  hehe

Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #148 on: January 02, 2013, 07:57:23 PM »
Crikey. Mention his name and he appears  :devil

Happy New Year Mr. Coombz.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #149 on: January 02, 2013, 08:06:27 PM »
What's so bloody happy about it? :( I have been having a fine old time over the holiday season, but I am now back at work  :bhead

All grumpiness aside, happy new year to you too sir, and I hope you and the shida family are doing well ;----)
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.