Author Topic: What Really Grinds My Gears.  (Read 3252 times)

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
What Really Grinds My Gears.
« on: December 26, 2012, 02:03:18 PM »
*Peter Griffin voice enabled*

You know what really grinds my gears? People in the game.

*Peter Griffin voice disabled*

It seems as if nobody but people who've been playing for years actually use ACM in the game. I have noticed that 90% of the people in game are going to 20k, diving on targets that just lift off and then HO you on the way down. They miss and repeat until you die. I see Spitfire MK 8's and 16's doing this. Seriously? Spits were designed to out-turn just about every other plane. What the hell are you picking for? I even see KI-84's doing this stupid series of moves on me. If everybody is at 20k diving on one another what's the point in even fighting when you won't get anywhere? If anyone, and god forbid, gets on the enemies tail he books it out of there as fast as possible. Its like people avoid combat as much just so they can get their 2 kills and name in the lights down in the buffer.

The only reason I can find to use a fighter is to bomb a spawn camp but other than that, nobody engages in some serious combat.

And that, is what grinds my gears.

Rant over.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: What Really Grinds My Gears.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 02:09:24 PM »

You know what really grinds my gears? People in the game.

It seems as if nobody but people who've been playing for years actually use ACM in the game. I have noticed that 90% of the people in game are going to 20k, diving on targets that just lift off and then HO you on the way down. They miss and repeat until you die. I see Spitfire MK 8's and 16's doing this. Seriously? Spits were designed to out-turn just about every other plane. What the hell are you picking for? I even see KI-84's doing this stupid series of moves on me. If everybody is at 20k diving on one another what's the point in even fighting when you won't get anywhere? If anyone, and god forbid, gets on the enemies tail he books it out of there as fast as possible. Its like people avoid combat as much just so they can get their 2 kills and name in the lights down in the buffer.

The only reason I can find to use a fighter is to bomb a spawn camp but other than that, nobody engages in some serious combat.

And that, is what grinds my gears.

Rant over.

I've seen you fly exactly like you described, call the kettle black much?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2012, 02:14:12 PM »
There are fights out there. Agreed they are hard to find sometimes, but they are there. This "group" of players are of the younger generation of game players. They have been brought up on WoW, CoD and now WoT. Games were spawning and running around with guns blazing until you die only to re-spawn and do it all over again. This type of player also breeds hordes and the horde style attack for base captures. They lack any real skills and have really no intention of gaining those skills. They are perfectly happy to die a million times to capture a base or get their name in lights once in a while.

It's their folks $15 so they can do what they want. For those of us looking for a good fight, we have to wallow through the crap some times, but if you look long enough, and hard enough, you'll find them.

Welcome to Aces High!

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2012, 02:17:15 PM »
I've seen you fly exactly like you described, call the kettle black much?

ack-ack

I wont deny doing it on occasion, but I didn't start doing it just because I can. The only times I do it is when i'm in a 5v1 situation or when its done to me repeatedly in a single flight.

I don't do the whole pick, miss and run thing in Spits or Zero's.

There are fights out there. Agreed they are hard to find sometimes, but they are there. This "group" of players are of the younger generation of game players. They have been brought up on WoW, CoD and now WoT. Games were spawning and running around with guns blazing until you die only to re-spawn and do it all over again. This type of player also breeds hordes and the horde style attack for base captures. They lack any real skills and have really no intention of gaining those skills. They are perfectly happy to die a million times to capture a base or get their name in lights once in a while.

It's their folks $15 so they can do what they want. For those of us looking for a good fight, we have to wallow through the crap some times, but if you look long enough, and hard enough, you'll find them.

Welcome to Aces High!

I'm not surprised that its a bunch of kids doing it. What surprises me is the amount of numbers doing it and how often it happens. I got myself and a few buddies to take 2 bases today in 15 minutes, yet it takes a horde 50 minutes to take a single base.

If you ask me, there should be separate arenas for those who will fight for a kill and those who will go around and get one any way possible.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2012, 05:39:14 PM »
When you take off, don't immediately head for the largest red blob, OR the largest GREEN blob. People who are up for actual fights won't likely be in either of those areas
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2012, 06:55:34 PM »
Signed up Sep 2012, yep you are new. Nothings changed over the years, newbs fly in packs - trick is to get better and make 5 actually work to shoot you down, if not take one or two with you.

To whine about it means you end up flying with that big green blob for fear you can't improve. Not everyone has the gonads to take up 5vs1 and dance, most just whine.
JG 52

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2012, 07:35:58 PM »
Signed up Sep 2012, yep you are new. Nothings changed over the years, newbs fly in packs - trick is to get better and make 5 actually work to shoot you down, if not take one or two with you.

To whine about it means you end up flying with that big green blob for fear you can't improve. Not everyone has the gonads to take up 5vs1 and dance, most just whine.

Iv'e been around longer than 2012. Since 2010 really. I just recently re-started my account. Back in 2010/11 there were some that actually had the nads to fight. Now it seems like nobody does.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2012, 07:58:10 PM »

Welcome to Aces High!
:headscratch: :rolleyes:

Completely false statement, borderline retarded statement.

A lot of the BEST sticks in the game are younger guys. Krupnski, RedBull, Spek, Bosco, SunsFan......None of them horde, they play for the fight.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2012, 08:00:50 PM »
Iv'e been around longer than 2012. Since 2010 really. I just recently re-started my account. Back in 2010/11 there were some that actually had the nads to fight. Now it seems like nobody does.
Been playing AH since 2007.....the fights have not changed just the way I approach them.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2012, 08:54:05 PM »
You can find a fight every now and then... but mostly doras and ponys 1 pass and run though!  I seem to see alot more of the fast one pass and run twits these days as opposed to back in the day alot of newer players would fly spits, nikis, and lalas!  Alot of game time wasted with twits that just wont fight unless they have all the adv's and having all the adv's doesnt help them anyway... boring waste of gametime....  oh well.

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline baine1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2012, 09:20:41 PM »
Been playing this game forever and my complaint isn't the folks who won't fight, but the boring amount of time it now takes to fly to a fight. I rarely play anymore because it's become a job to commute to a fight . I spend enough boring time in the car and don't want to spend the same boring time flying through some virtual landscape. I can see why folks, once they get close enough to the enemy, are hesitant about commiting to anything but a guaranteed win. I say move the bases closer, let the folks who want quick, fun fights get them while the folks who want to take the time to climb to alt can still do it if they want to. It might be my imagination, but this game seemed to have a lot more players when you didn't have to fly five minutes to find a fight.

Offline Baine

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2012, 09:22:33 PM »
Yeah, what he said

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2012, 09:22:40 PM »
It might be my imagination, but this game seemed to have a lot more players when you didn't have to fly five minutes to find a fight.

Maybe it's the other way around? ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2012, 09:53:05 PM »
  I beg to differ.  I have been in some pretty good furballs lately.  I will admit that the last couple of weeks, I have had trouble finding a good fight.  But they are out there. 

As for the new folks not using ACM, most of them just haven't learned yet.  Some will never get it, some will.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2012, 10:10:02 PM »
:headscratch: :rolleyes:

Completely false statement, borderline retarded statement.

A lot of the BEST sticks in the game are younger guys. Krupnski, RedBull, Spek, Bosco, SunsFan......None of them horde, they play for the fight.

No matter how good the driver is, they will eventually find themselves in the midst of a horde.  It may not be intentional, but it does happen.  All of the guys looking for fights end up in the mess from time to time.
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com