Author Topic: What Really Grinds My Gears.  (Read 3246 times)

Offline AAJagerX

• Gold Member
Re: What Really Grinds My Gears.
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2012, 10:13:21 PM »
AAJagerX - XO - AArchAAngelz

trainers.hitechcreations.com

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2012, 10:20:17 PM »
:headscratch: :rolleyes:

Completely false statement, borderline retarded statement.

A lot of the BEST sticks in the game are younger guys. Krupnski, RedBull, Spek, Bosco, SunsFan......None of them horde, they play for the fight.

See thats the trouble with the younger generation, they are this "all or nothing" types, and they have poor reading comprehension skills.

Had you read the OP and UNDERSTOOD what he had typed you would have know we were talking about players that HO, and when they lose any advantage run for the deck and basically avoid any type of fight.

As my answer was to his post, you should have understood that when I mentioned "This "group" of players are of the younger generation of game players" that it was a direct referral to what the OP posted, those player types that avoid all fighting.

Now, taking nothing away from those "kids" you mentioned we were NOT talking about them or a good many other players who happen to spend there time fighting in the game. I take exception to your "Completely false statement, borderline retarded statement" statement. Maybe you should let your betters converse here and you go back to what ever rock you hide under these days.  
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 10:22:16 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2012, 12:37:01 AM »
. Maybe you should let your betters converse here and you go back to what ever rock you hide under these days.   
Yea ok big guy

. This "group" of players are of the younger generation of game players. They have been brought up on WoW, CoD and now WoT.

So this doesn't target a group that is between the ages of say....15 to 25?

No matter how good the driver is, they will eventually find themselves in the midst of a horde.  It may not be intentional, but it does happen.  All of the guys looking for fights end up in the mess from time to time.
True very true
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2012, 12:46:14 AM »
No matter how good the driver is, they will eventually find themselves in the midst of a horde.  It may not be intentional, but it does happen.  All of the guys looking for fights end up in the mess from time to time.

Most often because there are no other fights on the map.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2012, 02:33:22 AM »
:headscratch: :rolleyes:

Completely false statement, borderline retarded statement.

A lot of the BEST sticks in the game are younger guys. Krupnski, RedBull, Spek, Bosco, SunsFan......None of them horde, they play for the fight.

That is funny, named 5 out of thousands...yep, completely false statement.  There are only 2 that you listed that I would consider the play for the fight guys...the other 3 may have changed recently...that is possible. 

"BEST" sticks in game though?  Kind of depends on why you play the game on what defines best though...just a thought.
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2012, 03:41:09 AM »
Been playing this game forever and my complaint isn't the folks who won't fight, but the boring amount of time it now takes to fly to a fight. I rarely play anymore because it's become a job to commute to a fight . I spend enough boring time in the car and don't want to spend the same boring time flying through some virtual landscape. I can see why folks, once they get close enough to the enemy, are hesitant about commiting to anything but a guaranteed win. I say move the bases closer, let the folks who want quick, fun fights get them while the folks who want to take the time to climb to alt can still do it if they want to. It might be my imagination, but this game seemed to have a lot more players when you didn't have to fly five minutes to find a fight.

100% I hate the transit time to fights, this is probably why AI deaths get on my nerves so much pws or rad hits from ack. I usually leave a plane on autotakeoff and come back 10 minutes later to start playing.

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2012, 03:56:34 AM »
See thats the trouble with the younger generation, they are this "all or nothing" types, and they have poor reading comprehension skills.

Had you read the OP and UNDERSTOOD what he had typed you would have know we were talking about players that HO, and when they lose any advantage run for the deck and basically avoid any type of fight.

As my answer was to his post, you should have understood that when I mentioned "This "group" of players are of the younger generation of game players" that it was a direct referral to what the OP posted, those player types that avoid all fighting.

Now, taking nothing away from those "kids" you mentioned we were NOT talking about them or a good many other players who happen to spend there time fighting in the game. I take exception to your "Completely false statement, borderline retarded statement" statement. Maybe you should let your betters converse here and you go back to what ever rock you hide under these days.  

Cartoon idea. You sitting at a desk visibly aged. Maybe you would be wearing rose tinted glasses typing on a computer. Also add a chat bubble with the words "back in the day_____" then fill in the blank. In the back ground a window to a open yard with a sign that says keep off the grass.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2012, 04:57:08 AM »
Maybe you should let your betters converse here and you go back to what ever rock you hide under these days.  

:headscratch:
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2012, 06:22:12 AM »
OP you may be have hidden anger toward yourself for getting caught with your pants down.

I know last night, I had a P47N loaded with bombs and rockets, which takes just over a  sector to get to dive bombing altitude.  I had to avoid to some enemy planes on the way by turning away from engagement.  Just before the enemy base, I got lazy and failed to watch my 6 and got shot down just before the base.  I had flash anger for the shooter for taking a cheap shot.  Of course if it wasn't  a cheap shoot, it was an easy shoot I gave to shooter because of my lack of vigilance.

There is a great thread on dealing with planes like high 109s that really helped me deal with the high divers.  I will find it for you and post it. 

By the way it takes a radar radius to get to 8k in a P47M and a bit more to get to get above 300mph so the time to a good battle is perfect.

Found some great furbals last night.

I think it is all about attitude.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2012, 12:31:37 PM »
That is funny, named 5 out of thousands...yep, completely false statement.  There are only 2 that you listed that I would consider the play for the fight guys...the other 3 may have changed recently...that is possible. 

"BEST" sticks in game though?  Kind of depends on why you play the game on what defines best though...just a thought.
That is actually a very good point

But....I'm guessing the "2" are Krup and SunsFan. I know Bosco doesn't play much anymore, nor does Spek. RedBull could be the fastest learning player in the game...one month dude is ok...next month hes giving the best a run for their money.

I'm not going to sit here a name thousands...which is a JOKE because pretty sure the majority in this game are over thirty(Need a Snail) and a thousand would be pushing that line for all the players in Aces High to have a majority.

I'll say this, Fugi talked about hordes and said they stem from the generation who caame up playing COD.....look who leads the hordes in the MA.

Knights horde is normally put together by Jayro.....Don't think he knows what COD is. I can't speak for the Rooks but I know J0ker used to do a lot of horde missions.....he spent too much time in Aces High to even play COD. Older guys starting hordes.....just sayin'
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #25 on: December 27, 2012, 12:56:46 PM »
Yea ok big guy

So this doesn't target a group that is between the ages of say....15 to 25?
True very true

Again, reading comprehension skills. It most certainly does target a group between the ages of 15-25 WHO AVOID FIGHTING. <---- notice the big letters, it means this is important and you seem to keep missing it.

The 5 you mentioned do NOT fit that profile as they do seem to fight (tho I've seen them spend most of their time "picking" I have had a bunch of good fights with Redbull). Do you understand now?

Most of the players who play today (by most I mean more than 50%) are people who play WoW, CoD (call of duty), and now WoT, Diablo, and so on where the object of the game is to fight the same fight over and over again killing goblins, zombies, devils, or any other type of imagined creatures hundreds of times to complete a quest or running away to "build your character up" when you know your not strong enough to win. The fight is un-important because it is just a series of moves.... hammer, hammer, shield, hammer, heal, hammer, collect items, move on to next one.... What is important, is to kill everything.... dieing as often as you kill sometimes... beat the stage bosses then move up the the big boss and win the game.

Can you see how that game play relates to how Aces is played today?

Players today dive into "battle" from 20k to pick, or HO anyone trying to defend the base they are attacking because it is the easiest way to attack. They horde, because it is the only way they can become "stronger/build their character" is by adding numbers, NOT skill. When they run out of "lemmings" they run away to go "build" again. Each player they attack are the "minions" they must wade through to get to the stage boss...the base they are trying to capture, so that they can continue on to the big boss, the "Win da Waz".

Personally I don't care how "they" play. As I said I've had some great fights with Redbull and many others. I will continue to play looking for fights. I'll kill all the lemming that fall in front of my guns long enough for me to hit them, but you have to be an idiot if you can't see the parallels between the "WoW" generation, and those that play this game for the fight.   

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: December 27, 2012, 01:08:28 PM »
So you think more people over 25 stick around and fight than under 25?  
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #27 on: December 27, 2012, 01:14:24 PM »
So you think more people over 25 stick around and fight than under 25?  

I think people over 25 are mature enough to know there is more to the game than just HOin and running and dieing, so yes I'm think more of them stick around and do fight.

Offline skorpx1

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2012, 01:18:49 PM »
I think people over 25 are mature enough to know there is more to the game than just HOin and running and dieing, so yes I'm think more of them stick around and do fight.
This isn't the case with the vGuys who just up in masses, bomb their target, auger into the dirt, re-up then attempt to pick yet auger again.

However I wouldn't think they represent the majority.

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: December 27, 2012, 01:48:03 PM »
*Peter voice enabled*
"What really grinds my gears... ACM! Im talking about that pilot stuff I seem to have left at Quagmires' place. Because for the life of baby jesus I can not shoot barbra strisands giantamoungus arse"
*Peter voice dissabled*

:airplane:~<Deadstik