Author Topic: Proxy Kills?  (Read 552 times)

Offline texasfighter

• Copper Member
Proxy Kills?
« on: December 26, 2012, 04:38:58 PM »
Do you not get perk points for proxy kills? I got what I think was a proxy kill the other day when I was in a tank. We were trying to take a base via the town when the other side upped a lot of planes. Recognizing the danger, I drove my tank into a barn. Several planes tried to either bomb me or shot me with cannon through the doorway. I got a kill on one of them after I shot at him with my pintle gun. At first I thought I actually shot him down with that bb gun. After considering that possibility, I realized it was more likely that he augered and I got a proxy kill. However, I got no perk points for it at all. So do you not get perk points for a proxy kill or is a pintle gun kill not worthy of perk points?

Of course, eventually someone came along with more skill and lobbed a bomb through the doorway of the barn and killed me. So I did not "land" the kill. But I still thought I should have received at least a small fraction of a perk point.

Thanks!
Tex78

"If you wanted a glamor picture to send home you sat in a Mustang, when you wanted to come back from a mission you sat in a Thunderbolt."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Proxy Kills?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2012, 04:44:26 PM »
Proxy kills don't give you any perk points at all (and, for the record, only 1 single 'kill point' for score). If you had actually hit your enemy, even just a single ping, you would have gotten perk points.
Successfully 'landing' your kills gives you a 20% bonus in perk points.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline texasfighter

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 03:39:33 PM »
I had to review the film very carefully to determine what actually happened. A 410 dove and tried to kill me with the 50 mm cannon through the doorway. I pinged him during that attempt. Shortly thereafter, the guy flying the Lancs overhead lost one of his drones that blew up. Why it blew up is a mystery to me. He just turned a little sharp but the other drone was already gone so it wasn't a case where the drones collided. I got the proxy kill for that Lanc. Not long after that, a friendly fighter came in and shot down the 410 that was trying so hard to get me. I got an "Assist" for that since I had pinged him earlier. So it is the 410 that I got the assist on that I thought I should get the fraction of a perk point. But, as I understand it, you don't get any perk points for assists either.

Thanks again for the explanations!

"If you wanted a glamor picture to send home you sat in a Mustang, when you wanted to come back from a mission you sat in a Thunderbolt."

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2012, 03:52:28 PM »
. So it is the 410 that I got the assist on that I thought I should get the fraction of a perk point. But, as I understand it, you don't get any perk points for assists either.

This is correct. Perk points are given only for kills or actually destroyed objects.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Rob52240

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • My AH Films
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 02:11:29 PM »
NO Perk points for YOU!
If I had a gun with 3 bullets and I was locked in a room with Bin Laden, Hitler, Saddam and Zipp...  I would shoot Zipp 3 times.