Author Topic: Arena Etiquette Confusion  (Read 6322 times)

Offline dbh991

• Zinc Member
Re: Arena Etiquette Confusion
« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2012, 05:15:59 PM »
As I said, my plan is to always try to ask my team mate before entering a 1v1.  But I am concerned about making the con mad because he may be enjoying "the best fight of the month" or whatever and I don't want to tick him off.  What is the best way to ask the con if he is OK with me entering the 1v1?  I'm not very familiar with the various radio options.  If my team mate says OK but the con says no I assume I should stay out.  Thanks.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: December 31, 2012, 05:17:55 PM »
As I said, my plan is to always try to ask my team mate before entering a 1v1.  But I am concerned about making the con mad because he may be enjoying "the best fight of the month" or whatever and I don't want to tick him off.  What is the best way to ask the con if he is OK with me entering the 1v1?  I'm not very familiar with the various radio options.  If my team mate says OK but the con says no I assume I should stay out.  Thanks.

simple..... if it is a 1vs1....dont interfere....dont ask.....just go find another nme, there are more then enough to go around.

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: December 31, 2012, 05:38:08 PM »
If the friendly asks for help then go ahead. If it ticks off the enemy it's your friendly's fault that he asked for help.
You can ask on 200 if you're really worried about it but not everyone tunes 200

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2012, 05:47:59 PM »

If your team mate asks for help why would you care about ticking the other guy off? He's your team mate, in a team game, in a team arena.

Asking in the middle of a fight throws off the fight many of the times anyway. Unless someone has a typist to answer you.

Like they say, this is just a game, so why do they get so P O'd for getting jumped in a game BUILT AROUND GANG WARFARE? Question their motives more, worry less.
Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2012, 06:13:37 PM »
Really, whenever I see people trying to defend the hoarding, and the picking, all I see is a guilty conscience. "Expect it to happen, you're in the MA" only means "I feel like I have the right to interupt your fun", no more and no less.

Sorry Tank, but that's BULL PUCKY.

What your telling others is, screw your friends or countrymen, let them die if they can't hack it.

So why don't we all just get in a conga line for Bruv? Forget about anything that resembles anything close to a real dogfight from WW2.

Bruv- "NEXT"
cha cha cha
Bruv- "NEXT"
cha cha cha
Bruv- "NEXT"
aye aye aye

This game is an air combat game CHRISTS SAKE. If I ever wanted a 1v1 I ASKED on 200 if anyone wanted to duel. I cant tell you how many times I GOT NOTHING. For hours no responses. No one wanted to duel. Including most of the guys who are here talking about how much they live for the 1v1.

And now your telling me I got to feel guilty about jumping a 1v1 in the main arena? BULL PUCKY

Let me make this clear. I don't make a habbit of intruding on 1v1's, but Ill be dammed if I'm going to take crap for it on the occassion that I do. IT'S the FLUFFIN MAIN ARENA. THE ONE THEY MADE TO GIVE US AN EXPERIENCE SOMETHING REMOTELY, BUT NOT QUITE, BUT KINDA, BUT IN YOUR DREAMS, LIKE WW2.

Scenarios may be great, but they are frequently too limited by schedule and time constraints. There are supposed to be no rules in the MA, so whyT.F. do I have to follow the asinine rules set by players too lazy to just ask for duels and go to the DA for their fun, WHERE THE GAME DEVELOPERS MADE SPECIAL RULES FOR THIS EXACT PROBLEM?

In closing, please stop making me feel guilty. Honestly, there might be tears.

Fear? You bet your life...but that all leaves you as you reach combat. Then there's a sense of great excitement, a thrill you can't duplicate anywhere...it's actually fun. Yes, I think it is the most exciting fun in the world. — Lt. Col. Robert B. "Westy" Westbrook, USAAF 6/<--lol@mod

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #80 on: December 31, 2012, 06:38:03 PM »
The most fun, by far, that I have is in a many on many brawl.  That said, a lot of people seem to think one vs one is where the fun is so I like to ask before jumping in.

The only time I really get annoyed is when I am about to bag my opponent in a one on one after having drained his E only to have a friendly "help" me by clearing my twelve.  I don't say anything, but it sometimes annoys me.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline dbh991

• Zinc Member
« Reply #81 on: December 31, 2012, 06:50:08 PM »
The only time I really get annoyed is when I am about to bag my opponent in a one on one after having drained his E only to have a friendly "help" me by clearing my twelve.  I don't say anything, but it sometimes annoys me.
What if your opponent is about to bag you but then one of your friendlies jumps in and takes him out?  Doesn't that ruin his enjoyment of the "perfect" 1v1 fight as well?  Many have told me that winning the war is not the main purpose of this game, having fun is most important.  So what about the "fun" of the con?  Is it to be respected any less than the green plane?

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #82 on: December 31, 2012, 06:56:42 PM »
What if your opponent is about to bag you but then one of your friendlies jumps in and takes him out?  Doesn't that ruin his enjoyment of the "perfect" 1v1 fight as well?  Many have told me that winning the war is not the main purpose of this game, having fun is most important.  So what about the "fun" of the con?  Is it to be respected any less than the green plane?
I imagine it does.

One concession I have always made to my enemies is to bail as soon as I was sure I couldn't save my crippled aircraft so that the guys to tried to score kills off of falling wrecks couldn't deprive them of the kill.  That isn't as much an issue since the change to kill awarding, but back in the day parasites were a real problem.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2012, 07:05:07 PM »

I know you are quoting karnak but to answer your question...NO

if my nme has earned his kill, I get just as aggravated if someone comes in and picks him.....

I am not a dedicated 1vs1 guy by any means.....I just care about fighting and engaging in combat...to me that is what the game is about.....and it seems the way it is setup....thats what the game is about....and seeings how I read the same words from the creator himself........

I have tried all the other flying combat games.....AH is the best there is, because of how HTC set it up.....WW2 online is very different then AH....but many try to make it like that.....don't listen to them......

also dont listen to the ones that say Honor and respect is not part of AH and they even say it is "silly"

that just tells me they do not have Honor or respect in life.....don't let them drag you down to their level....and yes I say DOWN to their level on purpose.

I imagine it does.

One concession I have always made to my enemies is to bail as soon as I was sure I couldn't save my crippled aircraft so that the guys to tried to score kills off of falling wrecks couldn't deprive them of the kill.  That isn't as much an issue since the change to kill awarding, but back in the day parasites were a real problem.

you mean to say NO I am sure......reread the last question...... :D

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2012, 07:08:25 PM »
Sorry Tank, but that's BULL PUCKY.

What your telling others is, screw your friends or countrymen, let them die if they can't hack it.

So why don't we all just get in a conga line for Bruv? Forget about anything that resembles anything close to a real dogfight from WW2.

Bruv- "NEXT"
cha cha cha
Bruv- "NEXT"
cha cha cha
Bruv- "NEXT"
aye aye aye

This game is an air combat game CHRISTS SAKE. If I ever wanted a 1v1 I ASKED on 200 if anyone wanted to duel. I cant tell you how many times I GOT NOTHING. For hours no responses. No one wanted to duel. Including most of the guys who are here talking about how much they live for the 1v1.

And now your telling me I got to feel guilty about jumping a 1v1 in the main arena? BULL PUCKY

Let me make this clear. I don't make a habbit of intruding on 1v1's, but Ill be dammed if I'm going to take crap for it on the occassion that I do. IT'S the FLUFFIN MAIN ARENA. THE ONE THEY MADE TO GIVE US AN EXPERIENCE SOMETHING REMOTELY, BUT NOT QUITE, BUT KINDA, BUT IN YOUR DREAMS, LIKE WW2.

Scenarios may be great, but they are frequently too limited by schedule and time constraints. There are supposed to be no rules in the MA, so whyT.F. do I have to follow the asinine rules set by players too lazy to just ask for duels and go to the DA for their fun, WHERE THE GAME DEVELOPERS MADE SPECIAL RULES FOR THIS EXACT PROBLEM?

In closing, please stop making me feel guilty. Honestly, there might be tears.

It is a fact that you WILL get flamed sometimes if you intrude on a 1v1, and general rule of thumb is to stay out. Especially if it's a pilot like Ink, Bruv, Debrody, pervert, scotch, etc etc etc the list goes on, they're all great/reputable pilots who will probably not need help in a 1v1, and even if they do need help - they don't want it.

here's how I go about it: STAY OUT unless the other person asks for help, and even then - if I know the pilot - I will probably stay out until he dies.

PS: the same goes for me - if I was having a great random 1v1 in the MA and you barged in and killed him, I'd be angry - I'd probably climb up and wait/watch you die so I could hope find the guy again, or find a way to get you killed lolz
yeaaaa, im a sweetheart sometimes when people do that stuff  :lol  :D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 07:10:06 PM by RedBull1 »
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2012, 07:17:39 PM »
also dont listen to the ones that say Honor and respect is not part of AH and they even say it is "silly"

Honor and respect means playing the game according to the rules set out BY THE DEVELOPERS in that arena. You guys are making up your own rules. If you ask me, I'll stay out. End of story.

It is a fact that you WILL get flamed sometimes if you intrude on a 1v1, and general rule of thumb is to stay out. Especially if it's a pilot like Ink, Bruv, Debrody, pervert, scotch, etc etc etc the list goes on, they're all great/reputable pilots who will probably not need help in a 1v1, and even if they do need help - they don't want it.

here's how I go about it: STAY OUT unless the other person asks for help, and even then - if I know the pilot - I will probably stay out until he dies.

PS: the same goes for me - if I was having a great random 1v1 in the MA and you barged in and killed him, I'd be angry - I'd probably climb up and wait/watch you die so I could hope find the guy again, or find a way to get you killed lolz
yeaaaa, im a sweetheart sometimes when people do that stuff  :lol  :D

Let them, flame away. And you'd have a long wait to see me get killed by 'em.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #86 on: December 31, 2012, 07:19:28 PM »

Let them, flame away. And you'd have a long wait to see me get killed by 'em.
I'm sure I would, those 8.4 seconds would just drag by  :rofl
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline muzik

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: December 31, 2012, 07:24:32 PM »
I'm sure I would, those 8.4 seconds would just drag by  :rofl

LOL

You'll see some day youngin.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #88 on: December 31, 2012, 08:00:04 PM »

LOL

You'll see some day youngin.

Nice!  MUZIK meet Redbull, Redbull, this is MUZIK.  If MUZIK decides someday to comeback, you both will get allllllll you want 1 v 1.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2013, 12:00:37 AM »

An excellent guide, easy to remember.  I agree.

- oldman