Author Topic: Arena Etiquette Confusion  (Read 6363 times)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
Re: Arena Etiquette Confusion
« Reply #120 on: January 03, 2013, 08:50:19 AM »
That's it, I am now at retard event horizon. Just one more 'Midway' on this forum and I'm off!  :old:
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline VonMessa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #121 on: January 03, 2013, 08:53:28 AM »
That's it, I am now at retard event horizon. Just one more 'Midway' on this forum and I'm off!  :old:

Ignore, ignore, ignore  :aok

It is a wonderful tool   :D
Braümeister und Schmutziger Hund von JG11

We are all here because we are not all there.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #122 on: January 03, 2013, 09:24:06 AM »
you are as irritating as "who"

Wow... I don't stand up for who very often... but I feel you have gone too far here...  who spends hours in the kitchen creating works of troll art, where as Grayclif pops open the Double Charbroil With Cheese bag at the Phillips 66 and sets phasers on stupid for ~60 seconds longer than the package recommends.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: January 03, 2013, 10:17:30 AM »
Wow... I don't stand up for who very often... but I feel you have gone too far here...  who spends hours in the kitchen creating works of troll art, where as Grayclif pops open the Double Charbroil With Cheese bag at the Phillips 66 and sets phasers on stupid for ~60 seconds longer than the package recommends.

:rofl :rofl

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: January 03, 2013, 10:36:29 AM »
Graycliff may be the only player I ever wanted to slap in real life, he's just THAT annoying and full of hot air to boot.
now posting as SirNuke

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #125 on: January 03, 2013, 10:45:23 AM »
Graycliff may be the only player I ever wanted to slap in real life, he's just THAT annoying and full of hot air to boot.
AND...he refers to himself in the third person :bolt:
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #126 on: January 03, 2013, 10:47:48 AM »
AND...he refers to himself in the third person :bolt:

:lol

I always thought that was the only thing he does that's funny.  Then again, I found the Seinfeld episode addressing third person speech hilariously funny.   :headscratch:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: January 03, 2013, 11:08:47 AM »
If the hallowed 1v1 is so special
Your feelings seem clear by this statement

then why don't those who cherish them so much just schedule them in advance and go to the DA or TA?
Well, the intensity of not expecting a white knuckle experience in the MA is exactly what is so special about it...  it happens when you least expect it, which is another reason why it is so special....  it's generally different planes, another reason its special.. it's not set up, another reason its so special...  it's what many old sticks play for, a different kind of adrenaline rush that doesn't happen in the DA or the TA...  you see?
it's no problem to ask, I do it all the time, as well as many others who have been playing for awhile...

most of these sticks that came on here talking "MA its red its dead, screw what they think" only say that because they aren't very good in 1 vs 1's, and are jealous of those that are... it makes them feel a little less, so they disrespect it all the way around, and then try to justify themselves by their stance on the issue... it's a very weak stance, and not at all a good way to treat a friendly!  No different than shooting at a wingless plane to try and steal a kill from a friendly... no difference indeed!

bottom line is it takes little effort to ask, and respect the response... don't worry, many many many many, will say, "Yes, please kill this guy for me"!!

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #128 on: January 03, 2013, 11:14:07 AM »
People that say "If you want a 1v1 go to the DA" must not get to the DA much.

Offline blazer65

• Copper Member
« Reply #129 on: January 03, 2013, 11:34:45 AM »
People that say "If you want a 1v1 go to the DA" must not get to the DA much.

Depends if you are talking about the clealy labeled "Furballing" area, or the dozens of other empty bases that are specifically designed for dueling.

If you go to the Furball lake looking for 1v1 without asking, you will be dissapointed.

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #130 on: January 03, 2013, 11:45:31 AM »
Depends if you are talking about the clealy labeled "Furballing" area, or the dozens of other empty bases that are specifically designed for dueling.

If you go to the Furball lake looking for 1v1 without asking, you will be dissapointed.

If someone is telling someone else "If you want a 1v1, go to the DA" then they are - by default - referring to the Furballing area.

If someone is INVITING you to the DA if you want a 1v1, well that is a different story.

Offline blazer65

• Copper Member
« Reply #131 on: January 03, 2013, 11:57:29 AM »
If someone is telling someone else "If you want a 1v1, go to the DA" then they are - by default - referring to the Furballing area.

If someone is INVITING you to the DA if you want a 1v1, well that is a different story.

Respectfully disagree.  I know what you are saying, that most people who go into the DA randomly looking for a duel, just end up going to the Lake and start flying, and wont find any 1v1's going on(because the lake is not for 1v1's).  But you can go into the DA and just ask if anyone there wants to duel, also.  I see it often.  Someone might say "Yes, I'll duel.", and they decide on a field and go at it.

However, most people in the DA really are there for the furball only, and dont have any desire to 1v1, so you cannot always find a 1v1 in the DA even if you want to.

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #132 on: January 03, 2013, 12:06:30 PM »
Geez, his comment sucked extraordinary badly...
Guessing, Skuzzy's warning wasnt enough for him - still being that cocky, even using the royal plural...
This is going to be INteresting.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #133 on: January 03, 2013, 12:42:40 PM »
In other words you chose to hear that wich inflates your ego, and ignore those that tell you when you're negatively affecting their gameplay.  Very symptomatic of affliction that affects you so greatly.

Actually, like Nrshida has been recently in his evaluation of me, you too are off the mark here.  Ego has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:  Why must you assume some sort of "affliction"?  :frown:

Instead, I tend to follow the golden rule "Treat others as you would want them to treat you". :)

If I'm in an MA 1v1, I enjoy the additional challenge of a 2nd or 3rd jumping in.  The MA is all about the excitement of variety and difficulty for me.  I can always follow up with dozens of 1v1s in the DA private fields if that's my idea of fun.  :aok

If the 2nd is on my side and asks first, I will answer honestly depending on the situation assuming I can talk which is often not the case.   If I can't talk and unable to type, I, by default, let them decide if they want to jump in and always respect their decision.  You'll never hear me complain because someone was trying to help me win a fight. :aok

If they ask if I want help and I say "No thanks, I got it." and they then jump in anyway, I respect their decision as well since they may know something I don't, like another bad guy is coming or they need one more kill to get their diamond ace achievement, or my mic wasn't working, or i pushed the wrong mic button, etc.   Again, I can always go follow up in the DA if I want private 1v1s. :aok

There are many situations and many outcomes to an MA 1v1, but my following the golden rule and respecting the decision of others never gets me upset and very often results in great fights. Inflating my ego has no part in it...as I often lose the 2 or 3 v1s.  :joystick:

You can't always assume somebody can talk (they may be unable), or listen (they may be unable), so use your best judgement.   Sometimes you'll be wrong, but most often you'll make the right decision. :)

Consider the golden rule to help in these matters. :old:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 12:44:26 PM by Midway »

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #134 on: January 03, 2013, 12:49:03 PM »
Instead, I tend to follow the golden rule "Treat others as you would want them to treat you". :)
You you want to be continously annoyed and taunted? Youre such a masochist, dude.
AoM
City of ice