Author Topic: Arena Etiquette Confusion  (Read 6362 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Arena Etiquette Confusion
« Reply #135 on: January 03, 2013, 12:56:05 PM »
You you want to be continously annoyed and taunted? Youre such a masochist, dude.

If someone wants to do that, for example Arm sent me over a dozen check six's in a row the other day, HTC provides a great feature called squelch.  :aok

I don't squelch often, but when I do it's usually someone cursing excessively or sending repeated check six's with no con on me. :rolleyes:

I would never do either as I tend to follow said golden rule. :angel:

:)

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Grayclif

• Copper Member
« Reply #136 on: January 03, 2013, 01:00:45 PM »
Debrody,

What warning are you referring to? And what do you find interesting? Challenging The Grayclif to a duel and then having Grayclif accept only to blow you out of the sky whilst you go whine to the admin about it? You like to trash talk, but when you lose, you go and report people who are better skilled? I received no warnings. The Grayclif can trash talk, and he can also back it up with over a decade of AH experience.

Now, go about your business, as your meeting with the Grayclif will occur in the MA or DA soon enough..

Hail

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: January 03, 2013, 01:06:04 PM »

^^

The moron twins.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #138 on: January 03, 2013, 01:23:21 PM »
I don't know I think they are kinda cute.

Can we keep one???   :pray
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: January 03, 2013, 01:31:14 PM »
I don't know I think they are kinda cute.

Can we keep one???   :pray
only if you spay them
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: January 03, 2013, 02:03:30 PM »
Actually, like Nrshida has been recently in his evaluation of me, you too are off the mark here.  Ego has nothing to do with it. :rolleyes:  Why must you assume some sort of "affliction"?  :frown:

Instead, I tend to follow the golden rule "Treat others as you would want them to treat you". :)

If I'm in an MA 1v1, I enjoy the additional challenge of a 2nd or 3rd jumping in.  The MA is all about the excitement of variety and difficulty for me.  I can always follow up with dozens of 1v1s in the DA private fields if that's my idea of fun.  :aok

If the 2nd is on my side and asks first, I will answer honestly depending on the situation assuming I can talk which is often not the case.   If I can't talk and unable to type, I, by default, let them decide if they want to jump in and always respect their decision.  You'll never hear me complain because someone was trying to help me win a fight. :aok

If they ask if I want help and I say "No thanks, I got it." and they then jump in anyway, I respect their decision as well since they may know something I don't, like another bad guy is coming or they need one more kill to get their diamond ace achievement, or my mic wasn't working, or i pushed the wrong mic button, etc.   Again, I can always go follow up in the DA if I want private 1v1s. :aok

There are many situations and many outcomes to an MA 1v1, but my following the golden rule and respecting the decision of others never gets me upset and very often results in great fights. Inflating my ego has no part in it...as I often lose the 2 or 3 v1s.  :joystick:

You can't always assume somebody can talk (they may be unable), or listen (they may be unable), so use your best judgement.   Sometimes you'll be wrong, but most often you'll make the right decision. :)

Consider the golden rule to help in these matters. :old:

Part of your affliction is that you just contradicted your "other self", completely. 
Who is John Galt?

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #141 on: January 03, 2013, 02:30:48 PM »
Part of your affliction is that you just contradicted your "other self", completely.  

Off the mark again, as there is no "other self".  I am just me, myself, and I -- the one and only self.  To say there is another self is an oxymoron.   :rolleyes:

A self is a self and can not be two selfs.  :old:

:)

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #142 on: January 03, 2013, 03:52:41 PM »
Just because you can't see beyond your own limits doesn't mean it's not there.
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: January 03, 2013, 04:11:25 PM »
That's it, I am now at retard event horizon.

:rofl
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: January 03, 2013, 04:23:10 PM »
Just because you can't see beyond your own limits doesn't mean it's not there.

Self = Self, just as A = A.  To say there are two selfs in a self is not rational.  Are you rational, nrshida? :huh

If not, that may splain you being so off the mark recently. :headscratch:

Irrationally chasing nonexistent hidden selfs is not the way, nrshida and vinky. :old:

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #145 on: January 03, 2013, 04:40:54 PM »
Midway, don't try to lock horns with me intellectually, you'll sprain yourself.

You cannot see past your own rather ill-focussed insight*. You are one entity that is true, but how you perceive yourself, and how the rest of the community perceives you are two different things. Unfortunately for you the latter is closer to reality.

*It would be trivial to compile a convincing list of evidence.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #146 on: January 03, 2013, 04:48:42 PM »
Midway, don't try to lock horns with me intellectually, you'll sprain yourself.

You cannot see past your own rather ill-focussed insight*. You are one entity that is true, but how you perceive yourself, and how the rest of the community perceives you are two different things. Unfortunately for you the latter is closer to reality.

*It would be trivial to compile a convincing list of evidence.

Shida, may I?

Perception becomes reality.  He perceives himself seriously.  We perceive him as a roothugger.  We're both right, yes?

"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: January 03, 2013, 04:54:12 PM »
Midway, don't try to lock horns with me intellectually....

It wouldn't be a fair fight, would it?  Kinda like you vs my mighty Spitfire. :joystick:

There is only one reality and some of us perceive it more accurately than others, huh?  :)

Being off the mark frequently indicates misperception and possibly delusion. :old:
I have been off the mark, on occasion. :old:
Practice can improve one's aim. :old:
Nrshida is fun to fight.  :banana:
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 05:13:39 PM by Midway »

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #148 on: January 03, 2013, 04:54:43 PM »
Shida, may I?

Perception becomes reality.  He perceives himself seriously.  We perceive him as a roothugger.  We're both right, yes?

No.  :)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #149 on: January 03, 2013, 05:32:22 PM »
It wouldn't be a fair fight, would it?  Kinda like you vs my mighty Spitfire. :joystick:

Oh your mighty Spitfire, yes the one which goes up, chops power and pops flaps, then tucks under for the face shot, you mean that mighty Spitfire? If you didn't have that one trick Midway, the one you must have practised at least 5000 times, then you'd have no technique at all. It is, or rather was (until you've seen it once), a fairly effective technique. Does of course rather keep you in that Spitfire forever though doesn't it?  :rofl

We've fought twice in the last year, both fights before Christmas. Both you had an energy advantage. In the first I pressed a cheeky position and got trapped by your above mentioned uber technique. That's fair enough, nothing ventured nothing gained.

The second fight I was low off the water and you had significant advantage. The outcome was rather humiliating for you though wouldn't you admit? All that advantage only for you to get reversed and shot like a two week noob. Right in the cockpit too. I think I put at least 5 20-mm though your head, unfortunately I still missed your brain. How embarrassing. Interestingly, in keeping with the current theme of you distorting reality, in your head you seem to amplify the first fight and suppress the second.

There is only one reality and some of us perceive it more accurately than others, huh?  :)

I can illustrate you distort reality to protect an insecure and fragile ego, shall I give it a go for you? It'll hurt though.

Shida, may I?

Please do, stand by though for the most withering rebuttal you will have ever encountered in your life and which Midway perceives as a logical argument:-

Midway > Changeup

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-