Author Topic: January '13 KOTH and Official 2012 wKOTH and TOC information.  (Read 2759 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
January '13 KOTH and Official 2012 wKOTH and TOC information.
« on: January 01, 2013, 01:32:24 PM »
New month and new year so here comes January 2013 KOTH information and more importantly to some, the official 2012 KOTH Tournament Of Champions news.

Regular and only remaining KOTH, FriKOTH, will be held Fryday 18 January 2013 @5PM EST in SEA2 with first plane the Ki-84-Ia.

Saturday 12 January 2013 will see the 2012 wKOTH and TOC. Both of these are invitation ONLY events. I generally allow spectators to watch as CM Eye is enabled IF and ONLY IF they do not disrupt the event in any way, and that's at my discretion.

wKOTH will lead off the day starting at 1PM EST on 12 January 2013 in SEA2 with the Bf 109G-6 being the first crate.
Those invited to the wKOTH are: wKOTH: blukitty, Google, MickyD, MK84, pattonjr, Quendian, SCOTCH, SFOX, Skifurd, SunsFan, TC, VlPER.

The Tournament Of Champions will follow at 4PM EST on 12 January 2013 in SEA2 with the Fw 190D-9 the first ride.
Those invited to the TOC are: TOC: Bruv119, Debrody, DeJaVu, DrBone, Fester, HiTech, JETSOM, JOACH1M, JunkyII, Krupnski, Loser, MegaDave, pervert, RedBull. Sukov, VaIen, Yahoo, yarbles, 1CEMAN.

Unbolded names have indicated they will not attend the event and of course the winner of the wKOTH advances into the TOC.

We are back into the 'desperate need of KOTH CMs' mode again. If interested contact fuzeman for more information.

Click for more information about King Of The Hill.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2013, 01:53:48 PM by fuzeman »
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: January '13 KOTH and Official 2012 wKOTH and TOC information.
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 08:04:55 PM »
We still have no cloud file for koth08. I'm still begging for one though.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

Offline VIPER

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2013, 07:55:53 PM »
New month and new year so here comes January 2013 KOTH information and more importantly to some, the official 2012 KOTH Tournament Of Champions news.

Regular and only remaining KOTH, FriKOTH, will be held Fryday 18 January 2013 @5PM EST in SEA2 with first plane the Ki-84-Ia.

Saturday 12 January 2013 will see the 2012 wKOTH and TOC. Both of these are invitation ONLY events. I generally allow spectators to watch as CM Eye is enabled IF and ONLY IF they do not disrupt the event in any way, and that's at my discretion.

wKOTH will lead off the day starting at 1PM EST on 12 January 2013 in SEA2 with the Bf 109G-6 being the first crate.
Those invited to the wKOTH are: wKOTH: blukitty, Google, MickyD, MK84, pattonjr, Quendian, SCOTCH, SFOX, Skifurd, SunsFan, TC, VlPER.

Unbolded names have indicated they will not attend the event and of course the winner of the wKOTH advances into the TOC.

I will not be able to be there for this "wKOTH" event, fuzeman, sir!

I wish good luck to all participants involved in this wKOTH and then in the KOTH TOC!   post films please!

We are back into the 'desperate need of KOTH CMs' mode again. If interested contact fuzeman for more information.

Click for more information about King Of The Hill.

I hope someone steps up and helps fuzeman with the KOTH CM dutys.   fuzeman, sir, I will send you a pm regarding hopefully being able to become a "KOTH CM" for Saturday koth events

hope this event never dies

Viper
in game gameid:Viper

~~Avid KOTH Participant~~
also known as TC of the Damned

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 07:06:40 PM »
Thanks for info, unbolded.
<snip>

The Tournament Of Champions will follow at 4PM EST on 12 January 2013 in SEA2 with the Fw 190D-9 the first ride.
Those invited to the TOC are: TOC: Bruv119, Debrody, DeJaVu, DrBone, Fester, HiTech, JETSOM, JOACH1M, JunkyII, Krupnski, Loser, MegaDave, pervert, RedBull. Sukov, VaIen, Yahoo, yarbles, 1CEMAN.

<snip>

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2013, 01:15:01 PM »
We still have no cloud file for koth08. I'm still begging for one though.

Good news  :) We have clouds  :D  68falcon stepped up and made the KOTH Team and KOTH players some clouds. Give him a Thank-you when you see him.

They are different from the old ones though and we knew there would be changes as there are with all new editors.

They seem to be thicker which will reduce or eliminate that blinding sun in the eye thing. We'll have to see how bright clouds work in the event, they looked great on a solo flight.
There is however a small gap between 6,000 feet altitude and the beginning of that cloud layer. We will have to adjust the 6k hard cap some but not much.

We will still have the 6k hard cap rule in place AND wind will start at max updraft AT 6k. Clouds are very apparent at about 6,050.
If you are fighting and go above 6,000 and DO NOT enter the clouds you will be allowed to continue.
If you are fighting and go above 6,000 and ENTER the clouds you will be disqualified and asked to bail and end flight.
You will be grounded if you do not end flight.
Again though, wind will still start right at 6k and push you up into those disqualifying clouds.

This is along the same line or logic that I use when I use the radar circle as our distance boundry opposed to the map's crater walls.

Feel free to state your opinion or comments.

Offline VIPER

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 05:31:27 PM »
Thanks 68falcon for fixing the clouds for the KOTH players, much appreciated, Sir!

Viper
in game gameid:Viper

~~Avid KOTH Participant~~
also known as TC of the Damned

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 05:33:54 PM »
Heya fuzeman....  sounds like it all will work just fine.....  thank you falcon for bringing the clouds back

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2013, 01:32:39 PM »
Midweek reminder, this is TOC Saturday.

Topica is down at the moment so no email being sent.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 01:37:55 PM by fuzeman »

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 01:38:26 PM »
 :pray
-AoM-

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 02:53:21 PM »
so, KOTH is invitation only? wow. that sucks.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 03:01:23 PM »
so, KOTH is invitation only? wow. that sucks.

Hello VuduVee,
only the "wKOTH wildcard tournament" ( for wabbit qualifiers )  and the "KOTH TOC ( tournament of Champions )"  is invitation only.............. these 2 events are for players who either won a monthly KOTH event during 2012 or were able to win 2 rounds during an event and obtained "wabbit status"

The January KOTH event scheduled for  Friday @ 5:00pm EST on Jan. 18th, 2013 is open to all players who want to participate

come join the fun and the great aerial combat fights

hope this helps   <S>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline VuduVee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 03:20:54 PM »
Hello VuduVee,
only the "wKOTH wildcard tournament" ( for wabbit qualifiers )  and the "KOTH TOC ( tournament of Champions )"  is invitation only.............. these 2 events are for players who either won a monthly KOTH event during 2012 or were able to win 2 rounds during an event and obtained "wabbit status"

The January KOTH event scheduled for  Friday @ 5:00pm EST on Jan. 18th, 2013 is open to all players who want to participate

come join the fun and the great aerial combat fights

hope this helps   <S>

TC
oh ok, cool. i hope to be there. i always wanted to do the koth. it sounds fun. thnks TC <S>

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 07:17:55 PM »
TC is correct, only the 'playoffs' are invitation only. If not a distraction you can stop in and watch to see how it goes and get a feel for the event.
TOC winner gets a plaque similar to this:

Seems like the January KOTH will be held so the one on the 18Th you can fly in. It does take an event or three to be familiar with the rules and develop your technique.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2013, 10:27:07 AM »
There seems to be a problem with SEA2 at the moment and I am unable to change terrains. I will keep you posted.

Offline mrmidi

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2013, 10:53:13 AM »
Problem fixed all is well
In charge of nothing.
C.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
It is what it is!