Author Topic: Do NOT lie...you ALL do it....  (Read 3604 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Re: Do NOT lie...you ALL do it....
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2013, 06:43:00 AM »
C202  :O

Just kidding.

Boom and Zoom, hit and run, stick and move rides for absurd furballs.  Depends on the location of the furball.  If over their base I might take P-47 variants with convergence set for "big wall of ugly".  If our base...it can be fun to fly a G2 with Gondies! ... but you can usually do a force landing so you dont need a speed demon to get home.  These can be fun and surprisingly educational for the enemy!

Dropping in from 15k with a Brew, F4u or F-6 (launching from another safe base to get alt) can be fun.

EDIT:
I am not sure how well known this is but I have found the I-16 can drop in from orbit and be on someone's 6 almost undetected.  Going from a dot of no concern to shredding your wings off in no time.  It does not necessarily come with its dive speed but its ability to avoid compression in a steep dive (using standard air braking techniques).  This can be really fun in a horde.  Dropping in from 18k to "look out for that ^%#&%@!".  You'll probably only get 1-2 kills using that technique on such a sortie but WOW is that fun.  You take an enemy with near smug confidence that they have a solid cap to stark terror in a moments time.  Like I said though, you'll probably only get one pass on your target in a horde.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 07:19:23 AM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2013, 07:20:11 AM »
I generally stick with one plane but change tactics as the fight develops.  :joystick:
Lighten up Francis

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2013, 07:52:48 AM »
Oh I've been there. I think you summed up the stages of futility and accompanying range rather acurately.  :rofl
Who is John Galt?

Offline Brakechk

• Copper Member
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2013, 09:22:37 AM »
when you enter furballs.  You know it, just admit it.  You judge the size and magnitude and then select your a/c based on how outnumbered you are, lol!!!

Furball - Sides are even, some goofs are bombing inaccurately and you die when you make mistakes.  Normal night.  
Plane Selection:  Your normal bird

Holy Cow Furball - Red outnumber the green 2 to 1.  No bombers in sight...they just want to kill you and vulchpickHOram.  You're dying a little more than you like.
Plane Selection:  Your normal ride..maybe, just maybe you pick a non-embarrassing turny bird of the manly kind. 1, 1A, 61, etc.

WTF Furball - Red is now fully in your DAR bar 3 to 1, some idiot is screaming "JOIN MY MISSION" on country channel, you die trying to squelch him, you up and are hosed by a random 190 that ran up on the base at 14ft AGL and got below the turrents on the field ack.  You mad now but you smile when your child walks into the room and says, "daddy, why did you kick fido?"
Plane Selection:  Tempy, CHOG, NIK, Spit IX, 84, anything but a F6F since you can't see crap out of it.  BUT, you up from a base a little further away, yes, yes you do because youre smart.

Jesus-Tapdancin-Christ Furball - Red is all around, the basetake mentality is now rabid dog, vulchfest, even ACKACK is below 15K and there are two other guys besides yourself and you are dying at intervals measured in miliseconds.  You are PIZZED OFF!!!!!!  You are cursing your countrymen on country channel for not helping and you vow to pizz on the first guy that excuses himself from the fight.
Plane Selection: 16's, zekes, and Brewsters

This is (*&^ BULL-(*%$ Furball - You can't up.  When you do, a noob kills you by accident.  You're embarrassed to play for that chess piece and the same goofball is screaming on country about somePony D mission he thinks will win the war that you no longer care about.  Everyone has left you and troops are running.
Plane Selection:  Jet rage from another base.  Kill them all, pizz on them, I hate them for killing me and making cowards out of my scoremonger countrymen.  Everyone sucks but you and if they would just admit to being testicularly challenged, you'd feel a smidge better.

discuss

First laugh of the day....hilarious descriptions :lol :aok
Brakechk/Zaphod

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2013, 09:50:50 AM »
HA HA HA HA!!!!  Dead on Changeup   :lol :lol :aok    Funniest thing ive read on these boards in a long long time  :rofl
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2013, 11:11:24 AM »
190a5
190a5
190a5
k$
- TWBYDHAS

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2013, 03:05:06 PM »
190a5
190a5
190a5
k$

The A5 turns right?
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2013, 03:05:53 PM »
The A5 turns right?

It turns less crappy than its stablemates... imho
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2013, 03:08:54 PM »
It turns less crappy than its stablemates... imho

My fav is loading the A8 up with the mondo-delux gun package and play the "I'm only going to turn right" game.  It never lasts long but if you start out at 20K above a horde, it's like the Disneyland batman ride on the way down. 

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2013, 04:28:45 PM »
There is only one you need.. mind you to be fair ... the old spit 5 comes out when the red guys go so beat up and sad that they all return in brews and zeros  :D

Offline cobia38

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2013, 05:06:08 PM »
The A5 turns right?

like a school bus on cinder blocks

Harvesting taters,one  K4 at a time

Offline lerxst

• Zinc Member
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2013, 06:11:56 PM »
 :aok hell yeah you nailed it! youve been playing too long.in such a scanario ill look to the spit V if i get off the runway lol.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2013, 06:32:58 PM »
(Next up, the CV you just lifted from is being attacked by 219 cons who are mad that you shelled their outhouse.  But you upped a zeke anyway)  The progression for this is most excellent.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2013, 12:08:57 PM »

Jesus-Tapdancin-Christ Furball - Red is all around, the basetake mentality is now rabid dog, vulchfest, even ACKACK is below 15K and there are two other guys besides yourself and you are dying at intervals measured in miliseconds.

Ohhhhh Really?  :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2013, 12:32:55 PM »
1 D-25
2 D-25
3 D-25
4 M
5 M

6 Hordeling thinks he's a bad arse for shooting down your Jug in a 10 on 1 and talks smack. F4U-1A or -4.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.