Author Topic: Operation Midway  (Read 13366 times)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
Re: Operation Midway
« Reply #210 on: January 06, 2013, 03:32:22 PM »
Fine I was wrong....you still have 400 hours played the last 2 months.

Loser

Nuff said

Well at least you're man nuff to admit it, but then must you enter the dark side with names being called? :rolleyes:

Nuff said indeed.   :)

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #211 on: January 06, 2013, 03:39:42 PM »
The SEC would disagree... 5% of stock ownership is considered "substantial."  It's a very subjective word, entirely dependant up on context.  In the context of AH, I think "substantial" doesn't fit. I'd go with "you get your licks in - but you still suck."  :noid

This being Aces High, the SEC has nothing to do with it.  We're talking aeroplane fights... and winning 35% or more is not just getting your licks in... it's winning a "substantial" number of times.  Try and belittle it... but you know truth if you open your mind to it.  Meet me 1 v 1 and you have a good chance of getting towerred while I go land my undamaged aeroplane as I have already proven to you. :ahand

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Online Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #212 on: January 06, 2013, 04:02:32 PM »
This being Aces High, the SEC has nothing to do with it.  We're talking aeroplane fights... and winning 35% or more is not just getting your licks in... it's winning a "substantial" number of times.  Try and belittle it... but you know truth if you open your mind to it.  Meet me 1 v 1 and you have a good chance of getting towerred while I go land my undamaged aeroplane as I have already proven to you. :ahand

No. When I meet you I only have to worry about being towered a fraction of the time. Not even close to 50-50. You only win a minority of our encounters.

All subjective in the absence of defining context. Even the opinions that I'm a much better pilot than you is subjective.

122 - 66 is entirely objective, quantifiable if you will. Everything else is just a Freudian dance. I  find your choice of "substantial" to be revealing.

So... take another look at my sigs... then have a look at my location.  You play chess?  :noid
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #213 on: January 06, 2013, 04:10:02 PM »
No. When I meet you I only have to worry about being towered a fraction of the time. Not even close to 50-50. You only win a minority of our encounters.

All subjective in the absence of defining context. Even the opinions that I'm a much better pilot than you is subjective.

122 - 66 is entirely objective, quantifiable if you will. Everything else is just a Freudian dance. I  find your choice of "substantial" to be revealing.

So... take another look at my sigs... then have a look at my location.  You play chess?  :noid

122 to 66 = 35% = substantial.  Nuff said. :ahand

Aces High is far more fun and challenging than chess, especially when pwning the likes of Shane. :old:
Speaking from experience of said substantial pwning activity. :old:
35% is closer to 50% than 15%. :old:
Be worried, Shane.... :old:
... and nrshida. :old:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 05:46:12 PM by Midway »

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #214 on: January 06, 2013, 05:46:30 PM »
Operation Midway :rofl

:airplane: :joystick:

:rofl :rofl :rofl
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 05:50:28 PM by Midway »

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #215 on: January 06, 2013, 05:52:09 PM »
This thread has reached suck.  The memo is out
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #216 on: January 06, 2013, 06:45:07 PM »
Now, I suspect when it says "who shot you down"... the look on their faces is priceless.  :D

Can't possibly compare to the look on your face when you do Midway:

What I find incredible about Midway is his capacity to manipulate every situation in his perception to engineer a win for himself out of it.

For example:-

Debrody spanks him in his own aeroplane so badly that the red will never come off his arse. His response: "Debrody is a litte better than me, for now, I will inevitably figure out that one trick he does eventually though and then I will pwn everyone, I win".

Midway shoots down another player with a superior aeroplane occasionally regardless of circumstance (probably with an unsporting face-shot) His response: "I can pwn them at will, because 30% is a substantial amount, almost exactly the same as 90%, I win".

Players complain about his sportsmanship on 200 or here on the forum. His resonse: "I outflew them with my flying prowess, now they are crying because I am better than them and I have forced them to face it, I win".

Players criticise him in response to his unfounded bragging. His response: "I can shoot those players down on occassion too in the MA in dissimilar aircraft (which equals: I pwn them), therefore their criticism can be safely dismissed, Midway > said player, I win".

Midway implies disdain at every turn but just keeps it short of explicit insulting adhering to the letter of the rules, other players respond with insulting remarks. His response: "They are sore losers and my irritating them is further evidence of me getting better, I win".

It just goes on and on... The baseline is whatever you do, he wins.

I'm personally tired of Midway boorishly demanding we all accept his b/s distorted view of reality while refusing to receive anyone else's views in return. You cannot reasonably interact with an unreasonable person. This runs to the point of detracting now from my enjoyment of this game and my personal development. So I have decided to take the advice of several other players. I'm going to squelch him  :banana:

This does unfortunately mean I'm going to have the last word, but oh well:-

Midway,

You have to be the most aggravating and self-important, egotistical yet insecure person I have ever encountered.

Your M.O. hasn't changed one bit since I encountered you at the furball lake when you first got here, HOing and picking everything that flew into your gunsight, where I tried to encourage you to pursue the path of ACM and to prioritise development above results. You rejected this path and chose another, a path which I consider less honest, more lazy and purely results-focussed. The only thing which has progressed massively is your smack talk, which is now almost a constant passive-aggressive stream.

Your 'game' seems to be largely spiteful and bullying-based and I'm frankly surprised HTC lets you troll their forum with such rampant freedom. Perhaps they think you are good for business.

The level you have currently attained, and which you say you are stuck on is not a plateau. This is as far as you go with ACM by yourself. You do not have the mental faculty to go further. In the what? Two years you've been here you've actually condensed something like seven years of a regular player's hours into this game. If concentrated hours translated directly into capability then you would have become Bruv119's FPH by now.

Your ACM is average at best, below average across most of the spectrum with maybe two or three narrow spikes which bring you 99% of your results. Your own ego and rather disturbing needs have brought you to this inescapable place. Your ambition here will I believe be frustrated by something I mentioned to you earlier: the Red Queen Hypothesis. You just can't see this yet, so little vision have you.

I suspect I now know who and what you are, why you have so much time to play and why this game has become everything to you. There really only is one logical explanation. Yet I have no sympathy for you. We always have choices, as long as we are alive we have choices, and your choices have rather made your own bed here... Keep swimming  ;)

Believe it or not I actually enjoy fighting you regardless of who wins or loses (another concept which is way beyond your grasp) and look forward to future encounters with your entropic brown Spitfire. So aggressive and without any care for sportsmanship do you fly and shoot that you do encourage your opponents to not be lazy. However this is the extent of the interaction I choose to have with you from this point forward.

I no longer consider anything you say to have any merit or integrity and it is with a great sense of relief that I hereby squelch you both here and in the game.

I can now peacefully return to an activity of which you are demonstrably incapable: quietly and thoughtfully improving my ACM with imagination and without regard to the outcome.

It's customary to wish luck, but let's forgo the usual pleasantries shall we?:-

<Cobblers> Midway.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #217 on: January 06, 2013, 06:57:03 PM »
... deleted for brevity...

<Cobblers> Midway.

Off the mark in multiple ways again, Nrshida... but that's ok... I forgive you and come to expect said inaccurate assessments from you recently... and won't debate it with you either... cause I <3 and respect you... since you're fun, smart, try hard, and are strong willed in your beliefs... all commendable traits.  :salute :rock

See you in the virtual skies... and beware of my mighty Spitfire... it can pwn nicely, and with substantial frequency now.  :D

:joystick:

:cheers:

« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 07:02:18 PM by Midway »

Offline coombz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #218 on: January 06, 2013, 07:00:00 PM »
Debrody spanks him in his own aeroplane so badly that the red will never come off his arse. His response: "Debrody is a litte better than me, for now, I will inevitably figure out that one trick he does eventually though and then I will pwn everyone, I win".

Midway shoots down another player with a superior aeroplane occasionally regardless of circumstance (probably with an unsporting face-shot) His response: "I can pwn them at will, because 30% is a substantial amount, almost exactly the same as 90%, I win".

Players complain about his sportsmanship on 200 or here on the forum. His resonse: "I outflew them with my flying prowess, now they are crying because I am better than them and I have forced them to face it, I win".

Players criticise him in response to his unfounded bragging. His response: "I can shoot those players down on occassion too in the MA in dissimilar aircraft (which equals: I pwn them), therefore their criticism can be safely dismissed, Midway > said player, I win".

Midway implies disdain at every turn but just keeps it short of explicit insulting adhering to the letter of the rules, other players respond with insulting remarks. His response: "They are sore losers and my irritating them is further evidence of me getting better, I win".

It just goes on and on... The baseline is whatever you do, he wins.

Yeah it's almost like he is some kind of internet troll who enjoys winding people up and getting a reaction out of them!

Imagine that!!  :huh

See you in the virtual skies... and beware of my mighty Spitfire... it can pwn nicely, and with substantial frequency now.  :D

And thus the hook is baited for at least another 2 pages of rubbish.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 07:01:55 PM by coombz »
Did you see my dad on dogfights yet?
I'll be seeing you face to face possibly next month.

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #219 on: January 06, 2013, 07:05:41 PM »
:)
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 07:16:07 PM by Butcher »
JG 52

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #220 on: January 06, 2013, 07:17:54 PM »
 :aok

Shida finally gets it.

Squelch + ignore on bbs = less moron in your life = more enjoyment out of this bbs and game.

:old:
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #221 on: January 06, 2013, 07:18:47 PM »
Yeah it's almost like he is some kind of internet troll who enjoys winding people up and getting a reaction out of them!

Why don't they PNG his arse then?

"You are ignoring this user. Show me the post".

Excellent  :banana:

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #222 on: January 06, 2013, 07:19:07 PM »
And thus the hook is baited for at least another 2 pages of rubbish.
Remakable isnt it? I guess some just figure its a life priotirty to take the bait.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 07:20:39 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #223 on: January 06, 2013, 07:20:17 PM »
:aok

Shida finally gets it.

Squelch + ignore on bbs = less moron in your life = more enjoyment out of this bbs and game.

:old:

Yes I'm sorry, I'm a bit slow on the uptake with this internet culture thing. This is my first forum, and assuredly my last too.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #224 on: January 06, 2013, 07:20:30 PM »
Midway does earn an achievement nobody else will get - able to achieve 15 pages of bull**** in any of his posts.

If you look, you'll find many truths, and some proven with factual evidence, in this thread that nrshida started.  

My responses have been honest and sincere... and backed up by others in several cases. :angel:

Even one pilot flat out admitted he was wrong in his assessment of me after seeing the evidence. :aok

:)