Author Topic: Operation Midway  (Read 13370 times)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
Re: Operation Midway
« Reply #225 on: January 06, 2013, 07:21:16 PM »
We aren't at the bottom of the barrel on this subject, but we can certainly see it from here...this topic has reached, someone-just-stuck-their-finger-in-a-hot-turd level.  No longer steaming fun.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #226 on: January 06, 2013, 07:34:41 PM »
"You are ignoring this user. Show me the post".

Fantastic! Free, free at last!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

:rofl
Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #227 on: January 06, 2013, 07:35:42 PM »

Yes I'm sorry, I'm a bit slow on the uptake with this internet culture thing. This is my first forum, and assuredly my last too.

Meh. Don't be such a Milquetoast. My own take is that squelch is unnecessary, merely convenient.

Aside from that, I'll agree with your assessment of Midway's persona; it was well thought out and presented. I tend to just short-hand stuff, lol.

At the end of the day, Midway is just another in an endless stream of monkeys banging away on the keyboard because in the words of the immortal bard,

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis Nobler in the mind to suffer
The Slings and Arrows of outrageous Fortune,
Or to take Arms against a Sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them: to die, to sleep
No more; and by a sleep, to say we end
The Heart-ache, and the thousand Natural shocks
That Flesh is heir to? 'Tis a consummation
Devoutly to be wished. To die to sleep,
To sleep, perchance to Dream; Aye, there's the rub,
For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil,
Must give us pause. There's the respect
That makes Calamity of so long life:
For who would bear the Whips and Scorns of time,
The Oppressor's wrong, the proud man's Contumely,
The pangs of despised Love, the Law’s delay,
The insolence of Office, and the Spurns
That patient merit of the unworthy takes,
When he himself might his Quietus make
With a bare Bodkin? Who would Fardels bear,
To grunt and sweat under a weary life,
But that the dread of something after death,
The undiscovered Country, from whose bourn
No Traveller returns, Puzzles the will,
And makes us rather bear those ills we have,
Than fly to others that we know not of.
Thus Conscience does make Cowards of us all,
And thus the Native hue of Resolution
Is sicklied o'er, with the pale cast of Thought,
And enterprises of great pitch and moment,
With this regard their Currents turn awry,
And lose the name of Action. Soft you now,
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #228 on: January 06, 2013, 07:57:31 PM »
Meh. Don't be such a Milquetoast. My own take is that squelch is unnecessary, merely convenient.

And much quieter  :banana:

:salute

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #229 on: January 07, 2013, 12:51:16 AM »
Use the tool or be a tool.

You might get lucky and do both and end up becoming a  Skyrock.  :neener:
hey!!!!! :furious

:devil

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #230 on: January 07, 2013, 01:24:26 AM »
Who tried to hopick me while I was enganed with 3 others  he asploded a few seconds later either of a snap shot from me  or from killshotting himself of the 3 guys  behind me LOL!  :banana: :banana: :joystick: :neener:

He was all like :

But then went like:

:banana: :joystick: :aok :rofl
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 01:40:26 AM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #231 on: January 07, 2013, 01:49:45 AM »
... but I'll go with 35% to 40% of the time, I win. :D

Let those that disparage my piloting skills be awed by the facts as presented. :old:

I'm a good pilot!  It's now proven!  ...

The thrill of victory. :banana:

:headscratch:  .54-.67 K/D is not very good (35-40% win rate) for someone who always brags about how good they are.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #232 on: January 07, 2013, 02:48:08 AM »
:headscratch:  .54-.67 K/D is not very good (35-40% win rate) for someone who always brags about how good they are.

Shane is one of the best pilots in Aces High, definately a top 10%'er.  I'd say beating him a little more than a third of the time is quite an accomplishment as is said four in a row victories landed in the same sortie against him. :aok

I don't always brag about how good I am, in fact, I often comment how much I still have to learn to win against the best pilots in the game.  It's actually a bit confusing and disappointing considering the effort I've put into it so far. :confused:

You'd think I would be winning KOTH by now against the likes of Bruv, Pervert, and Debrody... but won't enter yet since I know for certain they would down me with ease.  :frown:

I still have a ways to go to be among the very best and the hill has gotten much steeper. :joystick:

The path to success being long, difficult, rewarding, and likely as satisfying in the end as a Mt. Everest climb.  I bet the view is nice up there for Bruv, pervert, kazaa, and the other TOC winners. :salute :rock

One day... one day indeed. :old:

Hopefully. :)

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline Noir

• Platinum Member
« Reply #233 on: January 07, 2013, 05:01:36 AM »
koth is good training in itself, a bit frustrating at times :/
now posting as SirNuke

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #234 on: January 07, 2013, 05:11:59 AM »
middy, you will never ever win a koth when i am there.
Its guaranteed.
AoM
City of ice

Offline Reaper90

• Gold Member
« Reply #235 on: January 07, 2013, 02:27:16 PM »
middy, you will never ever win a koth when i am there.
Its guaranteed.

As long as the Spitfire is the only plane he can fly, he'll never win KOTH as long as pretty much anybody decent shows up.
Floyd
'Murican dude in a Brit Squad flying Russian birds, drinking Canadian whiskey

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #236 on: January 07, 2013, 02:49:26 PM »
All this is moot,  with his skills already deteriorating since he went back to his  ho first mentality it wont be long  until he regresses to the point where his skills are barely better than a 2 weekers and this time I dont know if anyone will waste time showing midway acm that he can ignore, as he decides to ho instead.

:bhead :bhead :joystick: :ahand :uhoh
« Last Edit: January 07, 2013, 02:51:22 PM by Nathan60 »
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #237 on: January 07, 2013, 02:55:52 PM »
well its a No-go with no-mo-ho
middy can't subscribe to his own rules of greatness... so I guess he'll just blow (both hot air on the bbs and 200 and his skills).
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #238 on: January 07, 2013, 03:52:00 PM »
A public service announcement:

The game is to be played, like a movie is to be watched.

Midway is the equivalent of a person yelling comments at the screen in a movie theater. Discussing the validity of his comments, or why he does it is irrelevant and misses the point. Every second spent thinking about the comments, or telling him to shut up, is one more second we are distracted from watching the movie.

It is very shelfish to go to a movie with the intent of getting as many as possible engaged in telling you to shut up. Frankly it's psychotic, anti-social behavior. This behavior frustrates us all and we feel compelled to interveign. But I propose that the noise from all those trying to shut him up only adds to the problem. He will never stop yelling comments at the screen, but yelling at him only generates a new argument, then more jump in, and soon we've missed the whole movie.

Ignore him and the distraction is minimized. I do believe that if ignored, he will eventually go away.

This has been a public service announcement.

Who is John Galt?

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #239 on: January 07, 2013, 04:04:51 PM »
A public service announcement:

The game is to be played, like a movie is to be watched.

Midway is the equivalent of a person yelling comments at the screen in a movie theater. Discussing the validity of his comments, or why he does it is irrelevant and misses the point. Every second spent thinking about the comments, or telling him to shut up, is one more second we are distracted from watching the movie.

It is very shelfish to go to a movie with the intent of getting as many as possible engaged in telling you to shut up. Frankly it's psychotic, anti-social behavior. This behavior frustrates us all and we feel compelled to interveign. But I propose that the noise from all those trying to shut him up only adds to the problem. He will never stop yelling comments at the screen, but yelling at him only generates a new argument, then more jump in, and soon we've missed the whole movie.

Ignore him and the distraction is minimized. I do believe that if ignored, he will eventually go away.

This has been a public service announcement.

+1

I have reinstituted my policy of not speaking to or about Midway.  It feeds his need and I no longer wish to put food on his table.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba