Author Topic: Line of Sight  (Read 308 times)

Offline Nath[BDP]

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
Line of Sight
« on: January 06, 2013, 08:39:25 AM »
++Blue Knights++
vocalist of the year

Offline B3YT

• Silver Member
Re: Line of Sight
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2013, 02:22:54 PM »
AS a big cyclist (I sponsor an XC team and run a shop) I think they are utter avacados .  I've been run over , threatened by motorist
As the cleaners say :"once more unto the bleach"

Offline Groth

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 03:45:11 PM »
 As a life long cyclist, wrenching since sept '73, I point out cyclist have killed some pedestrians doing this stuff.
 Acting like this and having a driver kill you leaves scars on that person that don't go away.Besides making a mess that someone gets to clean up(cleaned up those mess's, also).
 Kinda screwing it for law abiding cyclists, don't you think? Or, I'm guessing, you really don't care.Bad enough out here with drivers not 'seeing' you as they hurtle down the road, now they can point to this video and similiar and say "see, their just criminals and deserve no respect". Thanks BW.
JGroth

Offline Scherf

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 04:32:15 PM »
Frikkin useless waste-o-space Darwin award candidates, ptui!
... missions were to be met by the commitment of alerted swarms of fighters, composed of Me 109's and Fw 190's, that were strategically based to protect industrial installations. The inferior capabilities of these fighters against the Mosquitoes made this a hopeless and uneconomical effort. 1.JD KTB

Offline B3YT

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2013, 03:47:41 AM »
I just had a wicked thought . What if we find out when these things are going on then padlock all their bikes together and then tie the riders all up .  So we can show them pictures of what they cause.  I get fed up of other cyclists jumping red lights , not doing life savers (looking over the shoulder regularly) and  riding far to defensively right up against the curb (my god how unsafe is that) . 
          I've just moved to a  city and found that if I stay out from the curb a bit more and make eye contact  or give a driver a cheerful wave they are pretty cool .  I even had a fun game with a bus or two where I would be over taken by the bus  then I would catch him up at a set of lights I'd filter to the bike zone and track stand waiting for the lights . The bus driver and his passengers would  cheer me on to see if I could stand for the whole time , if I did then they would cheer me as they over took me again . This carried on for 12 or so junctions across the city.

I also found that drivers are pretty cool or shocked when I see a situation where I'd hold them up for too long a time and pull in and stop for them to go past . Even had van drivers wave me out and give me protection ; why ? I rode in the laws , showed respect  and in return I get the same back .  On the other hand I've been shouted at cos some tossbag shot through a set of lights I was waiting at and the drivers around lumped me (a cyclist ) in the same group as the other guy (knobhead)  .   

I want to shove a fork where even shimano can't shift it with some of these guys . 
As the cleaners say :"once more unto the bleach"