Author Topic: A Honest Assesment  (Read 767 times)

Offline TWC_Angel

• Zinc Member
A Honest Assesment
« on: January 12, 2013, 01:00:54 AM »
Good day/evening to any who happen across this thread.
Some of you have fought against me, but a good deal still have yet to cross wings with me due to my off peak hours flight times. Work keeps me from showing up for the 400+ arena. But that's all and well.
To any who have fought against me i ask this. How would you consider our previous engagements? I have been around along while 03' but  had to take a break for college bout 4 years worth of spotty to non-AH flight. But these last 2 years i have been a committed player. I'm asking for this feedback be it constructive or brutal because i have an honest desire to better what skill sets i have and advance beyond my current state in AH. The only way to do that is to be gauged and judged by my peers.

I have been trying to make a name of Angel with my flight's alone. I don't spam BBS nor post prolific kill counts like a few who lurk in these threads and it leaves me to wonder, if my silence is hampering this, or if it is indeed my flying skills (or lack thereof?). I try to honor my opponent regardless if i survived the engagement or who it was against.  I do not HO unless it is bombers and i don't talk smack on 200 (unless its playin around with buds etc.) Being said I usually keep to myself unless someone yells over channel to help clear a six or two.

But I digress and I apologize. If you have flown against me, in your honest opinion what areas need i improve on? Or what do i have down solid?
If you haven't, then any tips to any planes would be greatly appreciated.

To those who may respond to this <<S>> in advance and thank you for your thoughts and time.

-Angel-

p.s. srry if this post seems awkwardly written/thought out..its cause it is.  :lol BBS Scares me. lol
IGN: Angel
DGSII: I./JG1
-=Top*Gun=-
"Guaranteed, knock-down-dragged-out dogfight.       
       Every time."    ((♥ That 190))

Offline Valen

• Zinc Member
Re: A Honest Assesment
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2013, 01:42:58 AM »
All that BS to say u fly a lala?
Smoke to the bone

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2013, 02:05:45 AM »
Good day/evening to any who happen across this thread.
Some of you have fought against me, but a good deal still have yet to cross wings with me due to my off peak hours flight times. Work keeps me from showing up for the 400+ arena. But that's all and well.
To any who have fought against me i ask this. How would you consider our previous engagements? I have been around along while 03' but  had to take a break for college bout 4 years worth of spotty to non-AH flight. But these last 2 years i have been a committed player. I'm asking for this feedback be it constructive or brutal because i have an honest desire to better what skill sets i have and advance beyond my current state in AH. The only way to do that is to be gauged and judged by my peers.

I have been trying to make a name of Angel with my flight's alone. I don't spam BBS nor post prolific kill counts like a few who lurk in these threads and it leaves me to wonder, if my silence is hampering this, or if it is indeed my flying skills (or lack thereof?). I try to honor my opponent regardless if i survived the engagement or who it was against.  I do not HO unless it is bombers and i don't talk smack on 200 (unless its playin around with buds etc.) Being said I usually keep to myself unless someone yells over channel to help clear a six or two.

But I digress and I apologize. If you have flown against me, in your honest opinion what areas need i improve on? Or what do i have down solid?
If you haven't, then any tips to any planes would be greatly appreciated.

To those who may respond to this <<S>> in advance and thank you for your thoughts and time.

-Angel-

p.s. srry if this post seems awkwardly written/thought out..its cause it is.  :lol BBS Scares me. lol

You have obviously been bitten by the AH bug.  I've seen you fly but never against.  Find me and we'll go to the DA.  After tonight, I need a lot of work myself.  :salute
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2013, 03:08:12 AM »
yeah if you like the game there's lots of players you can ask and they will teach you a thing or two.  ignore the dweebs.

midway
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline james

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2013, 09:47:56 AM »
Well, as long as you are having fun and keep having fun is what really matters over all. Don't worry about what others think of how you play a game. This game is where you come to blow off steam and put your mind on autopilot man.
 :salute
6GUN  

4.0GHZ Ryzen9 3900x
32GB DDR4 3200
GTX1070

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2013, 11:18:55 AM »
if you really wanna progress in fighters, ask some of the known fighters to go to the TA....I know most of them will be more then happy to go.... :aok

that is the best way to get better fast.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2013, 12:19:51 PM »
Angel have you worked with any of the trainers?

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2013, 12:59:22 PM »
If you're good, you need to toot your own horn, because most won't too it for you. :old:
If you're not any good, then don't toot your own horn, let others toot it for you. :old:
If you're not sure, then let the level of horn tooting around you help you decide. :old:
Works for me. :old:

:)

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2013, 01:27:35 PM »
Forget about how good you are or aren't Angel. Because I can tell you from experience, you'll never be as good as you want to be. There will always be that higher K/D, hit percentage, K/T or rank to try and get to.

The object is simply to have fun win or lose.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 01:36:01 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2013, 02:45:36 PM »
You've surprised me quite a few times... <S> Angel.

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2013, 05:15:11 PM »
No 1 thing you do wrong is you fly around with your guns on the con even when you don't have a realistic chance of shooting them, 2nd is being baiting into taking unrealistic shooting solutions which leads to you overshooting and losing angles. But 85% of the MA do that as well