Author Topic: Yak engine out over Lake District, UK  (Read 252 times)

Offline MickDono

• Gold Member
Yak engine out over Lake District, UK
« on: January 13, 2013, 03:49:40 PM »

Offline cpxxx

• Gold Member
Re: Yak engine out over Lake District, UK
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2013, 09:48:29 AM »
Touch wood, I've never had to make a forced landing. An emergency landing back onto the field sure but not a full engine failure. I would hope to stay that calm and make a textbook landing like that.

Good move on his part not to continue over the hills. Wouldn't have ended well if he'd continued in that direction.

Loved the product placement early on in the video. :aok
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 09:52:26 AM by cpxxx »

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2013, 01:00:49 PM »
Touch wood, I've never had to make a forced landing. An emergency landing back onto the field sure but not a full engine failure.

That's okay, I've had 5, 3 of which were complete power failures in single engine aircraft, so just consider that between us we have it covered.  :D
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2013, 01:02:26 PM »
Here's another video that was on that same page:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhyEnqudx8M

That would get the pulse up a bit.
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Kenne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2013, 07:13:04 PM »
just htink how many 'out of fuel' E3s n 4s did the same thing...
Women are like the Government. They have no problem that can't be solved by throwing money at it!
لقد حصلت على تذكرتين إلى الجنة