Author Topic: More Add-Ons for Sounds Folder  (Read 2360 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Re: More Add-Ons for Sounds Folder
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2013, 02:19:51 PM »
I make my sounds for my own pleasure and immersion. I share because i want others to have same immersion .
Plus its fun for me.

If you are worried about your expenses then your not having fun at your hobby , more like its a job in which you don't get paid for.

my .02 im sure you will have some crappy remark or insult for me

Peace out Tb

Salute Dolby thanks for the mention

pfft

take it like a midway speech....full of delusions and illusions of grandeur :aok

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2013, 04:31:20 PM »
my .02 im sure you will have some crappy remark or insult for me

Well, now that the peanut gallery is complete. . . tell me something. How is Meatwater these days? I could not find a copyright release with his sounds in your collection, but I do recognize them.

BTW, gallery, I never said I was trying to recoup expenses, but I know some people just take what they want and have zero expenses.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2013, 05:20:59 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 12:32:44 PM by Skuzzy »
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2013, 08:10:19 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 12:32:18 PM by Skuzzy »
Lighten up Francis

Offline TicTok

• Copper Member
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2013, 09:06:54 PM »

Subject

Hey ALL - please try these 2 sounds and set to 50% volume in advanced sound settings in game

These 2 sounds have to loop to get the sound effect of a damaged engine in game

When they are played at download site they will not loop so they do sound crappy

Engine Damage - engdmg.wav - https://www.box.com/s/khm07e518hayba4al142

Engine Knock - knock1.wav - https://www.box.com/s/1blgeqw4azznicakfrqr

Let me know in this thread if they work for you .. To me they sound like an engine that has internal damage as well as poorly lubed main bearings (from low oil pressure) that are about to let go

If these sounds are NOT up to standard .. I will delete link and create something that works...

Thanks in Advance ... Tic  :aok

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2013, 09:53:02 PM »
Edited: You're not worth it, Crawl back under your Righteous Rock.

Point is you are the primary reason the other 5,000 users are not getting better sounds.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2013, 10:20:01 PM »
Hey ALL - please try these 2 sounds and set to 50% volume in advanced sound settings in game

These 2 sounds have to loop to get the sound effect of a damaged engine in game

When they are played at download site they will not loop so they do sound crappy

TicTok let me try to help you. First off, don't feel bad. Every sound pack in this forum has issues similar to yours. Second, it is possible to repair the sounds you created and get them working. First off, the reason the sounds have a problem.

Right in the center of that screenshot is the first problem area of the sound. See the vertical line? That is because your mix occurs at a point where the two wave files are in contrary positions. The wave editor did the only thing it could by tying the two points together, but they are just too far apart and that's why you get the awful 'click' at the peak. This problem is also common to every sound pack posted here. When that 'click' has substantial power behind it, then it will cause damage to the users ear and speakers. Not good!

Now, I can make a much longer post about how to get this job done properly, how to go about creating sounds from tones, how to capture sounds and get them to loop without 'clicking,' and so you can do it for free. ANYONE can do it for free. However, if I show you the free method then you cannot share files. I will also explain why. The only reason I have not done so already is because of the moonbats in this thread.

If you want help just ask.

Offline TicTok

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2013, 11:23:08 PM »
********************************************************************************
Chalenge .. If you DO NOT stop this harassment I am notifying Skuzzy of your persistent irritating comments on this topic .. Let it go .. you have no idea of what you are showing me .. I did not want to respond to you this way but the facts are that YOU know nothing of what you are trying to Help me with?

What I SEE on your chart is where I MIXED another SOUND at a higher VOLUME to get the effect I wanted it to have with more realistic engine damage!

You were in too much haste to do a quick internet search on sound recordings (For Your Knowledge) to make an accurate accusation about distortion .. Believe Me .. I used to race local Nascar Tracks when younger .. When an engine is about to let go .. It does Not sound like a New Cadillac cruising along .. Its disintegrating into a pile of broken internal parts that DO NOT sound like pleasant sweet melodies.

Audio Distortion can cause damage IF Audio Controls are not configured properly AND are Causing DISTORTION in Speakers .. Not because what is being played is a distorted sound ..

I wish to hell I could prevent YOU from listening to or downloading my work

As far as the 5,000 users .. If My Sounds are giving them problems .. THEN common sense would say .. THEY are NOT using My Sounds.. And Only 1 of the 5,000 IS listening which would be little ole Me

YOU are the ONLY person since 2007 to give this Childish Complaint about sounds

If you want HELP with sounds .. I can show you how .. Make Your Own Sound Pack .. I will download it and Try It Out .. Maybe a POSITIVE out of all this crap you have given me will Help You be a BETTER Person for it!

PS - I use NCH Software that does video as well and ALL types of sound files (you name it) with Tone Generator, Text to Speech, Batch Converter .. It IS NOT FREE!

Create a Sound Pack so we all can hear it .. PUT UP or Shut UP .. Show Us Your Ability with sounds

You are a COMPLETE JOKE .. Let it go .. You have been warned!   :salute :neener:

« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 12:07:31 AM by TicTok »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2013, 12:05:12 AM »
TicTok, you are mistaken. Review what I said again. I offered to help. I do know what I am talking about. The only person on these boards with more education about sound creation might be Skuzzy, but it would be close.

But, now I see what the problem is. Even if I posted a help file you would not understand it.

Have a nice day.

Offline TicTok

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2013, 12:17:36 AM »
TicTok, you are mistaken. Review what I said again. I offered to help. I do know what I am talking about. The only person on these boards with more education about sound creation might be Skuzzy, but it would be close.

But, now I see what the problem is. Even if I posted a help file you would not understand it.

Have a nice day.

SO you are a sound engineer .. Sorry to disrespect you .. I only managed to receive a FULL Scholarship to the US Naval Academy (Which I turned down) and also a Mechanical Engineering Degree within the Steel Manufacturing Industry.

Why do you even think you are qualified? I DO NOT NEED Your help - Please review the addition of MY Software Image addition to above comments .. Now you mention Skuzzy .. Do you think he would allow such rubbish to be downloaded by THEIR subscribers if it were detrimental to THE GAME! I think not Sir

LIKE I SAID .. Make a Sound Pack so ALL of Us Can Listen to it. With all this knowledge of sounds I know it will be better than mine .. I can just use YOURS from now on .. Make a folder for just (1) Plane .. Say the Typhoon .. I worked for 2 months on that engine from a 1/2 sec bit that came to be what it is now (Authentic) .. I bet yours will be BETTER than mine

My Advice to you .. See a GOOD Professional Therapist .. YOU NEED HELP!

« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 12:32:57 AM by TicTok »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2013, 01:24:46 AM »
All I have to do is look at what you just uploaded and I can tell you need a little advice about sound editing.

A mechanical engineer would have more comprehension of the written word. What I am saying about your sound problems is not childish, it's fact. The editor is a tool, like a hammer, or a saw. It does not guarantee perfect results, especially without a skilled worker using it. If you tell it to make junk, it will make junk. It's up to you to know, or learn, how to paste, mix, add effects, and how to remove noise. When you did the 'paste to a point' edit to add the damage sound to the engine you did not know how to properly place the insert point. That is why the sound you got as a result has the 'click' in it.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2013, 07:00:55 AM »
I downloaded your program for sound editing. The problem is you are trying to use a single track editor to do a multitrack edit. They (NCH Software) offer a multitrack editor that will fix you right up. MixPad.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2013, 07:03:56 AM »
Let's dial this back a bit.  Like it, or not, Chalenge has a point.  However, it is doubtful damage will occur using a regular computer sound chip or USB headset as those devices lack the dynamic power range and performance to react fast enough to single spikes out of the dB range of the device.

My system does catch it (audiophile grade sound card connected to a top of the line Yamaha and McIntosh amps playing through B&W speaker systems) and it sounds pretty bad.

When creating sound files you need to pay attention to the dB range of the audio.  If the dB range is too wide it will clip and cause distortion.  Most computer grade sound chips simply go dead during the clip and you may not actually hear anything.  In those cases you have to rely on the dB scale of the software.  If you are using a frequency view of the audio there should be a scale shown, in any decent quality sound editing software package.

In most cases you also want to reduce the dynamic range of the audio.  Artificially creating a wide dynamic range is not natural and interferes with 3D sound positioning by making something sound closer or father away than it really is.  Use of a decent compressor and expander (compander) can help alleviate dynamic range issues.

In all cases, clipping must be avoided or the sound will be distorted.  Depending on your audio equipment you may not "hear" the distortion, but it does not mean it is not there.  Anytime you exceed the dB range, of any device, there will be clipping.

In all my audio work I maintain a -1.5 dB ceiling in order to insure all devices will play the audio as I intended it.

When mixing multiple tracks of audio to form one output one has to be aware of phase inversions which can occur when the audio being blended in is out of phase with each other (rising edge meets falling edge causing an output to be constant).  This leads to another form of distortion which feels like pressure on your ears.  Software does not correct for this.  It is up to the person editing to insure phase inversions and mismatches do not occur.

These are all general comments and not targeted at any sound package.

I will not get into the copyright issue, but if we (HTC) get contacted by someone who holds a copyright and they demand we remove the offending work, we will do so.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline TicTok

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2013, 08:53:59 AM »
ALL files on this post have been removed .. Thanks for your input Skuzzy  :salute

If anyone wants me to continue with sounds .. Please post here [YES or NO] .. Either way I am OK with it.

I use what I can afford .. This is not for profit ..  :lol ... I listen to sound through speakers .. Not headphones

ALL sound packs are no different on my system .. They sound the same .. Thanks for Setting Me Straight   :cheers:

It is better to have tried and failed than to never have tried at all!   :old:

« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 09:17:04 AM by TicTok »

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2013, 03:17:07 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 03:37:14 PM by Skuzzy »
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART