Author Topic: The 2013 KOTH season news.  (Read 2327 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
The 2013 KOTH season news.
« on: January 18, 2013, 01:25:14 PM »
   And there is some news in the KOTH world, and not the best news. The applicant who was going to insure KOTH would run through 2013 was not accepted which means I am back in the position of not being able to guarantee the full 2013 season. I will run KOTH today for three reasons. Bosco's optimism struck a chord, although I really don't think he realizes the full impact that just might mean, secondly the players who attend and like the Special Event that packs more dogfighting into your hour of gaming than any other, and the fact I enjoy my event.
   Any and all players who participate in KOTH this year will do so with the understanding that there is no guarantee the season will finish normally and for the moment it is an unofficial season with 2 free months of AH for the prize instead of the plaque, if we get to the TOC stage.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: The 2013 KOTH season news.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 02:20:17 PM »
Ok anything is better than nothing is it not?? Who did not get accepted Bosco?? Why not? If in ensures the future of KOTH. Why the hell did Betty leave? Did she get forced out? Where did SheGotYa go?? Why are these people suddenly resigning?

What the hell is going on? Who decided that the future CM was not to be accepted?  :headscratch:

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 02:37:57 PM »
Ok anything is better than nothing is it not?? Who did not get accepted Bosco?? Why not? If in ensures the future of KOTH. Why the hell did Betty leave? Did she get forced out? Where did SheGotYa go?? Why are these people suddenly resigning?

What the hell is going on? Who decided that the future CM was not to be accepted?  :headscratch:

I think they vote and you have to not been banned from the board. I think they even check to see how many posts have been rule 4ed.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline VIPER

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 03:27:31 PM »
I am the one who applied, the voting is a democracy type vote......... I fully accept the outcome of it and lets just let it rest in peace!

no worries my friends!

Viper ( aka TC )
in game gameid:Viper

~~Avid KOTH Participant~~
also known as TC of the Damned

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 05:31:50 PM »

Uhhh...  I would love to hear the truth to this too. 
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 05:40:58 PM »
So TC a guy everyone respects and has flown koth forever is not good enough to be koth cm? Thats some BS right there what moron decided he was not good enough??!

Offline VIPER

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 05:43:59 PM »
I am the one who applied, the voting is a democracy type vote......... I fully accept the outcome of it and lets just let it rest in peace!

no worries my friends!

Viper ( aka TC )

please everyone, the KOTH does not need this right now...... ( I don't think )

Viper  / TC
in game gameid:Viper

~~Avid KOTH Participant~~
also known as TC of the Damned

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2013, 05:49:43 PM »
So TC a guy everyone respects and has flown koth forever is not good enough to be koth cm? Thats some BS right there what moron decided he was not good enough??!

And he was already a trainer for how long?  :headscratch:

<S> TC, thank you for trying. And Fuze too, <S>
-AoM-

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2013, 06:06:18 PM »
Why wasn't TC selected?  I think he is a good ole guy!  Always respectful and nice.  Would love to hear from the CM team.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Bosco123

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 07:43:04 PM »
Gentlemen,
Unfortunetly, we will not be able to disclose the reasons as to why he was not selected to become a CM.  At that is where we will leave it.  I understand that there is a lot of people frustrated, but I will not put any inputs into this.

I still intend to be a CM KOTH.   I understand and accept the responsibilities as being the CM (possibly Team Lead)  for KOTH (once fuze decides to take a break), and I am trying to put all of my will onto making this as well as I can make it.  I know that there will be people that hate and like the way I run things.  I just hope that the majority of you enjoy the event as I would like it to progress into the future.  If there has been one thing that the Marines around me have counted on me to do is the big picture.  I am very cognizant of the bigger picture and I strive to complete some very large task, with very little help.  If that is the one thing I have on my side, then I think KOTH will turn out to be alright.

I have a few ideas that I ran past fuzeman before I let this out.

I have a couple of rules that I would like to implement, and I would like to test it out, with the approval of the KOTHers in whole.  My ideas are not the best at times, so if you think you may have something better, please post it here, or send me a PM regarding what you think should either be better/improved.

1.  I would like to change the alt cap to 4.5K.  There will be a grey zone between 4.5K and 6K, which is where the cloud layer will remain at 6K.  Keep in mind that you can go past 4.5K and all the way up to 6K, but the wind will go vertical at 180mph starting at 4.5K.  I think the reason is clear, but to make sure:  This will hopefully improve fights, less BnZ, and more fighting around the KOTH.

2.  I would like to introduce WW1 aircraft into KOTH.  The stipulation to selecting a WW1 aircraft is that you have to be a wabbit.  With that, if you do select a WW1 aircraft, the radar ring will be a lot shorter and you will fight in more contained quarters.

Regarding the TOC:

1.  Anyone who has won a KOTH will NOT have a chance to win again at any point in the year.  You have won your spot to TOC, and there is no reason why you should win another.  You can still attend KOTH and you can win rounds, but you will not be scored for those wins.  I do not care if you have won 6 rounds in 1 KOTH, I will continue to run KOTH until a new person has won their invitation to TOC.

2.  Any wabbit who has been a wabbit in three separate KOTH will have earned their right to the TOC.  If you only have been wabbit for one or two KOTHS, you will still have a chance to win in the wKOTH.

3.  wKOTH will no longer be a regular KOTH.  it will be a one round event to decide who continues to TOC.  As I see it, many players will have already won their spot to TOC, and there will be far less competition in the wKOTH.  This hopefully, will drive players to win their way in instead of wKOTH. Also, wKOTH will begin just before TOC.  

These are my ideas that I think you will enjoy.  Please feel free to criticize as you will.  

<S>

EDIT:  I apologize for not being able to attend today's KOTH.  As much as I wanted to, work came first.  Which will lead me to my next point of issue that I have.  My work schedule is very unreliable.  My plan is to run Friday and Saturday KOTHs.  But I may be unable to run both.  If I can, and mind you this is a big "If", then the times will have to switch.  I cannot run KOTH at 2PM Pacific time here, because I may or may not be able to be there for the start.  Saturdays I'm almost always around, and I think that would be a good time to have  the Euro guys get in on the Saturdays. 
To put it simply, as a 20 year old, I run my own office and in charge of 6 other people that I need to be responsible for at any given time.  This is why I can't run Friday KOTH as early as it is.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 07:55:32 PM by Bosco123 »
Skifurd AKA "Bosco"
Unmanned Aerial Systems (UAS) Operator
United States Marine
"Stay ahead of the game, Stay ahead of the plane."

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 07:57:37 PM »
none of those changes would stop me from going to KOTH :aok

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 09:23:23 PM »
Gentlemen,
Unfortunetly, we will not be able to disclose the reasons as to why he was not selected to become a CM.  At that is where we will leave it.  I understand that there is a lot of people frustrated, but I will not put any inputs into this.

That's great and all, but I have no qualms calling them out. Whoever voted no is a dumb ass. TC was probably a volunter trainer longer than most of these squeaker cm's have played.  Why don't they step up and host KOTH?

As far as your rule change ideas. These can be debated. I don't think they're going to really revitalize the event at all. What really needs to happen is first find 1/2 hosts who can reliably run it consistently to get the player participation and interest back up. But GL Bosco. If you're chosen I'll support it
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:28:34 PM by Scotch »
-AoM-

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 06:37:59 AM »
I have been privy to some quite shocking reading material regarding CMs, it seems that somewhere along the chain it lost the ability to have differing views of opinion but retain mutual respect and a united front, so the solution was to axe anyone with a differing opinion! I must say its depressing and disappointing to read.

Here are the facts

• KOTH has only 1 CM
  • That CM will be possibly be retiring soon
  • A respected player who has a long history in KOTH and the game including being a trainer volunteered his time to help out
  • That was rejected

So wakey wakey CMs no one has came forward in the months since Betty retired, you are choosing to cancel KOTH even when the option to keep it open is there, I would suggest you set your personal opinions or ego to one side and look at every situation objectively in future for the good of KOTH.

There was a reason fuzeman was a great CM for KOTH he was a grizzly old b@$%^d who stuck to his guns regards the rules and did not let the various egos and personality's of KOTH influence him, I view TC in much the same way, he pulls no punches and tells it how it is, excellent host material!

Offline mrmidi

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 07:32:23 AM »
CM team business is not something for public debate.

If a CM decides to leave, it is a matter between that CM and the rest of the CM team.

If a player wishes to become a CM, he will fill out an application which includes his GameID and other information; it is then discussed and voted on amongst the CM team before that player is accepted.

Now with all your questions answered. Let me assure you the CM Team NEVER has tried to shutdown the KOTH event.
That is not an option. I can assure you we " The CM Team " are working with Fuzeman to find a replacement or some one
to step in and help out so that KOTH can continue to go on as it should.

:salute
midi
In charge of nothing.
C.O. 29th TFT, "We Move Mountains"
It is what it is!

Offline pervert

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 08:02:50 AM »
CM team business is not something for public debate.

If a CM decides to leave, it is a matter between that CM and the rest of the CM team.

If a player wishes to become a CM, he will fill out an application which includes his GameID and other information; it is then discussed and voted on amongst the CM team before that player is accepted.

Now with all your questions answered. Let me assure you the CM Team NEVER has tried to shutdown the KOTH event.
That is not an option. I can assure you we " The CM Team " are working with Fuzeman to find a replacement or some one
to step in and help out so that KOTH can continue to go on as it should.

:salute
midi

Can you tell me what you are looking for in a KOTH CM? ie the selection criteria?