Author Topic: Who Turned on the clouds  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
Re: Who Turned on the clouds
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2013, 05:12:13 PM »
The only thing you can do with clouds is turn on or off the "bump map clouds" setting. You cannot remove the clouds. For some, even turning off the cloud bump mapping doesn't help much. I'm pretty sure they will have to upgrade some PC components - unless HTC can figure out why the new clouds impact frame rates so much. As far as I know, they are working on it and it's why there are very few clouds in the main arenas and the ones that are there are limited to a small section of the map.

This.  I don't know why so many are having so much trouble with them only being enabled in a minute space of a map, if even at all.  It leads me to believe it may be a problem somewhere else, or that the clouds may have nothing to do with the problem these players are having at all.  IE: If a truck full of nails flips on a freeway in LA, it is not uncommon for everyone who picked up a nail in their tire for the next week or two in the metropolitan area to blame it on this incident, nevermind that they may of never drove on any freeway durign that time, or if they did then far from the one section on the one freeway that had the incident occur.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2013, 06:05:29 PM »
It leads me to believe it may be a problem somewhere else, or that the clouds may have nothing to do with the problem these players are having at all.

The clouds cover only a tiny part of the terrain.  When I am in that part, and I look at the clouds, my fps drops in half.  Anywhere else, or not looking at the clouds, and the fps recovers.  I'm pretty sure its because of the clouds and not because I ran over a nail.

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2013, 07:24:16 PM »
I really like the clouds.  I really do wonder what is causing such an enormous hit to framerate that I see posted over and over.  It didnt make a noticeable difference for me and my PC is a hacked together piece of junk.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2013, 07:47:26 PM »
This is getting tiring the best frame rate i get is 11 and it seems that my computer cant handle it the problem is its only a year old i am getting sort of angry because the game is unplayable at the moment

Disable cloud bump mapping and lower (if not disable) the fullupdates to none.  You may also want to think about disabling shadows or at the least reduce the shadow textures to the lowest setting.  These little tweaks should get you enough FPS to play.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2013, 02:28:15 AM »
my new pc plays with everything maxed out, not shadows in plane as it looks odd above 2480 or what ever it is.

On the runway it was fsp 54 with everything on fire :old:

A lot of the settings I will switched off ie bump map terrain because it looks odd as well.

Again its choice for the individual, being old and decrepid some of the effects are wasted on me :)

By the way my pc was very expensive  and I am scared to switch it on :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2013, 02:57:05 AM »
My pc is 7 years old but it can run ah -  thanks to all AH's crew.   :rock

It has a pentium 2.23 GHz, 2 Gb of memory, x1650 graphic card - in other words it sucks quite well
but it does its work after all.      :)

It's probably that the Tracifi's pc has some problem.

:salute
mobilis in mobile