Author Topic: Who Turned on the clouds  (Read 1286 times)

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
Who Turned on the clouds
« on: January 19, 2013, 03:06:17 PM »
This is getting tiring the best frame rate i get is 11 and it seems that my computer cant handle it the problem is its only a year old i am getting sort of angry because the game is unplayable at the moment
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Who Turned on the clouds
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 03:25:43 PM »
If you get a cheap computer a year ago, it's going to be even worst now. Post your Dxdiag report and the settings your using in the game a you might get some suggestions on what to tweak, instead of just sitting there and complaining.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 03:30:53 PM »
As Fugi said, a dxdiag will help point out the bottleneck of your computer. My computer is three years old and handles the new clouds just fine. Your issue could be either the video card or the CPU (or both).
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 05:06:46 PM »
I went down to a frame rate of 3.  It is my integrated video that is knocking mine down.  I turned everything off in the game then went out lowed the texture to 512.  Got up to 13 in the clouds.  It was unplayable for sure.  There were many areas without clouds so I went there. 

The budget want allow a widow card upgrade and a power supply upgrade on my emachine which seems to be the normal recommendation.  It doesn't make sense either to put much money in a four year old computer.  I will post a topic in the hardware section to see if there is a low power video card that would give me some boost.

I see the future is the clouds so I know they must want to keep going with them but if they are everywhere then they may have a member drop off for sure. Seems like when the clouds first went puffy last year I did not take as big of a hit.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 05:59:47 PM »
If you cant afford to play, then you cant afford to play. Why should we all suffer because some of you want to play this game on $300.00 Black Friday E Machines?

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 06:06:22 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 06:06:11 PM »
If you cant afford to play, then you cant afford to play. Why should we all suffer because some of you want to play this game on $300.00 Black Friday E Machines?
Because half of the customer base plays on PC's similar to this, you guys need to realize this, in FSO last night I was holding ~5 FPS through the clouds.

If there's no option to 'dumb them down' or something to help FPS and we get these clouds more and more, on more maps, and in more places I can foresee some unsubscribing.
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 06:15:48 PM »
Well then half the customer base needs to upgrade their stuff. I mean really, if you're going to dish out the cash for 250.oo joysticks, throttle and rudder pedals then why not spend 300 bucks on a video card and or power supply and some memory?

I've spent a couple grand easy over the years trying to keep up with the changes. If HTC wants to keep moving forward and compete with the other eye candy games out there, I'm all for it. I'm here for the long term. The "half of player base" you speak of Redbull will be gone as soon as the next flashy game comes along. So I say to them, if ya want to play this game then get the stuff to play it with.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 06:18:16 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline Weirdguy

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 06:21:47 PM »
Because half of the customer base plays on PC's similar to this, you guys need to realize this, in FSO last night I was holding ~5 FPS through the clouds.

If there's no option to 'dumb them down' or something to help FPS and we get these clouds more and more, on more maps, and in more places I can foresee some unsubscribing.

Half of the people play on those machines?  I find your guess a bit hard to believe, and it is a guess on your part.

I also don't agree with this argument that what is needed are lower tech graphics to attract more players.  That sounds counter intuitive to me.

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 06:23:37 PM »
Well then half the customer base needs to upgrade their stuff. I mean really, if you're going to dish out the cash for 250.oo joysticks, throttle and rudder pedals then why not spend 300 bucks on a video card and or power supply and some memory?

I've spent a couple grand easy over the years trying to keep up with the changes. If HTC wants to keep moving forward and compete with the other eye candy games out there, I'm all for it. I'm here for the long term. The "half of player base" you speak of Redbull will be gone as soon as the next flashy game comes along. So I say to them, if ya want to play this game then get the stuff to play it with.
250? o.O

Not counting the subscription itself I've spent a total of $45 total in my near 2 years in Aces High

All 3 were new Logitech 3D Pro's ...

I am about due for a new one though, so you can chalk it up to 60  :old:
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2013, 06:36:11 PM »
Weird, I didn't see where the poster said anything about the quality of his computer, just that it was a year old. Help him out with some performance suggestions. But to start implying he's some low class cheapskate whiner is pretty lame.
-AoM-

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2013, 06:42:35 PM »
250? o.O

Not counting the subscription itself I've spent a total of $45 total in my near 2 years in Aces High

All 3 were new Logitech 3D Pro's ...

I am about due for a new one though, so you can chalk it up to 60  :old:
:lol I like the fact that you're frugal with your money, but do you think it's fair to other players to have to go without the eye candy because you're too damned cheap to spend some money? This is the only game I play. So that's where I put my extra cash. 
Lighten up Francis

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2013, 06:44:56 PM »
Head into the Classified section and ask for used stuff, or better, go into the well known hardware sites (Tom's Hardware, overclockers.net) and ask for used/free stuff. You'd be surprised at what people are willing to give away. I built my dad a mediocre frankenstein of a PC from parts people were throwing away. He only uses it for mail and daily news, I paid a total of 40? 50 ish bucks for it.

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2013, 06:46:02 PM »
Weird, I didn't see where the poster said anything about the quality of his computer, just that it was a year old. Help him out with some performance suggestions. But to start implying he's some low class cheapskate whiner is pretty lame.
well that's the impression I get from reading Randy1's post. That's whom I'm referring to...not the OP. The OP really doesn't get enough info to help him with. Other then he's angry that his year old computer is getting a FR of 11.

I think I did make some performance suggestions.....i.e. spend some money on ram, video card and power supply.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 06:52:11 PM by uptown »
Lighten up Francis

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2013, 07:05:20 PM »
The only thing you can do with clouds is turn on or off the "bump map clouds" setting. You cannot remove the clouds. For some, even turning off the cloud bump mapping doesn't help much. I'm pretty sure they will have to upgrade some PC components - unless HTC can figure out why the new clouds impact frame rates so much. As far as I know, they are working on it and it's why there are very few clouds in the main arenas and the ones that are there are limited to a small section of the map.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2013, 08:16:29 PM »

Easy there....I, therefore you, is not a good practice.  You have no idea who can afford what, yes?  Sometimes folks don't know how to set their systems up to maximize the game.  If you go to the Hardware and Software area right now, there is a thread that will blow you away regarding nVidia control panel settings.  Those settings worked better on my machine and apparently others too, that have had issues and I promise you, I got the money, lol.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,338724.195.html
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba