Author Topic: Sportsmanship  (Read 6636 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sportsmanship
« Reply #45 on: January 20, 2013, 07:33:09 PM »
I'd have to stop hunting buffs.   :uhoh
:rofl for real
Lighten up Francis

Offline deadstikmac

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2013, 07:40:49 PM »
Caldera for his avatar.  :O

If cals avatar only bounced like daddykevs

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2013, 07:44:46 PM »
If cals avatar only bounced like daddykevs
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ YES PLZ
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: January 20, 2013, 07:58:23 PM »
I nominate perdweeb.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline RedBull1

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: January 20, 2013, 07:59:06 PM »
^ lawlzzz ^
"There is absolutely no point discussing anything on the BBS, it's mostly populated by people who are right about everything, no one listens and everyone is just talking. People will argue over the shape of an egg." -Anonymous

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2013, 08:27:57 PM »
So many people I can't name them all. Have had so many good fights, so many good laughs, and so much fun with everyone on this game.

:salute AHII Community

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2013, 11:18:02 PM »
I never went against him but he dude literally is just a class act...

I nominate Waystin2
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2013, 12:37:47 AM »
Dodger and Paleoguy and PotsNPans
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2013, 02:56:11 AM »
AcesHigh Sportsman and Gentleman ... Gotta be Shida
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube+Twitch - 20Dolby10

"BE a man and shoot me in the back" - pez

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2013, 03:15:26 AM »
999000, Waystin, oldman, Dr7, BBaw, Ack Ack, Syko, Hajo, Kappa, *Nomde*:-), *Frenchy*:-), *Betty*:-), *Kermit*:-), *shegotcha*:-), Shane, Steve, Sads, Scotch, IrishOne, INK, doright, Lawndart, Silat, Agent360,SF, Dodger, PotsNPans, Morfiend, MtnMan, Fugitive.....

Some in this list are no longer in the game as noted.

I think these lists are rather subjective. Many in the list are simply very nice people to play the game with. Others are absolute grouches until they are helping you to learn ACM. Quality is quality whether you are grading cactuses or orchids.

I would vote for 999000 as number one. He was just as classy when I met him back in AW on the wrong end of his B17's tail guns as he is today 20 years later. I can not remember a time in the last 11 years oldman didn't compliment each person he fought with in the CT\AvA after the fight no matter who won.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2013, 07:44:05 AM »
Any of the Prawns; FTJR, Threeup and all of Squad!

GWurzel, Pawz, nrshida, TomG, Bruv119, cat409, OddCaf, RedDevil. Too many to remember.

Lots of guys here are the classy lot :aok

:cheers: Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline Brakechk

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2013, 08:52:17 AM »
hmm are there 2 latrobes?  for me its Messiah, LilMak, Oddcaf.. Odd is my teammate and when you follow him around, you cant help but learn and have good fun. when he lands kills he gets many many green salutes bc his whole team knows what a go getter he is. i havent outflown and beat Messiah and LilMak bc they are badasses in our juggie wuggies. they are always so nice to me and mentor me. dont think ive seen them complain a bit. most of the uber guys are flat out unwilling to teach and help. they dont want competition, they want status quo. my nominees thrive on competition and are extra nice about it too.

In my experience I have to disagree with the part regarding uber guys not wanting to help.  Everytime I have ever PM'd one of them after flat out thumping me in a fight or just seeing them in country have been more than willing to give advice.  That's just my experience with the ones I have PM'd....off the top of my head:   Stang, Joach1m, Ink (Jetsom), Redbull, Skyrock...some others I'm sure... I can't remember.  They were always willing to give out advice or information that I asked for.  The other guys mentioned in the post that I have talked to have also been good guys.  I have gotten rage PM's, but not from any of the guys that I would consider uber.

Not saying you haven't had bad experiences in that regard...just saying I haven't.  I think the attitude of keeping "secrets" or not wanting competition would be more likely in someone with a more middle of the roadish ability. 

I've not been in the DA/TA with any of them yet but not because they haven't offered.  The schedules just haven't meshed for it.  If there is a good time for it I would love to know so I can plan for it....really want to join in on that if possible.

Zaphod
Brakechk/Zaphod

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2013, 09:36:43 AM »
Thank you for the many honourable mentions but I must decline to agree. Presently I am not being very Gentlemanly at all, I have had some distasteful experiences in game and most especially on this forum with some of the more abhorrent facets of human personalities which has taken its toll on my normal Zen deportment. I can only attribute my reduced tolerance to the rather stressful half year Mrs Shida and I have been experiencing since the premature birth of Tiny Shida. I am rather tired all of the time and am presently not able to think with the clarity and patience I once had. In the words of Spock:

"Please pay no attention. I'm not myself. I'm behaving disgracefully. I have eaten animal flesh and I have enjoyed it".

Considering way now with the hope that I can once again be worthy of such consideration*...

:salute

* This offer does not apply to Midway. Only one discount per household. Normal Terms & Conditions apply

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Kovel

• Copper Member
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2013, 09:43:28 AM »
I've recently asked a very skilled 1 vs 1 player to go to the DA. I came across him in the MA and he killed me very fast in a 1 vs 1 "in my ride" while he was pretty new in the same plane than me.

He accepted. Not only that. He taught me some tricks there.  :aok

From my experience, some uber pilots are willing to help.

:salute

Edit: I added "some" uber pilots.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2013, 09:45:36 AM by Kovel »
" I personally led the attack to A1" - Pipz

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2013, 10:47:07 AM »
 :
That's three nominations for canukk now  :D
:O :confused: :lol