Author Topic: Sportsmanship  (Read 6645 times)

Offline Brakechk

• Copper Member
Re: Sportsmanship
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2013, 03:46:35 PM »
Thur nights 10 pm and Fridays after FSO

No problem with you all if I just show up then?  If not then I'll be there and thanks!

Zaphod
Brakechk/Zaphod

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #76 on: January 21, 2013, 04:05:13 PM »
 :lol 80th bomber group
Lighten up Francis

Offline titanic3

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: January 21, 2013, 04:44:02 PM »
 :lol well then if you're serious then you're full of horsesheet. I said he's alright but he ain't no angel be any means. You remember "MegaDave"? I think Debrody is one of those guys you won't like until one takes the time to get to know him and understand his style.

Yup, Deb and I came to good terms after having a rage fest followed by an ... Exciting ... DA match.  :devil

the game is concentrated on combat, not on shaking the screen.

semp

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #78 on: January 21, 2013, 04:55:02 PM »
I'd say of all the people I've run into in the game, mbailey, thndregg and waystin are the three I'd give the nod to for best sport.

Mbailey, I first ran into him about two years ago, his spitfire vs. My FM2. We found each other three straight times over some base. I shot him down twice, once with a questionable front-quarter deflection. He had every right to be frustrated and complain on 200, but instead he sent me a PM complimenting me on how well I was flying the wildcat. He's always friendly on range, and an all-around class act.

I've known thndregg since I started playing, and he was one of the guys who took me under his wing to teach me how to fly, fight and bomb in the B-17. While I was never a member of the 91st BG, he always made me feel welcome on their runs. I remember when he scheduled a squad night at 1 in the afternoon so BQ 82 could fly with us from Iraq. He's always a great guy to run into.

Waystin is always friendly to everyone, and he will go out of his way to clear your 6 in a fight. He's fun to fly with, and great to work with on a command staff for scenarios.
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: January 21, 2013, 05:01:40 PM »
Yup, Deb and I came to good terms after having a rage fest followed by an ... Exciting ... DA match.  :devil
Hey, dont keep beating a dead horse. Otherwise i will kick your shiny butt again!... ...  ... wait...  :lol
Still, i doubt you can beat me in my plane now - just like i couldnt beat anyone in anything else.
AoM
City of ice

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #80 on: January 21, 2013, 05:05:52 PM »
AKPeppr! :aok

I'll second that one. Oh crap did I just agree with Midway?  :bhead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #81 on: January 21, 2013, 05:41:36 PM »
Mbailey, I first ran into him about two years ago, his spitfire vs. My FM2. We found each other three straight times over some base. I shot him down twice, once with a questionable front-quarter deflection. He had every right to be frustrated and complain on 200, but instead he sent me a PM complimenting me on how well I was flying the wildcat. He's always friendly on range, and an all-around class act.

Agreed.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #82 on: January 21, 2013, 07:32:36 PM »
hmm are there 2 latrobes?  for me its Messiah, LilMak, Oddcaf.. Odd is my teammate and when you follow him around, you cant help but learn and have good fun. when he lands kills he gets many many green salutes bc his whole team knows what a go getter he is. i havent outflown and beat Messiah and LilMak bc they are badasses in our juggie wuggies. they are always so nice to me and mentor me. dont think ive seen them complain a bit. most of the uber guys are flat out unwilling to teach and help. they dont want competition, they want status quo. my nominees thrive on competition and are extra nice about it too.

This is simpley, not to be insulting, due to an misinterpretation of what "the uber guys" are.  Those whom you're thinking of, are not uber except at gaming the game for score.  They won't show or teach you because they teach you how to always coem in 10k above the fight and run like hell at the first sign of loosing that advantage in the area.  Or how to only run attack sorties until you have a friendly CV right offshore of an enemy base or find a friendly horde deacking a field (and, thusm, come in behind and 10k above the rest of your friendlies).  Their skill is due in part as much (if not more) because of their understanding of utilisign the scoring system to their favor as it is to their ability to dogfight in combat.

You are damn right about Messiah though, especialy in a jug (and he likes to help/teach to others what he can), just last night I belovingly refered to him as "the only guy that I can screw up setting the target up in a rope for and ALWAYS (almost) makes a kill shot anyways.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #83 on: January 21, 2013, 08:01:26 PM »
No problem with you all if I just show up then?  If not then I'll be there and thanks!

Zaphod

Absolutely no problem sir.  We all head over around the times...sometimes before, sometimes after.  Very informal.  You can look for me, Dodger, Scotch, Skyrock, INK, bunnies (he's coming back this week), SERaider, BzSaw, Squat, Junky to name a few.  Send us a PM when youre in the MA and see what the plan is. 

Welcome.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #84 on: January 21, 2013, 08:06:48 PM »
bunnies (he's coming back this week),

:banana:
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #85 on: January 21, 2013, 08:11:22 PM »
:banana:

Yep...gonna be rusty but still whip most of the tards in the game.
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Midway

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: January 21, 2013, 08:17:22 PM »
Yep...gonna be rusty but still whip most of the tards in the game.

I get to pwn bunnies again! :banana:
He flies in big sweeping circles and I can counter those easy. :banana:
He likes fighting my Spitfire and being amazed by the resulting pwnage. :banana:

<3 bunnies :aok :rock

Now, where is JUGgler? :headscratch: :frown:

PARADISE ON EARTH  ------->  http://www.youtube.com/v/g_D4RhfCY2M&autoplay=1&hd=1&fs=1   <-------  PARADISE ON EARTH :)

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: January 21, 2013, 08:48:32 PM »
I get to hump bunnies ankle again! :banana:
He flies in big sweeping circles and I can counter those easy. :banana:
He likes fighting my easy mode crutch ride with training wheels and being amazed by the resulting suckage. :banana:

<3 bunnies :aok :rock

Now, where is JUGgler? :

Fixed :aok

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #88 on: January 21, 2013, 09:05:18 PM »

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #89 on: January 21, 2013, 09:27:50 PM »
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)