Author Topic: Sportsmanship  (Read 6625 times)

Offline Brakechk

• Copper Member
Re: Sportsmanship
« Reply #105 on: January 23, 2013, 04:43:57 PM »
Absolutely no problem sir.  We all head over around the times...sometimes before, sometimes after.  Very informal.  You can look for me, Dodger, Scotch, Skyrock, INK, bunnies (he's coming back this week), SERaider, BzSaw, Squat, Junky to name a few.  Send us a PM when youre in the MA and see what the plan is. 

Welcome.

Thank ya buddy  :aok :salute
Brakechk/Zaphod

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #106 on: January 23, 2013, 05:18:14 PM »
Oh, I forgot one person. Floatsup.

He's an absolute riot on vox, and will make your day no matter what. I'll never forget the time when i was on a different country as him, trying to make it home in a F4F with half a wing. He swooped in from high 6 in a P-51, observed that I was missing half a wing, flew past, rocked his wings and let me go. That was just about the classiest thing i've ever seen in the MA. :salute
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline 999000

• Silver Member
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2013, 06:19:49 PM »
Two guys that  that I miss because of how they played the game are Tatertot, and 68KO. <S>

Offline SHawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #108 on: January 24, 2013, 06:11:09 AM »
Two guys that  that I miss because of how they played the game are Tatertot, and 68KO. <S>

Well one is alive and well but probably covered in Ketchup  :D and the other passed away tragically several years back. :cry

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXLZeL59gfc&NR=1&feature=fvwp <<--My Favorite Band

If it takes full power to taxi to the hanger, your gear is probably up.

Offline ren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #109 on: January 24, 2013, 07:16:14 AM »
I have to put my vote for B2B.     :rock
My cartoon plane is better then your cartoon plane.
                         71 RAF Squadron

Renegade

Offline Fulcrum

• Silver Member
« Reply #110 on: January 24, 2013, 10:10:29 AM »
999 and Latrobe.   Hands down class acts.

Will there ever be an "anti-sportsmanship" award of the year?    */me Ducks thrown shoe*

Ok...shutting up now before I get the thread locked.  Sorry...couldn't help myself.   :bolt:
Going by "Hoplite" now. :)

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #111 on: January 24, 2013, 11:42:03 AM »
Who in the game would you nominate as sportsam of the year 2012?  This should be someone who fights hard, never complains or puffs their chest and maybe gives a salute for a fight well fought.  They should also carry themselves this way on the BBs (if they partake) as well as in-game.

I'll throw my initial vote out to 999000.  Who do you feel is deserving?

I'm out.
Who is John Galt?

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #112 on: January 24, 2013, 12:20:58 PM »
Oh, I forgot one person. Floatsup.

He's an absolute riot on vox, and will make your day no matter what. I'll never forget the time when i was on a different country as him, trying to make it home in a F4F with half a wing. He swooped in from high 6 in a P-51, observed that I was missing half a wing, flew past, rocked his wings and let me go. That was just about the classiest thing i've ever seen in the MA. :salute

Maybe if he wasn't piss drunk.

There I was, minding my own business, when I heard Floatsup's cries for help over vox.  There he was on the deck, running from something or other.  So, I dropped in to break the bad guy off and then ended up in trouble myself.  Meanwhile, Floatsup is yelling at me on vox: "Snuggie?!  What kind of f...ed up kinda name is that?  You must be a f...ing f...ot!" as he left me hung out to dry and then went and landed his kills.  Real sportsman-like right there.
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: January 24, 2013, 12:56:35 PM »
Maybe if he wasn't piss drunk.

There I was, minding my own business, when I heard Floatsup's cries for help over vox.  There he was on the deck, running from something or other.  So, I dropped in to break the bad guy off and then ended up in trouble myself.  Meanwhile, Floatsup is yelling at me on vox: "Snuggie?!  What kind of f...ed up kinda name is that?  You must be a f...ing f...ot!" as he left me hung out to dry and then went and landed his kills.  Real sportsman-like right there.

Well... I mean... come on...

:bolt:
In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline BluBerry

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #114 on: January 24, 2013, 04:29:45 PM »
 Even though I'm just returning, I played through 2012 and left at the end of September. Sportsmanship I'm casting my vote for Vudu15. There are many good sports in the game, but Vudu15 will kill you and then be more then happy to help you learn. Also he stays out of the 200 drama and respects people. Classy guy.  :salute

Offline Wildcat1

• Gold Member
« Reply #115 on: January 24, 2013, 04:59:52 PM »
Even though I'm just returning, I played through 2012 and left at the end of September. Sportsmanship I'm casting my vote for Vudu15. There are many good sports in the game, but Vudu15 will kill you and then be more then happy to help you learn. Also he stays out of the 200 drama and respects people. Classy guy.  :salute

+1 :salute
having fun and getting killed since tour 110
The King of 'Cobras. 350th FG, Tunisia 2016

Air Traffic Controller (Air Warfare/Surface Warfare) 2nd Class, USS John C. Stennis CVN-74

Offline Doc72

• Copper Member
« Reply #116 on: January 25, 2013, 01:32:15 AM »
Thank you Ink and Redbull!! You both are as well and there are many, many others.... The Piggies, BushLt, ghi, SkyRock, AlfaMega, 999, the Jokers, AK's, Dolby, ChiLLi, ozrocker, ZaZa, Silat, PotNpans, Tongs, Alaskn, joec, OBX, TwinBoom, Pawz, Del, hymi...... just off the top of my head. I'd even mention Zaphod except he's a Squaddie and I know he takes out his frustrations on the trees which I think is unsportman like....poor squirrels.  :rofl  :t   :joystick:  :neener:  :bolt:

:salute :salute :cheers: :salute :salute to everyone!

Doc72CH
XO 364th C-Hawks
Professional bait
aka: sparky

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: January 25, 2013, 02:28:40 AM »
Well... jokers and hymi as the statue of sportsmanship...  uhm...
The others you listed, i absolutely agree though...
AoM
City of ice

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #118 on: January 25, 2013, 09:03:42 AM »
The sportsmanship award for me goes to anyone who keeps their chest thumping and smack talk off 200 and the bbs. Then to anyone I run into that doesn't run back to their ack.

Makes it a pretty short list.

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Sunka

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.327th.com/
« Reply #119 on: January 25, 2013, 01:01:46 PM »
Half the names in this list i kill and no salute, i kill em and i always salute,a number of you players are nuts.
 :salute
Someday the mountain might getem but the law nvr will. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP5EkvOGMCs